Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Moose
jeb4eva
Jordi
Childish Logic
The Stig
El_indian
dena
Scuba Steve
The Zlatan
Theo Filippo
FCB
Sean
Eriksen
Zzonked
vel
Ra's al Ghul
Dagbon
Eternal Witcher
Grenade
Glen Miller
Novi
Free_Mustache_Rides
ResurrectionRooney
Scott_LFC
28 posters

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15

Weather130
    Weather130

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15  - Page 32 Empty Re: Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15

Post by Weather130 Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:33 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:
    Rumours that the Los Angeles Galaxy have him lined up as their next young, big-money signing.

Moyes gone, Glazer dead, Gerrard fucking off for good, the last year has been brilliant.  Is there any news on Kenneth Dalglish'

Weather130 wrote:
    Well that is a good thing, I thought it might have been a stupid fair play tiebreaker like the team with the least yellow cards.  Personally I like the countries that have a playoff when the season ends with two teams on equal points, few countries do this.

I wasn't aware any countries did this, I remember someone - Ricardo Carvalho maybe - saying it was a good idea in 2008 when it looked like the title would come down to it, although that had a degree of self interest.  I like the idea, I'd implement it for everything, the title, relegation, CL qualification, even the Europa League.  It'd be a great way to end the season.
    The obscure countries like Armenia, Kazakhstan, and Malta have single game playoffs when team are equal points.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15  - Page 32 Empty Re: Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15

Post by Glen Miller Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:31 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    Rumours that the Los Angeles Galaxy have him lined up as their next young, big-money signing.

Moyes gone, Glazer dead, Gerrard fucking off for good, the last year has been brilliant.  Is there any news on Kenneth Dalglish's health?
    Kenneth looked as miserable yesterday as he ever has done, he is in rude health.  I certainly won't wish any sickness or death upon King Kenneth, though.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:46 am

Weather130 wrote:

Moyes gone, Glazer dead, Gerrard fucking off for good, the last year has been brilliant.  Is there any news on Kenneth Dalglish'

I wasn't aware any countries did this, I remember someone - Ricardo Carvalho maybe - saying it was a good idea in 2008 when it looked like the title would come down to it, although that had a degree of self interest.  I like the idea, I'd implement it for everything, the title, relegation, CL qualification, even the Europa League.  It'd be a great way to end the season.
    The obscure countries like Armenia, Kazakhstan, and Malta have single game playoffs when team are equal points.

Egypt too.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:24 pm

Glen Miller wrote:

Moyes gone, Glazer dead, Gerrard fucking off for good, the last year has been brilliant.  Is there any news on Kenneth Dalglish's health?
    Kenneth looked as miserable yesterday as he ever has done, he is in rude health.  I certainly won't wish any sickness or death upon King Kenneth, though.
    I should hope not, alrhough I'm have heard some terrible rumours that he is dying.

pray

FCB wrote:
    Weather130 wrote:

Egypt too.

He mentioned obscure countries.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:32 pm

Perhaps as an Egyptian I should take offense to that, but thinking that Egypt is obscure only reflects negatively on you.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:38 pm

Glen Miller wrote:
    I should hope not, alrhough I'm have heard some terrible rumours that he is dying.

pray

FCB wrote:

Egypt too.

He mentioned obscure countries.

It doesn't hurt to provide another example.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:35 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:Perhaps as an Egyptian I should take offense to that, but thinking that Egypt is obscure only reflects negatively on you.

Egypt is very obscure in a footballing sense. As far as history, fundamentalist loons, tin pot military coups, sham democracy and sheer hypocrisy you're among the world's most preeminent though.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:02 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Is anyone still making those really witty and incisive comparisons between the the great Louis Van Gaal and his dimwit predecessor?
    37 points from 21 matches for both. Smile
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:20 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Is anyone still making those really witty and incisive comparisons between the the great Louis Van Gaal and his dimwit predecessor?
    And they aren't playing any better either despite spending a hilariously large amount Laughing
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:22 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:
    And they aren't playing any better either despite spending a hilariously large amount Laughing    
    They scored more under Moyes as well. rofl They'll obviously get top 4, but it just shows how fortunate van Gaal is to be managing right after Suarez left & while Arsenal is weak.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:30 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:
    They scored more under Moyes as well. rofl They'll obviously get top 4, but it just shows how fortunate van Gaal is to be managing right after Suarez left & while Arsenal is weak.
    rofl And as you said on EA, Moyes had CL to contend with last season. Not to mention the severe lack of respect the squad showed him.

van Gaal has been lucky with Everton as well, from serious top 4 challengers to relegation strugglers.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:23 am

£150m spent and van Gaal takes Di Maria off at 0-1 for Fellaini. Whilst Tyler Blackett lumps the ball towards him at every opportunity.

Tactical genius.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:27 am

On the highest wage expenditure in the league as well, to bring up the correlative study from Soccernomics RR loves.  Van Gaal has underwhelmed.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:32 am

Arsenal at the weekend, think last years home game was the most exciting of the season. It had a bit of a cup final type atmosphere, probably because Arsenal were top at the time.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:56 am

Glen Miller wrote:On the highest wage expenditure in the league as well, to bring up the correlative study from Soccernomics RR loves.  Van Gaal has underwhelmed.
    There are a lot of mitigating factors to that that were out of Van Gaal's control though.

Darren Fletcher - Alexander Ferguson gave this man a four year contract to play football despite the fact he was physically incapable of doing so

Anderson - This useless cunt was handed contract after contract and used the money to buy cars to crash into trees, buy alcohol and buy burgers

"Nani' - Given a five year contract and pay rise by David "The Chosen One" Moyes.  Now back with Sporting while we pay 100% of his salary

Marouane Fellaini - Another abominable Moyes relic

Radamel Falcao - Part Woodward vanity signing, part "Bebe" style Jorge Mendez appeasement, earning £300k despite being a physical wreck

Smalling, Jones, Evans - Pulling in a serious wedge thanks to Ferguson's poor judgement as his faculties left him.  He actually said that Jones would be our greatest ever player.

RVP - Helps to cure my heterosexuality but he is earning c. £300k when he's not worth it because Ferguson wanted to go out on a high and the only way he could do not was sign a 30 year old.

LVG is trying to undo the damage of years of incompetence, senility and selfishness.  Judging him purely by the wage bill is harsh as fuck.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:27 am

The 1st three are fair enough but the rest are being used regularly by van Gaal.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:41 am

Keyser Söze wrote:The 1st three are fair enough but the rest are being used regularly by van Gaal.

Sure, but the only one he's even partly responsible for how much he's on is Radamel Falcao. The fact that they're hugely overpaid makes his performance look worse relative to the wage structure, but what's he supposed to do? Not use them at all?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:47 am

I wonder why there is no update to the LVG v Moyes points comparisons after the latest result
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:03 am

Was it neck and neck up to this point or something?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:21 am

Surprised it pissed you off that much, RR.

The 22 PL game Moyes played was away at Chelsea.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:26 am

Another Moyeseh signing rescuing LVG Rolling Eyes
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:10 am

rofl  Yeah, we could be asking why you haven't been updating the Rodgers vs Hodgson points tally recently.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:25 am

Kompany is an idiot.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:28 am

I always thought that someone like Sanchez might humiliate him today, I never expected it to be Monreal.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:48 am

Can't remember the last time Arsenal were this composed away from home against a top team.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:47 am

Well I heard that they haven't won their last 17 games against the top teams.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:59 am

Santi Cazorla, WOW OMG
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:00 am

Kompany was a fucking joke today rofl Actually worked in our favour that he played.

If we'd have played like this last season then we'd have won the league easily.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:02 am

If this had been Manchester United everyone would be creaming over the tactical genius van Gaal and how United are "back" and that if City or Chelsea slip up then United will pounce.

I'm glad Arsenal are less deluded.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:10 am

That was... Interesting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:50 am