Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Grenade
lesser21
Cam
El Jefe
ayvee1
Glen Miller
Trent
Uncle John from Jamaica
Keanoo
Mal
Zzonked
Carlos Jenkinson
ShakerMatty
luke.
Jordan Henderchip
Forest
Bye_Ya
dena
limerickcitykid
Jorlung
Grax
25 posters

whats the worst city youve ever been to and why?

Grax
    Grax

whats the worst city youve ever been to and why? Empty whats the worst city youve ever been to and why?

Post by Grax Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:26 pm

Im gonna have to go with LA. filthy, old, rundown, expensive, overcrowded, high crime and crazy smog. I cant think of anything good about that craphole.

Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

whats the worst city youve ever been to and why? Empty Re: whats the worst city youve ever been to and why?

Post by Jorlung Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:58 pm

I've been to LA and I thought it was beautiful. Well technically it was just outside LA, but it still was beautiful. Went to Hollywood too and it was cool.

TBH I haven't really been to too many major cities. I'd probably say Scarborough (just outside Toronto) is pretty bad, mainly because of the people there. No one has any manners, they don't even speak your language, and a lot of the places look really grimy (from the outside at least, once you get inside it's not bad). Not to mention there's some pretty ghetto areas.
    limerickcitykid
    limerickcitykid

whats the worst city youve ever been to and why? Empty Re: whats the worst city youve ever been to and why?

Post by limerickcitykid Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Scarbro is awful. Not many good areas at all in the GTA tbh.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:07 pm

Boston, fuck everything about it.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:08 pm

dena wrote:Boston, fuck everything about it.

Surprised to hear that.

St. Louis ain't too good.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:12 pm

Well, most times I've been to Boston have been for sporting events, and as a New Yorker they obviously hate my teams guts, so that skews it a lot, but still, fuck those guys.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:29 pm

Denver is the nicest city I've seen, but only seen a few.
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:47 pm

Liverpool

I seriously hated everything about it. Such a bad vibe about the place, not a friendly atmosphere, living in the past (obsession with The Beatles and how the City was influential in the slave trade as if it were a good thing), feel like someone's waiting to mug you around every corner, Scouse accent is shite and sounds like they all have a build up of phlegm in their throats, and the city is just miles behind its neighbours Manchester.

So if you're ever planning on going to the North West, choose Manchester. Class city and theyre all madferit!
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:55 pm

Hamilton, although I'm not sure if you'd call it a city

but it is shit, it is like one road
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 pm

Don't really like Dublin, shambles of a layout and the roads are bumpy as fuck. Also expensive as fuck and no happy hour.

0 points.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:48 pm

Belfast was pretty bad.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:36 am

Coventry has to be the worst, it was like a huge giant council estate with literally nothing going for it. I was passing through it to go to Birmingham uni and it took me a whole minute to say no. The west midlands area in general is a bit leaveittt
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:40 am

Jorlung wrote:I've been to LA and I thought it was beautiful. Well technically it was just outside LA, but it still was beautiful. Went to Hollywood too and it was cool.

I went to the outside and it was beautiful too, especially San Fran but that's obviously not LA. I would say LA isn't that bad, it is so fake in the rich areas though like Vegas
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:40 am

Salford maybe.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:42 am

Carlos Jenkinson wrote:
    Jorlung wrote:I've been to LA and I thought it was beautiful. Well technically it was just outside LA, but it still was beautiful. Went to Hollywood too and it was cool.

I went to the outside and it was beautiful too, especially San Fran but that's obviously not LA. I would say LA isn't that bad, it is so fake in the rich areas though like Vegas

Vegas is in Nevada so it's not that near. I also think it's brilliant, even if it is fake. Laughing
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:43 am

Carlos Jenkinson wrote:Coventry has to be the worst, it was like a huge giant council estate with literally nothing going for it. I was passing through it to go to Birmingham uni and it took me a whole minute to say no. The west midlands area in general is a bit leaveittt

This is good to hear. I'm having a weekend in Coventry in march Laughing

Seeing my mate at Uni there he's invited a few of us for the weekend. He did admit its a shit place tbf
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:04 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Carlos Jenkinson wrote:

Vegas is in Nevada so it's not that near. I also think it's brilliant, even if it is fake. Laughing

Oh yeh I don't like those manufactured places and stuff though. Like I don't like Malia or Napa but I like Ibiza and Mallorca because they're nuts party places but not filled with complete roaches

Forest wrote:
    Carlos Jenkinson wrote:Coventry has to be the worst, it was like a huge giant council estate with literally nothing going for it. I was passing through it to go to Birmingham uni and it took me a whole minute to say no. The west midlands area in general is a bit leaveittt

This is good to hear. I'm having a weekend in Coventry in march Laughing

Seeing my mate at Uni there he's invited a few of us for the weekend. He did admit its a shit place tbf

It's not a good look man, the uni itself is actually pretty good but the area is some next level mumbai slum. It looks like one of those areas that was all new in the 70's and then the developers got the fugg out. Some girl there tried to tell me she wanted to do English Lit and she was doing 1 BTEC, that's when I knew...
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:15 am

Scunthorpe.
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Keanoo Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:26 am

Worst city? Nothing beats Belfast.

Cairo was also shit, so rundown and poor.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:02 am

Newport in Wales. Everybody seemed to depressed, all the shops were just cheap pound shops and stuff. Loads of weird people about too, some mad guy tried to buy my belt off me and he wouldn't go away. Neutral

It was a pleasant day too, I'd hate to go when it was raining or freezing cold!
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:14 am

Mal wrote:Scunthorpe.
    City? Laughing
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:54 am

New York, I was held at knifepoint there.

Also: Camden, New Jersey.

Last edited by Glen Damon on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    limerickcitykid
    limerickcitykid

Post by limerickcitykid Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:03 am

Most of the small places in California. Traveled around California a few years ago and some of the places we passed through I was honestly afraid we were going to get shot up. San Francisco is great though. Alcatraz is a must see. When I went there was a former guard there talking about his times there so I spent all day listening to him.

Buffalo is a dump as well.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:36 am

Trent wrote:
    Mal wrote:Scunthorpe.
    City? Laughing

Town. I thought he was using city just as a generalisation. If we're being specific then it's Hull.
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:39 am

Oh, if we can include towns, then Peterborough is a massive dump too
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:06 am

Perth.
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:38 am

Mal wrote:
    Trent wrote:
    City? Laughing

Town. I thought he was using city just as a generalisation. If we're being specific then it's Hull.
    When have you been to Scunthorpe mf?
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:44 am

Forest wrote:Liverpool

I seriously hated everything about it. Such a bad vibe about the place, not a friendly atmosphere, living in the past (obsession with The Beatles and how the City was influential in the slave trade as if it were a good thing), feel like someone's waiting to mug you around every corner, Scouse accent is shite and sounds like they all have a build up of phlegm in their throats, and the city is just miles behind its neighbours Manchester.

So if you're ever planning on going to the North West, choose Manchester. Class city and theyre all madferit!

I've been to Liverpool so many times and never come across anything promoting it's part in the slave trade?

The Beatles stuff is an absolutely massive tourist attraction so that explains why there's stuff about it.

Most people aren't bad when you speak to them, but there's loads of chavs and this generation do seem to be quite aggressive.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:49 am

Zzonked wrote:Salford maybe.

Some parts may be bad but not the whole of Salford as Salford Quays is pretty nice.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:51 am

If we are including towns as well Burslem near Port Vale's ground was just awful! There was nothing there and rundown houses everywhere.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:32 pm