Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Keanoo
dena
The Maestro
Carlos Jenkinson
wellz
Bushido
Zzonked
Cam
Trent
Novi
Jordi
SBSP
Ra's al Ghul
Forest
18 posters

James McClean refused to wear poppy

Forest
    Forest

James McClean refused to wear poppy Empty James McClean refused to wear poppy

Post by Forest Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:05 am

Getting bare stick for it on Twitter.

I couldn't care less if he didn't wear one or not tbh. He has his justified reasons.

Do you think he should be banned from playing for Sunderland ever again, as morons on Twitter are suggesting? He's also been getting death threats apparently
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

James McClean refused to wear poppy Empty Re: James McClean refused to wear poppy

Post by Ra's al Ghul Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:05 am

Why did he refuse to wear one?
    SBSP
    SBSP

James McClean refused to wear poppy Empty Re: James McClean refused to wear poppy

Post by SBSP Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:06 am

Good for him.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:10 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:Why did he refuse to wear one?
    Bloody Sunday.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:13 am

Things like showing support for the army and singing the national anthem should be a choice that you make without backlash. Insulting and threatening people for not doing those things is worse than showing disrespect to people who served in the army.
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Novi Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:15 am

Good on him.

ahlycotc wrote:Things like showing support for the army and singing the national anthem should be a choice that you make without backlash. Insulting and threatening people for not doing those things is worse than showing disrespect to people who served in the army.

Agreed.

Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:29 am

I really couldn't care less tbh.

I bet the people who are criticizing him are the same who say how bad war is yet idolise the people in wars.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:35 am

John O'shea did it as well
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:35 am

Always found Remembrance Day a bit awkward. Can't say I feel strongly about honouring people who were employed to kill other people for Queen and country. It's not that I don't respect the people who are soldiers and obviously it's horrible that some themselves had to die, just that it feels a lot like glorifying war.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:37 am

Zzonked wrote:Always found Remembrance Day a bit awkward. Can't say I feel strongly about honouring people who were employed to kill other people for Queen and country. It's not that I don't respect the people who are soldiers and obviously it's horrible that some themselves had to die, just that it feels a lot like glorifying war.

It's a sign of respect.
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:37 am

Zzonked wrote:Always found Remembrance Day a bit awkward. Can't say I feel strongly about honouring people who were employed to kill other people for Queen and country. It's not that I don't respect the people who are soldiers and obviously it's horrible that some themselves had to die, just that it feels a lot like glorifying war.
    This post is magnificent.

Exactly my thoughts.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:40 am

The only ones I can feel a bit of respect for are the ones who fought in the World Wars. I prefer calling it Armistice Day because that's a much better reason for a holiday.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:41 am

Showing respect to people who died defending our country or fighting for our country isn't the same as glorifying war.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:43 am

I farted as loud as I could during the minutes silence.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:45 am

Cam wrote:

Showing respect to people who died defending our country or fighting for our country isn't the same as glorifying war.

Depends on what war they fought in.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:47 am

SBSP wrote:
    The only ones I can feel a bit of respect for are the ones who fought in the World Wars. I prefer calling it Armistice Day because that's a much better reason for a holiday.

That's a fair point. Those are the only two recent wars that actually did need to happen and should have happened.

Cam wrote:

I guess I just don't think they deserve more respect than everyone else who has died young. I respect them as people, but I don't respect the job or institution. I don't think fighting for our country is an admirable cause.
    wellz
    wellz

Supports : The Troops

Post by wellz Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:14 am

James McLean is an arrogant little prick
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:14 am

wellz wrote:James McLean is an arrogant little prick
    Why?
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:18 am

SBSP wrote:The only ones I can feel a bit of respect for are the ones who fought in the World Wars. I prefer calling it Armistice Day because that's a much better reason for a holiday.

This, everything apart from that is sickening

They are allowed to do whatever they want, I just don't really see the beef with O'Shea and McClean when their countries created more deaths between eachother then Bloody Sunday ever did. McClean's also representing Ireland when he's Northern Irish, what a joke
    wellz
    wellz

Supports : The Troops

Post by wellz Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:19 am

Because he had the audacity to have a little twitter temper tantrum after not getting an ROI start

Last edited by wellz on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:20 am

wellz wrote:Because he had the audacity to have a little twitter temper tantrum after not getting an ROI call up

No, the Poppy is a British symbol not an Irish one
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:11 am

James, who?
    The Maestro
    The Maestro

Post by The Maestro Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:25 am

Templeton7|RFC wrote:James, who?

McClean.

It says it in the thread title.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:42 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Cam wrote:

Depends on what war they fought in.

No it doesn't.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:47 am

He is a nobody, further shown through his immaturity when he didn't get picked for the national squad. He decided to take to Twitter and express his feelings towards the manager in a bitter manner. He couldn't accept the fact that he just isn't good enough so decided to bitch about the manager and tell everyone how he is wrong. Hmm son ... I'm sure a manager with over 40 years in management knows more than a kid like you.
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Keanoo Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:00 am

Templeton7|RFC wrote:He is a nobody, further shown through his immaturity when he didn't get picked for the national squad. He decided to take to Twitter and express his feelings towards the manager in a bitter manner. He couldn't accept the fact that he just isn't good enough so decided to bitch about the manager and tell everyone how he is wrong. Hmm son ... I'm sure a manager with over 40 years in management knows more than a kid like you.

He is good enough, Trap is just an idiot at times.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Some thick cunts on this forum.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:00 pm

He would have got just as much stick from wearing it from the Irish. Personally I don't really mind if people wear them, I think people like McClean who don't wear them have justified reasons but so too do those who wear them.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:58 pm

Don't care, will never take part myself. If I didn't live at home I'd open all of the windows and our the stereo on full when the minute silence is about to start.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:10 pm

AndItsKoren! wrote:Don't care, will never take part myself. If I didn't live at home I'd open all of the windows and our the stereo on full when the minute silence is about to start.

Sick you kid.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:24 am