Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Muhkoo
El Jefe
Trent
Mouse
Jordi
George
AndItsKoren!
Sean
Childish Logic
crump
Jordan Henderchip
Kelloggg8
Start.
dena
El_indian
arsenalap11
JamieB
Zzonked
SBSP
Yrael
Forest
25 posters

Do people base their friends purely on looks?

Forest
    Forest

Do people base their friends purely on looks? Empty Do people base their friends purely on looks?

Post by Forest Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:43 am

It's something I observe everywhere.

Groups of girl. You get the hot girls. You very rarely see an acne covered obese beast hanging out with the hot chicks.

Ugly girls. You very rarely get a hot girl within the group of council housed munters.

Average looking girls all stick together too, although the acceptance levels are a bit more open and you get the odd pretty girl and the odd munter found in these groups.

Same with lads. You get the hot, gym going guys who are über confident and into their designer clothing. You don't see a skinny little Primark mannequin hanging around in this group.

You get the geeks. But there's never any sign of a gym going LAD with these guys.

I've noticed it with people who have gone off to Uni and made new friends with complete strangers. A girl I know is always pictured with girls who are absolute worldys. The girl I know is stunning.

Another guy, bit of a lad, loves going gym. Always pictured with similar looking lads.

Another good looking girl I know. All the mates in her pictures are fit.

An ugly girl that I know of. All her Uni mates are ugly too.

My conclusion is that people base their friends on looks
    Yrael
    Yrael

Do people base their friends purely on looks? Empty Re: Do people base their friends purely on looks?

Post by Yrael Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:55 am

I have not noticed this at all. Not sure what shallow, superficial people you're hanging out with but when I recall groups of friends at my old high school or uni there is always a mix of different looks.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Do people base their friends purely on looks? Empty Re: Do people base their friends purely on looks?

Post by SBSP Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:59 am

No.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:00 am

Oh yes.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:01 am

You get the geeks. But there's never any sign of a gym going LAD with these guys.

I've noticed it with people who have gone off to Uni and made new friends with complete strangers.

My house is quite nerdy, we basically have 2 full on nerds, then two stealth nerds (which I consider myself to be one of). I go the gym and am into sports, the other guy is a hipster phaggot.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:01 am

So no.
    JamieB
    JamieB

Supports : Manchester United

Post by JamieB Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:13 am

No.

Generally more on their personality and depending on whether they're pricks or not Laughing
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:24 am

Nope, especially not at uni
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:26 am

haha stealth nerd
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:27 am

Not only have you described people with similar looks, but with similar tastes, interests, and personalities. It is possible that people base their friends on the latter three factors more than the first. Crazy shit right?
    Start.
    Start.

Supports : Chelsea FC.

Post by Start. Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:21 pm

I'm in a group of fellas that are little gym freaks (All good looking, no homo) then you get me who's tiny and looks about 10, so I'd so no. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:33 pm

Don't think so.

There is always a minger hanging out with the hot chicks.
    Kelloggg8

Formerly known as : QwertyKirby
    Supports : CF América, Toronto FC

Post by Kelloggg8 Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:45 pm

No.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:55 pm

dena wrote:Not only have you described people with similar looks, but with similar tastes, interests, and personalities. It is possible that people base their friends on the latter three factors more than the first. Crazy shit right?

Was going to post something like this.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:48 pm

tbh I have noticed this
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:01 am

Maybe your interests and hobbies influence your looks

Have you ever seen the really popular kid good at football or muscly ugly? Never.

Ever seen someone that stays in doors all day on the computer and rarely goes out hot? Never.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:44 am

crump wrote:Maybe your interests and hobbies influence your looks

Have you ever seen the really popular kid good at football or muscly ugly? Never.

Ever seen someone that stays in doors all day on the computer and rarely goes out hot? Never.

This, certain people gravitate to certain shit.

Also you find hot girls with hot girls because they pass on that sense of style to each other. They help each other become hot. Applies to all of them.
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:36 am

Do people base their friends purely on looks? Wayne-Rooney-Man-Utd
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:00 am

I see it with girls a lot more. I guess the geeks/gym guys etc is based on their interests.

The girl thing is probably just being in the 'popular group' and only accept other people if they think they'd be popular.
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:19 am

No. There isn't a real social divide on the IOW. I guess people that are just similar stick together because in most cases they have the same interests.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:02 am

George wrote:No. There isn't a real social divide on the IOW. I guess people that are just similar stick together because in most cases they have the same interests.
    That's because many people that live here are inbred.. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:20 am

Sean wrote:

Do people base their friends purely on looks? Wayne-Rooney-Man-Utd
    Thank you for backing Crumps post up.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:46 am

Jordi wrote:
    George wrote:No. There isn't a real social divide on the IOW. I guess people that are just similar stick together because in most cases they have the same interests.
    Beat me to it. shifty
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:21 am

No, I'm friends with you Forest.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:22 am

Yep, me. Another poor post from Crump, just because you're an ugly fuck it doesn't mean we all are. Rolling Eyes
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:44 am

I think it happens more with girls.
    In general I think lads are less bothered about what people think about them, so they're probably less arsed about what other people look like as well. Obviously I can't speak for everyone but I've got mates that are popular with girls and ones that are very average or ugly, and quite a lot of people in those two groups are mates with each other too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:45 am

AndItsKoren! wrote:

Yep, me. Another poor post from Crump, just because you're an ugly fuck it doesn't mean we all are. Rolling Eyes

You're not good looking at all, lmao.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:09 am

AndItsKoren! wrote:

You look like one of those grebo punk rockers that wear Slipknot hoodies.
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:17 am

Jordi wrote:

That is probably true. It wouldn't be normal to hate your friend, who is most likely your Mum/Dad, who is also your sister/brother.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:11 am

S. wrote:
    AndItsKoren! wrote:

You're not good looking at all, lmao.

Yeah I am.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:32 am