Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Gegilworld93
luke.
El Jefe
samiz
Carlos Jenkinson
PrideOfTheMidlands
Bushido
Scouser_Dave
El_indian
13 posters

Sturridge at Liverpool...

El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Sturridge at Liverpool... Empty Sturridge at Liverpool...

Post by El_indian Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:58 pm

Thoughts on how well he'll do?

I am actually looking forward to seeing him play and I think he'll do well.

I understand he has a lot of haters which I personally never understood as the few times i watched him play (under AVB), he usually did pretty well.

discuss.
    Anonymous

Sturridge at Liverpool... Empty Re: Sturridge at Liverpool...

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:05 pm

He'll do pretty well but I hate him in general.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:54 pm

If we can get him playing to the same level he was at Bolton then I'll be happy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:07 pm

He'll become an instant hit and score 10 goals between now and the end of the season. The team has been lacking firepower, for so long. That I reckon somebody like him will make an instant impact because he can actually comfortably slot away, most chances he gets. Unlike anybody currently in the team, yes Luis Suarez scores a lot of stunners. But he struggles to tap the ball home from 5 yards. He's got everything the side need at the moment, big, strong, and has scored goals a plenty everywhere he's went.

I think he fits the philosophy Rodgers is trying to implement perfectly, and will do well for years to come.

On saying that, I don't think Demba Ba does. But I still think he would have been a great signing regardless.

There are very few cheap, goalscorers out there. Although he is one, along with Fernando Llorente. Although I reckon anyone would've had a hard time convincing him to head to Anfield, considering a currently inform side like Juve, are after him.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:28 pm

Templeton7|RFC wrote:He'll become an instant hit and score 10 goals between now and the end of the season. The team has been lacking firepower, for so long. That I reckon somebody like him will make an instant impact because he can actually comfortably slot away, most chances he gets. Unlike anybody currently in the team, yes Luis Suarez scores a lot of stunners. But he struggles to tap the ball home from 5 yards. He's got everything the side need at the moment, big, strong, and has scored goals a plenty everywhere he's went.

I think he fits the philosophy Rodgers is trying to implement perfectly, and will do well for years to come.

On saying that, I don't think Demba Ba does. But I still think he would have been a great signing regardless.

There are very few cheap, goalscorers out there. Although he is one, along with Fernando Llorente. Although I reckon anyone would've had a hard time convincing him to head to Anfield, considering a currently inform side like Juve, are after him.

He can't be that good if Chelsea got rid and bought Ba. Which makes me think why Liverpool didn't put a bid in for Ba knowing it would have to be accepted.
    PrideOfTheMidlands
    PrideOfTheMidlands

Post by PrideOfTheMidlands Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:31 pm

i like sturridge, hope he does well, and all factors point towards him doing well and fitting into the team, but this is liverpool we are talking about. And how many times have we heard this before. downing, adam, henderson, borini... the list goes on
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:34 pm

PrideOfTheMidlands wrote:i like sturridge, hope he does well, and all factors point towards him doing well and fitting into the team, but this is liverpool we are talking about. And how many times have we heard this before. downing, adam, henderson, borini... the list goes on

Robbie Keane MKII.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:38 pm

Bushido wrote:
    Templeton7|RFC wrote:He'll become an instant hit and score 10 goals between now and the end of the season. The team has been lacking firepower, for so long. That I reckon somebody like him will make an instant impact because he can actually comfortably slot away, most chances he gets. Unlike anybody currently in the team, yes Luis Suarez scores a lot of stunners. But he struggles to tap the ball home from 5 yards. He's got everything the side need at the moment, big, strong, and has scored goals a plenty everywhere he's went.

He can't be that good if Chelsea got rid and bought Ba. Which makes me think why Liverpool didn't put a bid in for Ba knowing it would have to be accepted.

Well first things first, Jela's only using hyperboles to suck up to the Liverpool supporters but he is pretty good. Ba's just the complete forward, he's like a shitter Drogba which by anyone's standards is pretty damn impressive
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:48 pm

Carlos Jenkinson wrote:
    Bushido wrote:

Well first things first, Jela's only using hyperboles to suck up to the Liverpool supporters but he is pretty good. Ba's just the complete forward, he's like a shitter Drogba which by anyone's standards is pretty damn impressive

And why the fuck would I care what any Liverpool fans thought of me?

I'm not like you, I express my own opinions and don't play to the crowd.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:58 pm

Carlos Jenkinson wrote:
    Bushido wrote:

They should have tried, he's exactly what Liverpool needed.
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:13 am

I'm guessing we didn't buy him because he didn't fit in John W. Henry's silly 'young players only' philosophy.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:14 am

Templeton7|RFC wrote:
    Carlos Jenkinson wrote:

And why the fuck would I care what any Liverpool fans thought of me?

I'm not like you, I express my own opinions and don't play to the crowd.

rofl rofl rofl
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:21 am

I think the Ba deal would have been a lot more expensive that just £7 million, apparently his representatives demanded an extra few million signing on fee. If they managed to get something like £4 million to sign on, I assume they also managed to get him on big wages too, so in the long term it's quite an expensive deal for Chelsea. Still a very good one, but not as cheap as people are making out.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:25 am

if liverpools team can make alot of tap ins for him then he might score a few.

But overall hes shit.
    Probably why Chelsea are off loading him.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:27 am

If we didn't sign players Chelsea didn't see as being good enough we would never have signed this beautiful human being

Sturridge at Liverpool... Glen_johnson_501fc23b2f1b9082606716
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:48 am

El Jefe wrote:I think the Ba deal would have been a lot more expensive that just £7 million, apparently his representatives demanded an extra few million signing on fee. If they managed to get something like £4 million to sign on, I assume they also managed to get him on big wages too, so in the long term it's quite an expensive deal for Chelsea. Still a very good one, but not as cheap as people are making out.

There's the knee thing also, so only really could Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd (if they shovel out more debt) take the gamble in the first place
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:20 am

Too selfish really. Guess that's what Liverpool need, and us too. Not the most efficient striker however.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:33 am

Sturridge is not the goal scorer you make him out to be lol, he's missed a lot of easy chances for Chelsea.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:51 am

Bushido wrote:

Idiot.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:52 am

Bushido wrote:
    Carlos Jenkinson wrote:

Idiot again.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:56 am

I think he'll do well for us and he brings some athleticism and pace to the team that we need badly.

We all know damn well if we had signed Ba his knee would have given out immediately.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:57 am

Mustangt125 wrote:I think he'll do well for us and he brings some athleticism and pace to the team that we need badly.

We all know damn well if we had signed Ba his knee would have given out immediately.
    Yes and signing Ba would have meant putting the league's second top goalscorer on the wing, or maybe going 4-4-2 Dalglish style. Sturridge at Liverpool... 207657
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:12 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:

Sturridge is not the goal scorer you make him out to be lol, he's missed a lot of easy chances for Chelsea.

8 in 12 for a relegated Bolton side? That's not a bad return.
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:39 am

Bushido wrote:

I agree. It is a bit odd.

I like Daniel though, when he was playing for Chelsea he was very consistent. He offers variety as well because he can play on the wing. Saying that, I assume he has come to LFC looking to play in his favoured CF role.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:41 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Bushido wrote:

Idiot again.

You post nothing but nonconstructive shit, yet i'm the idiot? You do nothing but follow me around on here it's sad.
    Alaba v2
    Alaba v2

Supports : God

Post by Alaba v2 Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:08 am

Bushido wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:Idiot again.

You post nothing but nonconstructive shit, yet i'm the idiot? You do nothing but follow me around on here it's sad.

You're an animal with homosexual tendencies.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:22 am

Alaba v2 wrote:
    Bushido wrote:

You're an animal with homosexual tendencies.

How did you know?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:35 am