Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Jordi
JK
Mustangt125
Jord
Danny
Carlos Jenkinson
Cadbury
SBSP
Jamie
Barton
coolhead33
luke.
Lux
17 posters

Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ?

Anonymous

Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? Empty Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ?

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:43 am

Or will they bounce back and challenge for the title ?

Personally I don't think they'll become a mid table team but nothing more than a top 4 spot tbh.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? Empty Re: Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ?

Post by Lux Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:46 am

Chelsea have more quality than Liverpool.

I'm not putting my neck on the line either way...it's too hard to say where Chelsea's season will lead them...anything could happen.

I think they will pick up points even when they're not playing that well...Arsenal played good football and losing them to away isn't that bad......
    luke.
    luke.

Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? Empty Re: Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ?

Post by luke. Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:47 am

No. Not as bad, nowhere near as bad.

However, the league is fading away from us with every game, and Champions League football is slowly starting to look like a struggle to get this season.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:49 am

They've got to needlessly sack a very good manager and replace him with a crap one first.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:50 am

Luxz0rz wrote:Chelsea have more quality than Liverpool.

I'm not putting my neck on the line either way...it's too hard to say where Chelsea's season will lead them...anything could happen.

I think they will pick up points even when they're not playing that well...Arsenal played good football and losing them to away isn't that bad......
    Liverpool had as much quality when they came second and anything is possible at this point.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:51 am

HenryGale wrote:Liverpool had as much quality when they came second and anything is possible at this point.

Then you lost Alonso and now Mascherano + Benitez and the shit has hit the fan.

Anything is possible..........but not Liverpool doing well surely Pfft
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:51 am

HenryGale wrote:

Liverpool had as much quality when they came second and anything is possible at this point.

We over-achieved when we came second.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:54 am

HenryGale wrote:Or will they bounce back and challenge for the title ?

Personally I don't think they'll become a mid table team but nothing more than a top 4 spot tbh.

It would have to be Henrygale the Liverpool fan still in the closet after another half a season Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? 586698
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:57 am

No because Chelsea are stinking rich. Just make a couple summer signings of quality and they will be right back.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:00 am

If Abramovich doesn't spend or the new UEFA rules regarding transfers take place...

And their best players retire/are passed it

and some crazy fucker like Lampard or Drogba leave for Inter or something

Than Ancelotti get's replaced by some fucker like Hodgson

Then perhaps Chelsea will do a Liverpool for a season.

But they won't do it for consecutive seasons. They'll get their shit sorted out eventually.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:01 am

Dan wrote:They've got to needlessly sack a very good manager and replace him with a crap one first.
    Sacking ancelotti and hiring rafa is a real possibility Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? 12784
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:03 am

The-Reporter wrote:No because Chelsea are stinking rich. Just make a couple summer signings of quality and they will be right back.

facepalm

Those days ended 5 years ago.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:06 am

Only god knows
    Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? 37257
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:45 am

luke. wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:No because Chelsea are stinking rich. Just make a couple summer signings of quality and they will be right back.

Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? 58503

Those days ended 5 years ago.
    He would still spend money if you drop out of the top 4.

He might sack a few managers before he realises though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:51 am

ancelotti already told tuttosport that abramovic has given him blank cheque to sign new players if he wants

but then he said to british press a few day later that 'i dont need to buy, squad is good enough'

very delusional things by ancelotti, maybe he being smoking drugs or something im no sure
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:51 am

No chance, this will blow over and they'll get back into the title race.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:54 am

I remember back in the 08/09 season. Liverpool were massive title contenders, how times have changed. Shame they didn't win it that season. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:59 am

JMB_94 wrote:I remember back in the 08/09 season. Liverpool were massive title contenders, how times have changed. Shame they didn't win it that season. Neutral
    How unfortunate. ddance
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:00 am

He has nipples in his avatar. Ban him I say.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:08 am

kyro7 wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:I remember back in the 08/09 season. Liverpool were massive title contenders, how times have changed. Shame they didn't win it that season. Neutral
    How unfortunate. ddance
    Laughing

I think they might if Ancelotti gets sacked. If they don't sign some decent players who have a good five to ten years ahead of them then they will be in major trouble when their older players start to retire.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:17 am

kyro7 wrote:
    How unfortunate. Will Chelsea go the way of Liverpool ? 839548

Yeah, i actually wanted them to win it that season. I became a fan of the Gerrard and Torres duo.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:37 am

Dan wrote:
    HenryGale wrote:

Really?
    Looking back at our team I think that second place was about right.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:40 am

Youth's looking fairly shit and Abramovic doesn't want to spend 30m+ on players each so that's not going to buy you any world class players realistically especially if they're young. Eventually they could but we're talking a good 3+ years here
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:49 am

NGreat wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    HenryGale wrote:

Really?
    Looking back at our team I think that second place was about right.

Nah.

Statistically, teams finish in a similar position they are in on the 'wage table'. The biggest wage bill usually wins the league etc. We had the 5th highest wage bill and came 2nd. Last year, we had the 6th highest and came 7th.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:57 am

Tom wrote:Youth's looking fairly shit and Abramovic doesn't want to spend 30m+ on players each so that's not going to buy you any world class players realistically especially if they're young. Eventually they could but we're talking a good 3+ years here

facepalm

Kakuta, McEachran, Bruma, Matic, Delac, PVA, Sturridge, Borini, Clifford, Rajkovic etc. are all looking shit?

facepalmfacepalmfacepalm
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:59 am

luke. wrote:
    Tom wrote:Youth's looking fairly shit and Abramovic doesn't want to spend 30m+ on players each so that's not going to buy you any world class players realistically especially if they're young. Eventually they could but we're talking a good 3+ years here

facepalm

Kakuta, McEachran, Bruma, Matic, Delac, PVA, Sturridge, Borini, Clifford, Rajkovic etc. are all looking shit?

facepalmfacepalmfacepalm

Well...quite a lot of them are black after all

Simples
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:00 pm

luke. wrote:

facepalm

facepalmfacepalmfacepalm
    All of them except Sturridge, yes.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:01 pm

SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    luke. wrote:

facepalm

facepalmfacepalmfacepalm
    All of them except Sturridge, yes.

So, Kakuta, McEachran, are looking shit?

You probably haven't seen anything of the others so you're in no position to comment.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:10 pm

luke. wrote:

facepalm

facepalmfacepalmfacepalm

Yes they are facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm

Funny how most agree with me on this one
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:14 pm

luke. wrote:

facepalm

facepalmfacepalmfacepalm
    They are not shit, but they are all prospects and not good enough to start. You either have great veteren players or young prospects not good enough yet. Look at the young players at United - Rafael, Anderson, Chicarito.. all starting quality. Arsenal - Whole first 11 adds up to 4 years old.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:40 pm