Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Childish Logic
masutora
Sean
Mal
Cornholio
The Stig
dena
Jamie
Lux
13 posters

Barcelona & Qatar Foundation agree £125m shirt deal

The Stig
    The Stig

Barcelona & Qatar Foundation agree £125m shirt deal - Page 2 Empty Re: Barcelona & Qatar Foundation agree £125m shirt deal

Post by The Stig Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:57 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    The Stig wrote:So you think it's OK they let a charity pay them for sponsorship instead of the other way around like they did with UNICEF?

I'm sorry. I missed the news article about Sandro Rosell putting a gun to the head of the Qatari Foundation and telling them to pay them money. Rolling Eyes

Barca payed UNICEF to put them on their jersey and they are still going to keep them on the jersey. Qatari Foundation came along and offered a deal that Barca couldn't turn down. What would you do if you were in their shoes? Remember that Barca in a lot of debt and with new UEFA financial restrictions around the corner, Barca have no other choice but to accept the deal or face the prospect of not taking part in European competitions.

Why should it matter if the Qatari foundation is a non-profit organization or not? They are trying to advertise their foundation and there is no better place than to place it on the Barca jersey.

People wouldn't be making such a fuss if it wasn't Barca or a Qatari foundation. Seems like people are jealous of both these days.

I would say no and take them on for free if I wanted them on my shirt, as I would realize that's 125 million that could have been spent on education for underprivileged children in the Middle East. Neutral It is sad that even Barcelona now have paying shirt sponsors.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Barcelona & Qatar Foundation agree £125m shirt deal - Page 2 Empty Re: Barcelona & Qatar Foundation agree £125m shirt deal

Post by SBSP Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:55 pm

The Stig wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    The Stig wrote:So you think it's OK they let a charity pay them for sponsorship instead of the other way around like they did with UNICEF?

I'm sorry. I missed the news article about Sandro Rosell putting a gun to the head of the Qatari Foundation and telling them to pay them money. Rolling Eyes

Barca payed UNICEF to put them on their jersey and they are still going to keep them on the jersey. Qatari Foundation came along and offered a deal that Barca couldn't turn down. What would you do if you were in their shoes? Remember that Barca in a lot of debt and with new UEFA financial restrictions around the corner, Barca have no other choice but to accept the deal or face the prospect of not taking part in European competitions.

Why should it matter if the Qatari foundation is a non-profit organization or not? They are trying to advertise their foundation and there is no better place than to place it on the Barca jersey.

People wouldn't be making such a fuss if it wasn't Barca or a Qatari foundation. Seems like people are jealous of both these days.

I would say no and take them on for free if I wanted them on my shirt, as I would realize that's 125 million that could have been spent on education for underprivileged children in the Middle East. Neutral It is sad that even Barcelona now have paying shirt sponsors.
    Yeah, you're definitely going to do that. facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:05 pm

The Stig wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

For some reason, I highly doubt you would actually do that. And I'm glad you aren't in charge of Barca where you would put the interest of underprivileged Middle Eastern children above the fans of your club.
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:10 pm

SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    The Stig wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Yeah, you're definitely going to do that. facepalm

Yes, most clubs would take the money, but Barcelona just seemed to stand for more.

Not saying that they were wrong for doing it...
    But them taking the $ just goes against the image that they have been producing. ie. donating to charities, UNICEF...etc.

"Barcelona are more than just a club. They are a business".
    -the guardian
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post by The Stig Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:11 pm

At least if your going to get paid sponsorship dont make a charity pay Neutral
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:11 pm

Didn't they offer though? Neutral
    The Stig
    The Stig

Post by The Stig Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:13 pm

Barca should have said they wont accept the money Barcelona & Qatar Foundation agree £125m shirt deal - Page 2 28973
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:13 pm

SBSP_FIFA wrote:Didn't they offer though? Neutral

Didn't mean that they had to accept.

Guess they had to though, with their debt.

Moves like buying Chygrynskiy for 25M and then selling him for 15M the next year aren't smart financial moves after all.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:47 pm

Its there fault for getting into debt.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:56 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    NZG wrote: i should of phrased it as the idea behind UNICEF being on the logo as an identifier. "The club which doesn't need a proper sponsor" It isn't about UNICEF directly, It is about the whole Barcelona having a paying sponsor on the shirt. As i said before, Barcelona taking the deal is basically like them ripping part of their history out. This to me also shows how football is all about the money nowadays.

Well times change. If football is about money these days, then so be it. You can't expect some clubs to somehow not follow that way because of their tradition or history. If Barca were to stick by their history and refuse sponsors, they will be in deep financial mess down the road.

Like I said, I'm sure the Barca fans would rather see their club financially stable and taking part in UEFA competitions than seeing their club fall behind because of some "tradition".

Tradition is everything and i rather see my club hold it's beliefs and be mediocre rather than it sell out. Yet that is my view and you may just want glory for your club at any cost and that mentality will destroy the club and the whole league sooner or later.

Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:08 pm

Barca bumboys backing Barca as always
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:21 am

Barcelona & Qatar Foundation agree £125m shirt deal - Page 2 Foto_456130_CAS
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:57 am

The second one looks the best. Then option 1.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:24 pm

NZG wrote: i should of phrased it as the idea behind UNICEF being on the logo as an identifier. "The club which doesn't need a proper sponsor" It isn't about UNICEF directly, It is about the whole Barcelona having a paying sponsor on the shirt. As i said before, Barcelona taking the deal is basically like them ripping part of their history out. This to me also shows how football is all about the money nowadays.

Unfortunately dude, money makes the world go round....it was just a matter of time before it was gonna get into football.

Just look at Liverpool wanting to build a new stadium and possibly move away from Anfield; all in the name of money..

I don't like it but whaddya gonna do...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:29 am