Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Moose
jeb4eva
Jordi
Childish Logic
The Stig
El_indian
dena
Scuba Steve
The Zlatan
Theo Filippo
FCB
Sean
Eriksen
Zzonked
vel
Ra's al Ghul
Dagbon
Eternal Witcher
Grenade
Glen Miller
Novi
Free_Mustache_Rides
ResurrectionRooney
Scott_LFC
28 posters

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15

Scott_LFC

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15  - Page 10 Empty Re: Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:08 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. It's his debut, against the Champions in their own back yard. Putting that into consideration, he's had an excellent half. Johnson, on the other hand, has been abysmal going forward. Loses it with his shit passing. Manquillo should replace him asap.
    rofl Johnson was fine tonight.  Moreno got caught out a few times and the one time he used his pace effectively, he ignored the simple pass across the goal to the hungry Studge and cut it back into bodies.   He might be fine in the long run, but at least be consistent.

Johnson was crap, as always and I'm glad he's injured, the cunt. That straight run right into Clichy was fucking comical. It's something he does every week.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15  - Page 10 Empty Re: Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15

Post by SBSP Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:24 am

That run by Johnson. rofl
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:49 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Moreno was absolutely shit rofl  Scott building him up for weeks and he turns out to cost Liverpool in the biggest game they'll play all season.

And Marković was totally invisible, might as well have not come on Laughing
    I thought Markovic did quite well when he came on and actually played a lot like Sterling. I don't get why people are saying Moreno was good in the first half, he was shit throughout, he was getting beaten too easily by Nasri and Zabaleta early on and just generally looked like a fish out of water. Coutinho was horrendous too.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:51 am

Moreno seems a bit like Alba. He's going to be relying a lot on his pace to get himself out of trouble.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:01 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:
    rofl Johnson was fine tonight.  Moreno got caught out a few times and the one time he used his pace effectively, he ignored the simple pass across the goal to the hungry Studge and cut it back into bodies.   He might be fine in the long run, but at least be consistent.

Johnson was crap, as always and I'm glad he's injured, the cunt. That straight run right into Clichy was fucking comical. It's something he does every week.
    Yeah totally, he's in bad form so great he's injured. Deserves it too, how dare he not be good anymore!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:41 pm

SBSP wrote:That run by Johnson. rofl
    That moment when your force field fails to turn on.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:42 pm

Dagbon wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

Yeah totally, he's in bad form so great he's injured. Deserves it too, how dare he not be good anymore!

He's stealing a living. He's getting paid thousands a week to be utter shit. I have no sympathy whatsoever.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:39 am

Man United rofl

We could lose tomorrow and still be above them, oh lawd.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:16 am

Football is infuriating.

Brb lost 3-1 to City

Brb Stoke 1-0 up against them after 60 mins.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:18 am

We weakened them and left them ripe for picking.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:18 am

Diouf's goal

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15  - Page 10 15wcgo8
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:26 am

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/8/30/6086477/mame-dioufs-goal-against-manchester-city-was-magic

Vine doesn't do it justice.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:09 am

Might as well just hand the trophy to Chelsea. Rolling Eyes
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:19 am

Couple of former Manchester United players scoring today. Diouf and Zaha.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:32 am

Diego Costa goal within 35 seconds.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:34 am

Ivanovic makes it 2-0 two minutes later.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:42 am

And then Howard should have been sent off. Bad, bad no call from the linesman. Fabregas tearing up the Everton midfield.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:48 am

Still not sure what the linesman was doing here.

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15  - Page 10 BwTQsNRCMAAN31C
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:07 am

I've seen a referee 5 yards away from the goalkeeper when he walked out of the penalty area with the ball in his hands and not call it.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:08 am

If Liverpool win by a large margin tomorrow they go above Man City. Smile
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:11 am

Theo Filippo wrote:If Liverpool win by a large margin tomorrow they go above Man City. Smile
    The scary thing? We are 3 points better off from the same fixtures last season, while City are worse off.  Big season ahead.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:42 am

FCB wrote:I've seen a referee 5 yards away from the goalkeeper when he walked out of the penalty area with the ball in his hands and not call it.

Howard did also fall backwards, which might have put the thought in the mind of the assistant that he didn't touch the ball until it was over the top of the line. The ball was moving somewhat quickly, but I think everyone else saw it as an obvious handball.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:57 am

Coleman own goal quickly followed up by a Naismith reply.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:09 am

Best game I've seen in a long time bruh
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:10 am

5 goals in 11:15. Though Everton decided against defending for some reason.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:14 am

I woke up for Man Utd, then went back to sleep. Was too tired to wake up for this. Dry Smile
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:17 am

Costa da boss.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:24 am

I was feeling bad before the game so I got myself wired on loads of supplements and brain shit so as a result I was very attentive and analytical during the game. It's likely that no one cares and it is all wrong anyway but here is some of what I thought.

Mark Hughes set the team very similar to the way he did in the famous 3-2 v QPR. Stoke absolutely stacked the middle of the park, made 3 tight banks of 2 standing in front of each other. This made Jovetic very ineffective because all his little flicks and one twos were quickly cleared. It made passing through the middle in general impossible, which meant our tempo went to AIDs. The football was slow as fuck. It didn't help that Toure was a total passenger and didn't work at all. Fernando was good defensively but misplaced too many passes, Fernandinho came on and did exactly the same thing but with worse defense. Worst 3 players by far.

They were vulnerable out wide though and kind of invited pressure out there. Sagna looks good defensively, but he is nowhere near as good as Zabaleta at getting forward. If Zabaleta had played it probably would have made it a lot easier. Kolarov needed to do more. Navas came on and absolutely molested the right and side of the pitch for about 15 minutes before Hughes brought on a left sided player which made it a lot harder down that side.

Stoke strategy was obviously to sit back hard and then score from a set piece or a counter. It obviously worked and they were incisive about it. Almost exactly like the QPR game except better.

Diouf's goal is just AIDs. It isn't that spectacular, it's just a total shitfest of defending. It's like that one that Jermaine Beckford scored v Chelsea. The only minor bit of talent he had is strength in the beginning, but even then the first mistake is Kolarov not just full on rugby tackling him. Really brah, you gotta do those it's fucking obvious. Fernandinho then does the most HIV positive attempt at a one on one tackle I've ever seen, he basically just lets him take a big heavy touch and jog past. I actually thought it was Kompany at first and I was confused, because he may be bad in some areas, but not one on ones. Hart is then beat at his near post, but I'll only fault him slightly because these things happen sometimes. I would expect better, but not every time that's a save. 

I aint even mad tho, losing at this stage of the season never bothers me. Only hurts when it's in the middle/end.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:27 am

Not a bad game to be on NBC.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:29 am

Scuba Steve wrote:Not a bad game to be on NBC.
    Agreed.  It also helped having Arlo & Dixon shouting "this is a good match" every two minutes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:56 am