Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Novi
crump
AndItsKoren!
Uncle John from Jamaica
Theo Filippo
Zzonked
Sean
Forest
12 posters

Is Adrian Durham the biggest wanker in journalism?

Forest
    Forest

Is Adrian Durham the biggest wanker in journalism? Empty Is Adrian Durham the biggest wanker in journalism?

Post by Forest Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:26 pm

Everything he says gives me cancer. Here's his debut column for the Daily Mail

Arsenal reality check: Even Peterborough have beaten Reading... Cazorla cannot touch Silva or Mata... And why Messi is a bottler

Arsenal won 5-2 at Reading. So what?
    The way Gooners are banging on about that result makes it sound like everything is OK at the Emirates. Breaking news – everything is not OK. Bradford knocked Arsenal out of the Capital One Cup. Arsenal are 15 points behind the Premier League leaders, and we’re not even halfway through the season.
    More breaking news for Gooners – Theo Walcott is good, but he will never be at the same level the talismanic Robin van Persie and Thierry Henry achieved.

And Santi Cazorla is good, but over the course of a season he’s not quite David Silva, or Juan Mata.  Both Walcott and Cazorla are players I rate highly, but both prove that Arsenal on the field have been starved of success and stripped of quality year after year.

The fans are desperate for a hero – when Santi played well, he was the new hero. Then Wilshere came back, and Santi’s form dipped and Jack was the man. Now it’s Theo. But the fans can’t really get behind Theo because they know the chances are he’ll be leaving.
    On Monday night at Reading Arsenal won the first half when Reading got their tactics completely wrong. Brian McDermott changed things at half time and the 2nd half finished 2-2.
    And at the end of it all it’s a great night out when your team wins away but what does a 5-2 win at Reading actually mean for a club like Arsenal? Not a lot really. Arsenal used to win big at Premier League cannon fodder on their way to the title or the double. It was a means to an end. Now the odd decent win is all the fans can look forward to.
    A great club, with great fans who deserve better.
    Arsene Wenger said that Monday’s win shows how strong Arsenal are.
    The reality is that Arsenal beat Reading in the same calendar year Peterborough United beat Reading.

OLD SCHOOL? NO, BROWN
    IS SIMPLY DIRTY

I’m neither a Leeds fan nor a Chelsea fan but here is one special reason why I’m glad Leeds didn’t make it to the semi finals of the Capital One Cup – Michael Brown.

As far as I could see he spent the whole game kicking and fouling opponents and playing very little football.

He seems to have built a career on nasty challenges.

Among those who have felt the full force of Brown’s brutality are Jacob Butterfield, Ashley Cole, Sean Davis, Jem Karacan, Theo Robinson, Jermaine Jenas and perhaps the worst foul I’ve ever seen - on Ryan Giggs in August 2006.
    He launched a stamp on Giggs’ knee with the ball not even in the same postcode.
    Amazingly he only saw yellow for it, so he’s lucky to have only received eight red cards in his career.
    He’s been described as 'old school,' but he’s just dirty. 

THE SECRET FOOTBALLER WHO JUST WANTS TO PLAY

Think all footballers are in it for the money? Think again.
    Quite by chance I happened to sit opposite a professional footballer on a train recently. I didn’t recognise him at first, and when I did realise who it was I couldn’t introduce myself because he was listening to music. Then his phone rang so I thought I’d take the chance at the end of the call to say hello.
    This ceased to be an option once I realised the nature of his conversation. He was telling his agent how gutted he was that he wasn’t getting a game.
    To fill you in, he wasn’t injured, and isn’t a bad player at all. His manager just isn’t selecting him.
    At first I thought he was another egotistical player who thought he had a divine right to be picked. But I was wrong. He just wants to play football.
    From what I picked up, money was not an issue at all, he just wants to play football. The manager who won’t pick him isn’t the manager who signed him, so the player is now in a situation where he is getting paid but not playing.
    From the outside it looks like he is taking money for nothing, but in his own words: 'I just want to play.' A decent young English player being held back by a club that should do the decent thing and let him go.

MAGNIFICENT MESSI HAS BOTTLED OUT OF BIG TEST
    Never thought I’d say it but I’m disappointed in Lionel Messi. The best player on the planet, arguably the best player of all time, I’d happily pay a small fortune to watch him play.
    But why sign again at Barcelona?
    Messi has won everything at Barcelona, there’s nothing left to do there. So why not come to the Premier League so we can find out if he can do it out of his comfort zone?

His new contract takes him beyond the age of 30 so we will never see Messi at his peak playing anywhere else but Barcelona.
    Scoring and winning has become easy at Barcelona for Messi. I wish he had accepted the challenge of signing for an English side. Is he scared of Stoke?
    Lionel Messi – bottler.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2250984/Adrian-Durham-Arsenals-Santi-Cazorla-touch-David-Silva-Juan-Mata--Lionel-Messi-bottler.html#ixzz2FafpbEwH
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Sean

Is Adrian Durham the biggest wanker in journalism? Empty Re: Is Adrian Durham the biggest wanker in journalism?

Post by Sean Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:29 pm

He pretty much reminds me of you Forest.
    Forest
    Forest

Is Adrian Durham the biggest wanker in journalism? Empty Re: Is Adrian Durham the biggest wanker in journalism?

Post by Forest Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:29 pm

No wonder he's stuck on radio too. Never knew this is what he looked like rofl

Is Adrian Durham the biggest wanker in journalism? Talksport-radio-presenter-adrian-durham_1
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:29 pm

He's a wind up merchant and a really good one because he fucks me off big time, gets people to ring up his show though.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:40 pm

The Messi bit. rofl
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:42 pm

Not a bad debut column.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:44 pm

He's great at his job as Kyro says, by spewing controversial bollocks so people get in touch. Also work it nicely by having an ex-cricketer talking football with him on his drivetime show, and of course they always back opposite sides of the argument.

He hates Leeds irrationally and talks shit about us often so for that reason I think he's a prick.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:10 pm

Van Persie a talisman? Does this guy even know what talisman means?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:17 pm

AndItsKoren! wrote:Van Persie a talisman? Does this guy even know what talisman means?
    I'm starting to think you dislike van Persie.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Stopped reading where it said "The second half finished 2-2"
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:38 am

kyro7 wrote:
    AndItsKoren! wrote:Van Persie a talisman? Does this guy even know what talisman means?
    I'm starting to think you dislike van Persie.

For valid reasons.
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Novi Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:59 am

Yes he is.
    The Maestro
    The Maestro

Post by The Maestro Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:23 am

He's a disrespectful cunt.

I hate him.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:34 am

The Maestro wrote:He's a disrespectful cunt.

I hate him.

How can you hate someone identical to yourself, unless ofc you hate yourself at which point I'd suggest suicide.
    The Maestro
    The Maestro

Post by The Maestro Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:48 am

AndItsKoren! wrote:
    The Maestro wrote:He's a disrespectful cunt.

I hate him.

How can you hate someone identical to yourself, unless ofc you hate yourself at which point I'd suggest suicide.

Why are you always angry?
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:55 am

I don't get angry Maestro. I would like it if you stopped coming here though and stuck to your Fanta Sister forum.
    The Maestro
    The Maestro

Post by The Maestro Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:57 am

I'll post where I want, thank you.

Just try not attack me every time I decide to post on here you big grump Very Happy
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:43 am

Hypocritical two faced prick.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:45 am

Is he the guy from Talksport? If so, he's just one of those guys who says retarded things to get people to ring up, he's really good at it as well
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:46 am

I dislike him quite a lot. However I think Piers Morgan is the biggest wanker in journalism.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:50 am

I dislike Ollie Holt.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:20 am

Cam wrote:Is he the guy from Talksport? If so, he's just one of those guys who says retarded things to get people to ring up, he's really good at it as well
    Yeah he is.

Apparently him and Matt Holland are going to debate whether United are better now than we were with Ronaldo. What's there to debate? Laughing
    Cam wrote:I dislike Ollie Holt.
    Out of all the people in the written press(associated with sport), he's probably the biggest bellend.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:37 am

Henry Winter, on the other hand. not worthy
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:39 am

I used to quite like Martin Samuel, then in his column he said Joey Barton should come out as gay. facepalm

Edit: "quite like" is a little strong. More like I didn't mind him.
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:46 am

All tabloid journalists are shit. The Guardian are pretty good, as are freelance like Sid Lowe or Johnathan Wilson.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:21 am