Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Eriksen
Ra's al Ghul
Glen Miller
Scott_LFC
Zzonked
9 posters

Arsenal vs Man City | Saturday 5:30pm

Scott_LFC

Arsenal vs Man City | Saturday 5:30pm Empty Arsenal vs Man City | Saturday 5:30pm

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:12 pm

Another one of those games where any result will benefit Liverpool in some way or another. not worthy

Can't really call this. City look much stronger than Arsenal, but I'm pretty sure Arsenal tend to do well against City. I may be remembering wrongly.

A draw would be just lovely.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Arsenal vs Man City | Saturday 5:30pm Empty Re: Arsenal vs Man City | Saturday 5:30pm

Post by Zzonked Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:35 pm

>Makes match thread for Arsenal and City
    >First sentence is about a team that is irrelevant to this game
    Scott_LFC

Arsenal vs Man City | Saturday 5:30pm Empty Re: Arsenal vs Man City | Saturday 5:30pm

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:39 pm

Zzonked wrote:>Makes match thread for Arsenal and City
    >First sentence is about a team that is irrelevant to this game

Because it's from my point of view/perspective. Rather than posting a neutral OP and then following it up with another post about how the game affects ourselves, I've just gone ahead and done it from the off. I've done it in previous match threads too.

See the OP of the United vs City game and the Spurs vs Arsenal game.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:28 pm

Only a City win benefits us, we've got our eyes on 3rd place, no matter what the media tells us.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:33 pm

Glen Miller wrote:Only a City win benefits us, we've got our eyes on 3rd place, no matter what the media tells us.

You need to grow some balls. I thought I was meant to be the negative one.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:35 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:Only a City win benefits us, we've got our eyes on 3rd place, no matter what the media tells us.

I don't see how we can make up a 4.5 point gap on City over 7 games.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:47 pm

Glen Miller wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

Guessing you "didn't see" us winning 7 games in a row? You said we'd lose at United, etc.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:49 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:

Guessing you "didn't see" us winning 7 games in a row? You said we'd lose at United, etc.
    I seriously doubt you thought we would win all seven of those games, Scott.  rofl Last night showed why we won't win the league-the first team to change their tactics against us and play 3 at the back and SAS combine for one pass in the first half so we have to rely on a scrappy set piece finish from Stevie G to win.

Chelsea will sneak a win at Anfield and we will draw with City, not that that will matter once we drop points against West Ham.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:47 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

I seriously doubt you thought we would win all seven of those games, Scott.  rofl Last night showed why we won't win the league-the first team to change their tactics against us and play 3 at the back and SAS combine for one pass in the first half so we have to rely on a scrappy set piece finish from Stevie G to win.

Chelsea will sneak a win at Anfield and we will draw with City, not that that will matter once we drop points against West Ham.

Of course I didn't, but I was proved wrong. Just like you were.

"Last night showed why we won't win the League". Really? What about Aston Villa beating Chelsea? Did that show that Chelsea won't win the League? We're not the only team in the title race to have scraped a win. Chelsea narrowly avoided a loss against WBA because of a Ramires dive. Chelsea were shut out at home against West Ham, who played 10 behind the ball, much like Sunderland attempted to do last night. What about City's recent draw against Norwich? Or their narrow 1-0 home win over Stoke, who parked the bus? Does that show why they won't win the League?

I still maintain that we were cruising against Sunderland. We should have scored about 4 or 5. A brain fart from an individual player is the only reason the game became tense for the last 10 minutes.

We'll drop points at West Ham? The team that United beat 2-0 comfortably?

You mean like we dropped points at Southampton and United?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:00 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Of course I didn't, but I was proved wrong. Just like you were.

"Last night showed why we won't win the League". Really? What about Aston Villa beating Chelsea? Did that show that Chelsea won't win the League? We're not the only team in the title race to have scraped a win. Chelsea narrowly avoided a loss against WBA because of a Ramires dive. Chelsea were shut out at home against West Ham, who played 10 behind the ball, much like Sunderland attempted to do last night. What about City's recent draw against Norwich? Or their narrow 1-0 home win over Stoke, who parked the bus? Does that show why they won't win the League?

I still maintain that we were cruising against Sunderland. We should have scored about 4 or 5. A brain fart from an individual player is the only reason the game became tense for the last 10 minutes.

We'll drop points at West Ham? The team that United beat 2-0 comfortably?

You mean like we dropped points at Southampton and United?
    We were proven wrong, yes.  If the lads continue to prove me wrong I will not be upset.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:10 am

7-1 to City
    Eriksen
    Eriksen

Post by Eriksen Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:51 am

We will not win the League, so i'd rather City win big and secure 3rd for LFC
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:57 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:7-1 to City
    Merlin is a doubt, they won't score more than 5.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:15 am

So, Glen, does Chelsea's loss to Palace show why they won't win the League?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:16 am

Scott_LFC wrote:So, Glen, does Chelsea's loss to Palace show why they won't win the League?
    Absolutely.  City will win the league with a game or two to spare.

We are not going to win or challenge for the title, get that silly idea out of your head.  there there

Last edited by Glen Miller on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:17 am

Mourinho seems to think so.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:20 am

It's like a chess match where City are playing paintball instead.
    Mason19294828838822
    Mason19294828838822

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason19294828838822 Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:44 am

GOALLLLL
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:24 am

We didn't get humiliated, get in!
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:26 am

The Emirates erupts because Arsenal put in a brave effort. not worthy

Disappointing result, we've still got to battle for 3rd/4th place now.
    Mason19294828838822
    Mason19294828838822

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason19294828838822 Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:30 am

Good performance by Arsenal tbf.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:35 am

If we'd had one of Walcott or Ramsey I'm fairly sure we would have won.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:49 am

Flamini should be captain. He looked the closest thing you have to a leader in this game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:34 am