Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Glen Miller
Keyser Söze
SBSP
Grenade
Theo Filippo
The Zlatan
10 posters

2015/16 UEFA Champions League

Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

2015/16 UEFA Champions League - Page 2 Empty Re: 2015/16 UEFA Champions League

Post by Keyser Söze Sun May 29, 2016 10:56 am

That sounds about right, although IIRC think it was at the mid-point of the season so his argument was about how "well" Mourinho done the previous season and how well he looked like doing that season.

From what I can tell Atletico have that in them, but it's usually against inferior sides. They've racked up some pretty big score lines under Simeone against those types of teams. But like you said what I found impressive was how they managed to revert to that style after their initial game-plan went out the window after 13 minutes. The pundits in BT Sport were talking a lot of rubbish about how they were poor in the 1st half but I thought when you look at it in context of the entire game then they did excellently to ride out the half, stay solid and regroup for the rest of the game. It's not like a time that regimented can just switch it up mid-half, it's nonsensical to expect them to.

I blame Zidane more than anyone else for a lack of spark in the final third (expect Ronaldo, he was awful of his own accord). He tried to play like Atletico but just ended up for the most part being negatively disjointed.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Post by Stranger Sun May 29, 2016 2:47 pm

A victory for football.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun May 29, 2016 10:20 pm

That's not true, I said Simeone deserves it but that Mourinho deserved to be in the shortlist and would be in second place as far as I'm concerned.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun May 29, 2016 11:08 pm

You're so far up that man's arse. Do you not remember his last season in football at all?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon May 30, 2016 12:36 am

In 2014 that season hadn't happened yet.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon May 30, 2016 12:51 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:That's not true, I said Simeone deserves it but that Mourinho deserved to be in the shortlist and would be in second place as far as I'm concerned.

Fair enough. But I'd still say Mourinho was someway off being as good as Simeone and shouldn't have even been shortlisted.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:52 pm