Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Sam
Barton
dena
GK01
Danny
Mal
El Jefe
blackskar
Cadbury
Jamie
Mustangt125
Ben
mac
Cornholio
Jord
LeBron
Dean
Kuled
Sean
23 posters

Spurs V Liverpool

Dean
    Dean

Spurs V Liverpool - Page 9 Empty Re: Spurs V Liverpool

Post by Dean Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:12 am

Jord wrote:
    The Afternoon's Hat wrote:
    The Afternoon's Hat wrote:Fuck me, I literally shouted the house down when Maxi and Torres missed them chances, who's happy? Cause I'm fuckin certainly not, should be 2-0, we had 2 fucking clear chances to make it 2-0. Not good enough, set in stone now, am fucking convinced we'll go on and lose this game.

I'll tell you something, its going 2 ways. We'll either pick up where we left off and go and beat spurs 2,3-0 ( them having an off day to ) OR they'll come out all guns blazing in the second, turn the game around win 2-1 and we'll all be sitting here in an hours time talking about Maxi and Torres's chances in the first half!

At this level, you simply cannot miss chances like that, I can't emphasise it enough. You all may think oh calm down your being abit too picky, but I'm really not, the margin of error at this level is so fine.

Thats the difference between winning and losing, its that marginal, fucking knew it. Also thats the differece between a good winger in maxi and a very good winger in Lennon. End of the day, you take your chances you win football matches, its really that simple, as soon as Maxi missed and Torres missed, it was all too inevitable for my liking.

Thats all ive got to say on the game.
    No Dean. There's more.. Give it thought, make me feel better mate Crying or Very sad

Wish I could mate but I can't.

Only positives is, it was a fantastic game and we actually had a go today and didn't stick 11 men behind the ball like we usually do, it was in some respects and '' Unusual '' approach by Hodgson, maybe a shift in tactics from him, maybe just a one off. Who knows. But am fucking furious with the chances we missed, that game could of been wrapped up by half time today. We'd of went above Spurs and been just 9 points off Man Utd and only 7 shy of Chelsea and a measly 4 off City, with a good fixture list ahead for xmas. We don't play any top 5 teams now till february. I'm distgusted.

I'm off to play with afew knifes for abit.
    mil1lion
    mil1lion

Supports : The funny kind

Spurs V Liverpool - Page 9 Empty Re: Spurs V Liverpool

Post by mil1lion Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:14 pm

Great result for Spurs, even though we were far from our best. Liverpool were very good in the first half and should've been 2 or 3 up by half time. Although Defoe was unlucky to have his effort blocked off the line. 2nd half we played much better, Bale had his shot blocked off the line and Defoe missed another penalty. Modric did great for the own goal, and Lennon showed great composure to make it 2-1. Great game of football, nice and open and chances either. We took our chances, Liverpool didn't. Simple as that.

Hopefully Kaboul and VDV wont be out too long. Just as Dawson is nearing return and Defoe is back, we lose Kaboul and VDV. At least we have a strong enough squad for it though.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:23 am