Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Sean
Trig
Carlos Jenkinson
AriseForLife
Cadbury
arsenalap11
Marvin
wellz
Jamie
Mustangt125
Cornholio
dena
luke.
Mario
Kris
Mouse
Drake
Mal
Jordi
Jord
Grenade
chiboygeorge
26 posters

Top Teenage Prospects (FIFA.com)

Anonymous

Top Teenage Prospects (FIFA.com) - Page 4 Empty Re: Top Teenage Prospects (FIFA.com)

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Jonjo hasn't proven shit yet.

Although isn't he younger than the others?
    Anonymous

Top Teenage Prospects (FIFA.com) - Page 4 Empty Re: Top Teenage Prospects (FIFA.com)

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:29 pm

18 it says on wiki.

He don't look english at all Laughing
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:31 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Jonjo hasn't proven shit yet.

I will not let any English hate overshadow the fact that he's a brilliant player. He's 18, younger than Wilshere, older than McEachran.

He is English, but has some illness.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:34 pm

The-Reporter wrote:Shelvey likes to attack when i've seen him play, is he a defensive mid?
    At Charlton he was used as either a striker or behind one. But for us he plays as an attacking midfielder.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:36 pm

Jord wrote:

I will not let any English hate overshadow the fact that he's a brilliant player. He's 18, younger than Wilshere, older than McEachran.

I didn't say he wasn't. I rate him much higher than McEachran, and expect Shelvey to become a key player for Liverpool in the future. Perhaps the next Gerrard.

I don't hate everything English. Rolling Eyes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:38 pm

Jord wrote:

He's only a month younger than Wilshere Laughing

I didn't know he was an attacking mid, but he certainly plays like one. I don't think much of the Chelsea lad yet tbh.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:39 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Jord wrote:

I didn't say he wasn't. I rate him much higher than McEachran, and expect Shelvey to become a key player for Liverpool in the future. Perhaps the next Gerrard.

I don't hate everything English. Rolling Eyes
    I know you don't Polska Laughing

What don't you see in McEachran though?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:43 pm

He just seems average. I haven't seen anything special from him at all.

Maybe he'll find his own little niche in the Premier League and be successful there, but that is all.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Nothing can beat the talent of the Spanish.

The vision on this lad for a 16 year old is remarkable.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:51 pm

Who else keeps on reading this thread as "Top Teenage Pregnancies" Top Teenage Prospects (FIFA.com) - Page 4 78475
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:05 pm

Jord wrote:Nothing can beat the talent of the Spanish.

The vision on this lad for a 16 year old is remarkable.
    Gerrard > Any midfielder i've ever seen.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:02 pm

You have never seen a midfielder outside the EPL then? Top Teenage Prospects (FIFA.com) - Page 4 963615
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:09 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:You have never seen a midfielder outside the EPL then? Top Teenage Prospects (FIFA.com) - Page 4 963615
    No midfielder in the world is as complete as Gerrard. Some are better at certain things, but Gerrard has the whole package.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Jord wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:You have never seen a midfielder outside the EPL then? Top Teenage Prospects (FIFA.com) - Page 4 963615
    No midfielder in the world is as complete as Gerrard. Some are better at certain things, but Gerrard has the whole package.

Take a look at Italy at the last decade for a bit.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:29 pm

I would like some examples then.
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:08 pm

I think Gerrard in his prime was certainly one of the best midfielders in Europe.
    JK
    JK

Supports : Arsenal

Post by JK Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:12 pm

Me too. Always enjoyed to see him play. Great position and stuff. I'm not even English. :O

That Suso guy looks promising. Great long passing and vision, although it's not that hard if you just keep your head up and know where to go when you have the ball.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:36 pm

+why u no impress by mceachran?

some people expecting him to dominate game so easy?

he is not even adult he only 17 and getting play time 11 game this season at one of biggest clubs in world

i cannot think of another player his age doing the same and is also not merit as he was mvp in u17 euro championship for england

he is different to wilshere. his touch, ball retention and creativeity is better. wilshere is better long range pass and vision, faster turn of pace, stronger and more tactically aware off the ball.

is funny often english people is overate their own player but here on mcechran they underate him or something? if he was italian or spanish he would being very rated and hyped.

u may not appreciate him now but it will be funny to see english people claiming him as next iniesta or whatever in a year when he becoming a very regular play in chelsea
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:50 pm

If you would give me a prime Gerrard or prime Zidane i'd take Gerrard.

As good a passer, especially long range. Better goal scorer, and much better all round pllayer.. i always see Gerrard even now in his own third making a tackle or in the box making a clearance.

If you put Zidane in some of the line-ups Gerrard has played in he would rely alot on the players around him.. like he could create magic but without the players around him to finish it off it wouldn't matter. Gerrard would just pick up a dead ball 30 yards out when you are a goal down and smash it straight in the net.

Zidane always had a team of world class players around him so you can't completely base his success on him. Gerrard has dragged Liverpool through matches by himself so many times its unbelieveable.

Last edited by The-Reporter on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:52 pm

Fucking hell polska. How much of McEachran have you seen? He's 17 years old for crying out loud. Give him a chance before you start labelling him as 'average'.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:58 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    If you would give me a prime Gerrard or prime Zidane i'd take Gerrard.

As good a passer, especially long range. Better goal scorer, and much better all round pllayer.. i always see Gerrard even now in his own third making a tackle or in the box making a clearance.

If you put Zidane in some of the line-ups Gerrard has played in he would rely alot on the players around him.. like he could create magic but without the players around him to finish it off it wouldn't matter. Gerrard would just pick up a dead ball 30 yards out when you are a goal down and smash it straight in the net.

Zidane always had a team of world class players around him so you can't completely base his success on him. Gerrard has dragged Liverpool through matches by himself so many times its unbelieveable.

now that is ridiculous

zidane won a world cup with very mediocre team in 1998 against possibly the greatest team the in history up until that point

he also carry a very mediocre french side to world cup final

i think to say he has good player around him is make him look better is very stupid thing to say

of course he is surrounded by talents. this is because he was beast and one of the great player of all time

zidane can do anything gerrard ever did. shoot from 40 yard? already did it. volley from 30 yard? already did it. 50 yard pass all over pitch? already did it. on top of obvious thing like creativity, touch, skill, balance. zidane is literaly 3 or 4 times better then gerrard ever was.

making taclke in own half or whatever, that is not an ability, that is preference. gerrard is box to box player, zidane was advanced attackin gmidfielder. of course he wont being make tackles like gerrard because that is not his job
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:00 am

shelvey is ingteresting player

im not seen him many time infact only twice in europa league

im no sure he has touch of wilshere or mceachran but he is quicker then both, stronger and good pass

is he striker or midfielder?
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:02 am

McEachran is a good talent for sure.

Jonjo Shelvey hasn't really proven himself. He was impressive for Charlton because of his age but it doesn't look like he's made massive progress since being at Liverpool. Again he's only young but he's not done much when he's played in the UEFA cup
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:02 am

Luxz0rz wrote:McEachran is a good talent for sure.

Jonjo Shelvey hasn't really proven himself. He was impressive for Charlton because of his age but it doesn't look like he's made massive progress since being at Liverpool. Again he's only young but he's not done much when he's played in the UEFA cup

what style player is shelvey exactly
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:04 am

mauro wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:McEachran is a good talent for sure.

what style player is shelvey exactly
    In games i've watched he likes to pick the ball up around the middle and drive forward with it, even going out to the flanks.

Attacking mid aparently.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:07 am

by the way im no want to start big fights!!!!!!!!!

i just wanted to saying that zidane is just another level higher then gerrard

in overall scope of all thing

gerrard is good player in his generation. same level with guy like deco,lampard,sneijder etc

but zidane is not only one of if not the top of his generation, but equal with others generation like laudrup, platini, ronaldinho etc

Last edited by mauro on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:08 am

^ Pretty much that

Shelvey should definitely be in the Championship on loan.

dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:12 am

Prime Gerrard over Prime Zidane? As much as I like Gerrard that's just ridiculous. facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:14 am

I don't think it's quite as ridiculous as you think. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:16 am

Zidane was better, Gerrard was more complete.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:28 am