Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Theo Filippo
Childish Logic
ayvee1
Grenade
Mal
Trent
Clark
George
Forest
samiz
El Jefe
Mouse
dena
PrideOfTheMidlands
crump
Cam
Phadunkin Donuts
21 posters

Greatest thing you bought in 2012

Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Greatest thing you bought in 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest thing you bought in 2012

Post by Trent Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:22 am

Start. wrote:Honestly don't think I bought anything which was particularly great.

I remember buying 8 Crispy Rolls for £50p from Home Bargains once. Greatest thing you bought in 2012 - Page 2 214775
    wat
    Anonymous

Greatest thing you bought in 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest thing you bought in 2012

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:29 am

Start, you are the worst.
    Start.
    Start.

Supports : Chelsea FC.

Post by Start. Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:41 am

I don't care. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:42 am

That just makes it worse.
    Start.
    Start.

Post by Start. Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:44 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:That just makes it worse.

Who gives a fuck. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:45 am

Because that redeems your idiocy, doesn't it?
    Start.
    Start.

Post by Start. Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:46 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:Because that redeems your idiocy, doesn't it?

Yeah. Neutral
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:05 am

lel
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:06 am

Start, you're no fool if you don't put value in material possessions. It means you've transcended a spiritual plane and are above the materialistic peons.
    Start.
    Start.

Post by Start. Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:09 am

Dagbon wrote:Start, you're no fool if you don't put value in material possessions. It means you've transcended a spiritual plane and are above the materialistic peons.

Yeah, that. Neutral
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:38 am

Dagbon wrote:Start, you're no fool if you don't put value in material possessions. It means you've transcended a spiritual plane and are above the materialistic peons.

But material possessions do have 'value'. They give us a sensory response from which all thought is taken (along with implied sensory responses from experience (a priori knowledge)). Obviously it depends on what your expectation is when it comes to 'value' but surely thought and knowledge are something that is indisputably valuable, considering that's all we really 'have'.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:46 am

Zzonked wrote:

But material possessions do have 'value'. They give us a sensory response from which all thought is taken (along with implied sensory responses from experience (a priori knowledge)). Obviously it depends on what your expectation is when it comes to 'value' but surely thought and knowledge are something that is indisputably valuable, considering that's all we really 'have'.
    I don't understand what you're saying with this post, first you talk about how of course things have value, then how knowledge and thought are valuable. scratch
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:48 am

Dagbon wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

I don't understand what you're saying with this post, first you talk about how of course things have value, then how knowledge and thought are valuable. scratch

Things = Sensory experience

Sensory experience = Knowledge and Thought

Things = Knowledge and Thought
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:50 am

Clever Zzonked. Obviously a learned man.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:52 am

Well now you're going to have to explain what experience you get from having things. Unless all your possessions are dictionaries, encyclopedias and Atlas' to give you knowledge.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:59 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:Clever Zzonked. Obviously a learned man.

I have read from the scripture of Eternal and co that teaches things are good.

Dagbon wrote:Well now you're going to have to explain what experience you get from having things. Unless all your possessions are dictionaries, encyclopedias and Atlas' to give you knowledge.

Well I'm just arguing that everything comes out of sensory experience and that comes from external things. Without touching a silk shirt, you would never know what it feels like to wear one (and then be able to apply that knowledge to other things). This definition of things is constantly changing through new experiences you have.

This isn't to say it's worth spending money on loads of things, because a rock could provide information just as well as a PSP could. It's a little bit pedantic because I'm guessing your original argument wasn't aimed at all things that are material, just those that come from the commercial world sort of thing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:06 am

Yeah I'm arguing about how people already have more than they need and still want more. In fact I'd be upset if you took away some of extras because of how dependent I've become on them. But I don't need anymore material goods. I'm happy with what I have now.

Also the sensory experience you described needs no more than window shopping. Hit the mall for a day, touch everything. You don't need to spend anything.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:59 am

Actually I bought a car but when I read the thread I thought it meant "greatest" as the thing you've gotten the most enjoyment out of not what has been the most expensive. So there's that you know in case there is a misunderstanding. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:02 am

Well the former was my intention.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:25 am

Greatest thing you bought in 2012 - Page 2 31ch3tP4njL._SL500_AA300_

A table for my tv. Now I can move some of my dvd's and games to another place which free's up a bunch of space
    Ham.
    Ham.

Post by Ham. Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:13 am

Don't know if it really counts but probably my lads holiday for this year.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:30 am