Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
FCB
The Zlatan
Jordan Henderchip
vel
Keyser Söze
Theo Filippo
Scott_LFC
11 posters

Arsenal beat Liverpool | 21st December

The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Arsenal beat Liverpool | 21st December - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal beat Liverpool | 21st December

Post by The Zlatan Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:12 am

I want to see a gif of Brendan '88' Rodgers' celebration of Coutinho's goal.

I also want to see a gif of Giroud's shuck and jive celebration.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Arsenal beat Liverpool | 21st December - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal beat Liverpool | 21st December

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:15 am

Bar the last minute goal which totally detracts from everything, I thought we totally controlled Liverpool. It's a shame that we couldn't do that without it stifling our attacking abilities otherwise we'd have gotten 3 or 4 today easily. Can't believe how dreadful Liverpool were, I thought last week at United was bad but they were even worse today. Damning indictment of us that we can't even beat this lot.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:18 am

Maybe if they had Özil available they would have created more chances.  He's excellent against mid table shit.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:18 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Bar the last minute goal which totally detracts from everything, I thought we totally controlled Liverpool. It's a shame that we couldn't do that without it stifling our attacking abilities otherwise we'd have gotten 3 or 4 today easily. Can't believe how dreadful Liverpool were, I thought last week at United was bad but they were even worse today. Damning indictment of us that we can't even beat this lot.  

Controlled them how?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:22 am

FCB wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Bar the last minute goal which totally detracts from everything, I thought we totally controlled Liverpool. It's a shame that we couldn't do that without it stifling our attacking abilities otherwise we'd have gotten 3 or 4 today easily. Can't believe how dreadful Liverpool were, I thought last week at United was bad but they were even worse today. Damning indictment of us that we can't even beat this lot.  

Controlled them how?

They created nothing of note at all despite us allowing them free reign of the ball. Both goals they scored were due to shocking defending from us. Every time we attacked (which wasn't as frequent as it should have been) we looked like scoring.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:22 am

That wasn't us controlling them, that was them having no goal threat. Honestly, I don't want to see us play like this ever again, even if it means we win. It's bad enough when we drop points while playing with a modicum of creativity and guile but to drop points while playing like we did today might actually be the end of me.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:23 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    FCB wrote:

Controlled them how?

They created nothing of note at all despite us allowing them free reign of the ball. Both goals they scored were due to shocking defending from us. Every time we attacked (which wasn't as frequent as it should have been) we looked like scoring.

Still don't see how that's controlling them.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:24 am

Arsenal beat Liverpool | 21st December - Page 2 B5ZOp41CcAAKZP5

He was like that for a good 2 or 3 seconds before he realised what he was doing.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:26 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    FCB wrote:

Controlled them how?

27 shots, lmfao. What are you on?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:26 am

FCB wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

Allowing a team up to 90% of the ball yet restricting them to no chance is the definition of controlling.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:27 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

27 shots, lmfao. What are you on?
    Yeah like that Gerrard pee roller. That's such an excellent chance!
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:27 am

Giroud wins.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:29 am

Just because Liverpool were shit doesn't mean you controlled them. Laughing The first half was an utter travesty until you lucked out on a set piece. If you had controlled it, there's no way you wouldn't have won.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:30 am

The Zlatan wrote:

Giroud wins.
    Wenger was a fool taking him and Alexis off.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:33 am

SBSP wrote:Just because Liverpool were shit doesn't mean you controlled them. Laughing The first half was an utter travesty until you lucked out on a set piece. If you had controlled it, there's no way you wouldn't have won.

We made Liverpool look shit, that's what controlling a team does scratch We didn't luck out with the set piece, we clearly knew we could score at any moment and that's the mindset that you need when you set out to relinquish possession of the ball for as long as we did.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:34 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    FCB wrote:

Allowing a team up to 90% of the ball yet restricting them to no chance is the definition of controlling.

Restricting them to no chances? Laughing They had 27 shots and 10 on target.

All this means is that Liverpool are shit at converting their chances. But Arsenal have by no means controlled the game or restricted Liverpool from creating chances.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:37 am

SBSP wrote:Wenger was a fool taking him and Alexis off.

Sanchez I'm indifferent about, but taking Giroud off was a terrible decision, he was our best attacking outlet and he may have made a difference defending corners in the last few minutes as well.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:38 am

This game was the football equivalent of a bum fight.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:40 am

LOL at taking those shots stats seriously. Slippy took like 7 what-a-hit-son shots in the game, only 1 of them was actually threatening and that was in the 91st minute or so. it was a well-contested game between both teams who relied more on individuals rather than play
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:40 am

FCB wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

All this means is that Liverpool are shit at converting their chances. But Arsenal have by no means controlled the game or restricted Liverpool from creating chances.

Off the top of my head 3 of those 10 shots on trager were pathetic shots from Gerrard and Coutinho. I don't think our defensive unit minded that much Laughing

This wasn't like against United last week, they didn't get in behind, they didn't have one on ones, they weren't undone by wonder saves (although Szczesny did make two saves that were on par with some of the ones Neville creamed over last week with DDG yet nothing was said about them). We let them have the ball in pointless areas, allowed them to recycle possession, allowed them to build up confidence and then snatch it away from them and allowed ourselves to keep our shape. This shit is what you call control.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:44 am

Control rofl
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:46 am

vel wrote:LOL at taking those shots stats seriously. Slippy took like 7 what-a-hit-son shots in the game, only 1 of them was actually threatening and that was in the 91st minute or so. it was a well-contested game between both teams who relied more on individuals rather than play
    Yeah exactly, but taking lots of pot-shots is Scott's definition of chances. Laughing
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:47 am

You had 80% of the ball in the 1st half yet it ended 1-1 with us scoring with our 1st shot on target rofl Don't think you'll see a better example of control than that. We lost that because Mertesacker has become awful and once again because of zonal marking/no men on the posts.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:58 am

i don't think either team were in control. Liverpool dominated the ball in the first half but they never had a reference point in the final third to actually build plays from, instead it was mostly Sterling drifting to disrupt the defence and then Coutinho getting in those spaces right in front of the defence. there was little attacking intent and Liverpool only created a couple of chances from defender mistakes (Markovic's chance on the left wing, Coutinho's goal). Arsenal's only chance (and goal) in the first half was from defensive mistakes. the second half was crappy, Liverpool played better when they put strikers on .

like i said earlier, it was a well-contested game imo. end-to-end, exciting stuff but it was poor calcio overall. Giroud should never have been subbed off imo. Coutinho best player easily
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:58 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    FCB wrote:

Off the top of my head 3 of those 10 shots on trager were pathetic shots from Gerrard and Coutinho. I don't think our defensive unit minded that much Laughing

This wasn't like against United last week, they didn't get in behind, they didn't have one on ones, they weren't undone by wonder saves (although Szczesny did make two saves that were on par with some of the ones Neville creamed over last week with DDG yet nothing was said about them). We let them have the ball in pointless areas, allowed them to recycle possession, allowed them to build up confidence and then snatch it away from them and allowed ourselves to keep our shape. This shit is what you call control.  

That was incompetence on the half of Liverpool. They didn't have many clear cut chances, but I wouldn't call that Arsenal control.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:11 am

Markovic's shot at the near post which was well saved, Markovic's curler that went over the bar, Coutinho's goal, Borini's header, Skrtel's goal, Gerrard's header after Sterling rounded the keeper, a couple of other decent saves from your GK that I can't remember who took the shots. That's quite a few good chances, we definitely weren't restricted chances by Arsenal. It was more down to our poor finishing that we didn't score several. 27 shots is the most shots you've conceded since 2003 or something (saw on Opta). Fucking control Laughing
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:14 am

Bitter Brendan wrote:I don't think it was a free-kick in the build-up to their second. Alexis Sanchez dived for me and the referee bought it

rofl
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:16 am

Love how no one's talking about Sterling's blatant cheating to handle the ball past Szczesny.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:23 am

SBSP wrote:Love how no one's talking about Sterling's blatant cheating to handle the ball past Szczesny.
    Jamaican instinct
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:24 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Markovic's shot at the near post which was well saved
    Impossible angle. No way anyone scores from that, defenders will be happy if that's the type of "chances" you create.

Scott_LFC wrote:Markovic's curler that went over the bar
    Miles off target, excellent pressure from the defence to make him take it quickly despite having space.

Scott_LFC wrote:Coutinho's goal
    I said bar the goals which were shit defending by us

Scott_LFC wrote:Borini's header
    Straight at the GK, our defence knows a player like Borino isn't going to trouble us with headers so they're happy to let the GK deal with simple ones like that/

Scott_LFC wrote:Skrtel's goal
    Same as before.

Scott_LFC wrote:Gerrard's header after Sterling rounded the keeper
    The one where Sterling flick it with his hand?  rofl You need to cheat to create a "chance" like that?  rofl
    Scott_LFC wrote:a couple of other decent saves from your GK that I can't remember who took the shots. That's quite a few good chances
    "Blah blah blah can't come up with anything so I'm going to be obtuse"

Scott_LFC wrote:we definitely weren't restricted chances by Arsenal. It was more down to our poor finishing that we didn't score several. 27 shots is the most shots you've conceded since 2003 or something (saw on Opta). Fucking control Laughing
    Are those all the "chances"? None of those are of note at all Laughing We attacked like 3 times and created infinitely better chances. You keep talking about these 27 shots but all of them were pathetic, we were perfectly happy to let YNWA Gerrard to take pot shots from 30 yards, that is the definition of restricting you   Laughing

Last edited by Keyser Söze on Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:25 am