Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Moose
jeb4eva
Jordi
Childish Logic
The Stig
El_indian
dena
Scuba Steve
The Zlatan
Theo Filippo
FCB
Sean
Eriksen
Zzonked
vel
Ra's al Ghul
Dagbon
Eternal Witcher
Grenade
Glen Miller
Novi
Free_Mustache_Rides
ResurrectionRooney
Scott_LFC
28 posters

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15

SBSP
    SBSP

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15  - Page 26 Empty Re: Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15

Post by SBSP Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:51 am

Michael Oliver is having a shocker with these penalty decisions.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15  - Page 26 Empty Re: Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:09 am

The weekly Kompany nutmeg always manages to put a smile on my face. Smile Top defender.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:27 am

UTD lucky to get away with a modest 0-1 loss there.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:28 am

City were pretty unconvincing tbh.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:09 am

Grenade wrote:UTD lucky to get away with a modest 0-1 loss there.
    Really? City were awful, didn't trouble them too much considering they had a man advantage for about 60mins. And United could easily have gotten a draw with the amount of sitters they missed at the end.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:21 am

One of the worst refereeing performances I can remember seeing.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:22 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Grenade wrote:UTD lucky to get away with a modest 0-1 loss there.
    Really? City were awful, didn't trouble them too much considering they had a man advantage for about 60mins. And United could easily have gotten a draw with the amount of sitters they missed at the end.
    With a fair referee we probably would have shipped at least 5.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:33 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:
    Why? He denied City one clear penalty, maybe two but I think Rojo got the ball. That's all, isn't it?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:07 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Why? He denied City one clear penalty, maybe two but I think Rojo got the ball. That's all, isn't it?
    Three by my count and we should have been down to 9 by half time.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:40 am

Thoughts/excuses RR/anyone?

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15  - Page 26 Aw2oz3S
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:06 am

Zzonked wrote:Thoughts/excuses RR/anyone?

rofl Wow.

Easier fixtures, too.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:30 am

Zzonked wrote:Thoughts/excuses RR/anyone?

I've seen this comparison a lot but I don't really know what to make of it - what's the implication, that he is worse than Moyes? It's absurd, it's a very small sample size, Van Gaal has a fantastic career we can look at to analyse him, as does DFM. It's a poor start but there's no question for me that Van Gaal is the right man.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:37 am

Valencia Carrick McNair Shaw

How can van Gaal be blamed for that abortion ending up as their backline?
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:41 am

SBSP wrote:Valencia Carrick McNair Shaw

Their first choice back four is only marginally better.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:48 am

I'm not saying he should be blamed for the defense, I wasn't saying the excuses were invalid ones either. He did have a vast transfer budget though so I don't think he is free from blame of the lack of squad depth.

Point of the image is that Moyes wasn't given a fair chance. He was slaughtered from day one for every mistake he made. Maybe van Gaal is the right man and he'll turn it around, but he's been given a lot better chance to try than Moyes ever did. Will van Gaal be sacked if he finishes in a similar position to last year?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:49 am

SBSP wrote:Valencia Carrick McNair Shaw

How can he not be? He should have signed defenders who aren't shit instead of blowing all his money on forwards when we already had Rooney Mata and Van Persie. He was happy to go into the season relying on mongoloids like Smalling, injury and suspension prone players such as Rafael and Jones, ultra overpriced defenders, he let Evra leave and he brought in a new training regime and coaches that seem almost as bad as their predecessors'.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:55 am

Zzonked wrote:I'm not saying he should be blamed for the defense, I wasn't saying the excuses were invalid ones either. He did have a vast transfer budget though so I don't think he is free from blame of the lack of squad depth.

Point of the image is that Moyes wasn't given a fair chance. He was slaughtered from day one for every mistake he made. Maybe van Gaal is the right man and he'll turn it around, but he's been given a lot better chance to try than Moyes ever did. Will van Gaal be sacked if he finishes in a similar position to last year?

You can get fucked with this shite.  Moyes was never slaughtered, with two great men as exceptions the British media could not stop riding his dick.  If you want to know what a manager getting slaughtered looks like go back to the media archives in the months leading up to Andre Villas Boas being sacked when he was doing better than United despite having had his best player sold.  Moyes had built up networks in the British game, took journalists out to dinner etc. and got an extremely easy ride as a result, a much easier ride than what Van Gaal is currently getting.  There is no other man in the world, no other club in the world, where someone could fail as badly as that cunt and get so much support from the media, if he took over Juventus and had such a devastating impact they would have his head on a stick.

Moyes was given more of a chance than he ever deserved, Van Gaal should be afforded a lot more patience than Moyes should have been because his record says he is likely to turn it around.  Moyes' record proved he would fail before he was appointed, the major questions are why he was ever appointed and why he wasn't sacked sooner.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:15 am

I think the poor run of results is down to low confidence. Moyes took over a title winning team, he had momentum going into a new season. the opposite is true for LVG. I'm sure when they start winning some games it'll snowball. If they perform to this level all season, then its inexcusable.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:12 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:The weekly Kompany nutmeg always manages to put a smile on my face. Smile Top defender.
    Laughing Agreed.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:55 pm

Surprised that Can's been allowed to shoot freely twice in the opening ten minutes.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:06 am

That little flick by Coutinho over Fabregas' head is the best thing that's happened this season.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:24 am

Costa to get sent off.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:33 am

Emre Can? More like Emre Can't, amirite?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:34 am

Why was Sterling booked when it was Ramires that sucker punched him?

SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:45 am

Because he's black.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:58 am

SBSP wrote:Because he's black.

Black on black violence is so typical.

A Gerrard/Balotelli last minute winner would be great.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:01 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    SBSP wrote:Because he's black.

Black on black violence is so typical.

A Gerrard/Balotelli last minute winner would be great.

I'd take Balotelli.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:29 am

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15  - Page 26 KEwNscl

This hypocrite. Rolling Eyes I guess it's only okay to incessantly point out a player's bad form if it's Özil.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:41 am

I just needed an excuse to mock FifaKid to be honest.

I also hate Balotelli.  He might be okay playing with Sturridge in the long term, but that's not really good enough when Sturridge misses 10 matches a season.  None of our current 3 can effectively lead the line alone.

Can has also been a pleasant surprise, the Bundesliga fans were adamant that he was a big lump (which he is), but he actually has good technique and his pressing is handy when Gerrard is on the field.

Last edited by Glen Miller on Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:46 am

Balotelli is so shit. I'd say he's like Giroud for us but at least Giroud gets involved and is hampered by his inability, Balotelli does literally nothing of use at all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:29 am