Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
The Maestro
Carlos Jenkinson
Moose
Bye_Ya
luke.
crump
Bushido
Weather130
Jordan Henderchip
AndItsKoren!
Theo Filippo
Cam
Forest
Novi
Trent
Mal
20 posters

Real Oviedo

Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Real Oviedo - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Oviedo

Post by Cam Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:06 am

How do we have proof of our shares then?
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:07 am

My Mum frequently buys shares and I've researched them a bit before, Bushido.

I'll do a basic overview because it can go into all sorts of detail.

Basically loads of companies have 'shares' to offer to the public, you can buy a share if that company are a 'plc' which stands for Public Limited Company. Barlcays plc, Natwest plc etc. A 'share' is pretty much your slice of pie in the company, you can buy one of these at a price. This price goes up and down, you might see on the news about shares going down in price with banks. If a company isn't performing, losing money or close to going bust these prices will go down like a sinking ship. This is because there is no supply in something that won't be worth much. However, shares can go up if a company is doing really well and making lots of money.

Ignoring this subject for the moment, to make money off shares you usually have to look at a company and buy at the right time for a low price, then you can keep onto these shares for as long as possible, or until you wish to sell them to make a profit. It's risky as it's a bit of guessing, you never know whats round the corner, so you can't be too fussy. Ever see those really busy people on Wall Street? Constantly buying shares and selling them pretty much instantly making money. That's what they're doing.

Here is basically buying a share in a company, which well isn't going well. Although if enough people buy these shares to keep the football club afloat, these can be profitable. So say you buy these shares really cheap, which I imagine they are because this club is on the edge of dying, remember Supply = Demand. The demand is low, the supply is high so there will be a low price. Say this team does amazing, well the demand may rise, and the supply could be low, hence the price will go up. Similar to a player on Ultimate Team if you want to go basic.

If some Eastern European or Sheikh decided to rock up and buy this club and inject £4bn into it, some stuff could happen, I think a number of things are possible so don't quote me. You could be forced to sell your shares as part of the take over for a price higher than what you purchased them for, offered new shares in the company or offered a combination of cash and shares. The share price will usually always go up, because the owner has paid more money to takeover than what the company is currently worth, usually anyway.

A couple years ago I read when that Asian bloke took over Birmingham I think shares were like 20p or something, then because he took them over they went up to 90p, paying more money to take control. Shares went up because the value of the club did due to the amount of money injected.

There's loads of canals into it but I hope that helped.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:12 am

I want to know if they will reach their amount of 2.5m Euros, otherwise there is no point, right?
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:16 am

14 days to go, I'll be pissed if they go bust, it'll be 9 quid wasted
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:17 am

Bushido wrote:I want to know if they will reach their amount of 2.5m Euros, otherwise there is no point, right?

A share? No that would be ridiculous, I am unaware of any share that's ever reached that amount.

Shares are only profitable when the company makes profit, obviously. You can't make money on a share if it goes up in value.

I am a bit rusty but every year all the dividends are paid out to shareholders, I believe this is a boost to the share from what profits they have made in that year, then your share increases in price, which could be when you go sell your share. Although you can sell your share at anytime shares can also go up and down in price at any time.

This example Mal has brought up isn't going to be attracting businessmen in the stock exchange, it's a bit of a light hearted gesture to keep a club alive. Although your share could go up in price, so why not.

The best things about shares is you have 'limited liability' so you can only lose what you invest at the very most.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:19 am

How do I sell my shares though? apologies for making you type this shit up on a Saturday Very Happy
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:29 am

IF YOU WANT A CERTIFICATE OF PROOF OF YOUR SHARES FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

E-mail: info@realoviedo.es with your PayPal or Bank transfer transaction number and address and Real Oviedo will send your shares to your front door.

Spoiler:

Bushido wrote:How do I sell my shares though? apologies for making you type this shit up on a Saturday Very Happy

Usually you purchase shares on a stock exchange website or through a companies website, to sell these you usually go about the same business. If you can't find any details you would probably have to contact the company. I am only 17 so am unable to purchase shares in a company unless they are gifted to me.

There are basically websites where you put the shares on, trading websites obviously and they can be purchased off you.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:34 am

Cam wrote:14 days to go, I'll be pissed if they go bust, it'll be 9 quid wasted

You need to be 18 to buy them. lool
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:34 am

Do I say hello and ask for a certificate in the email or do I literally just post the address and transaction thing?
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:35 am

Templeton7|RFC wrote:

You need to be 18 to buy them. Real Oviedo - Page 2 1735100789

How did you get yours? Were they gifted to you, because that's the only way you can recieve them under the age of 18 I believe, unless you're older than I think.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:35 am

Templeton7|RFC wrote:

I've already bought them? Dunno why that's funny though, Jela?
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:35 am

Cam wrote:Do I say hello and ask for a certificate in the email or do I literally just post the address and transaction thing?

They will be in-undated with these e-mails so just keep it clear.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:35 am

I think I'll make my first signing, Messi. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 am

crump wrote:
    Templeton7|RFC wrote:

You need to be 18 to buy them. Real Oviedo - Page 2 1735100789

How did you get yours? Were they gifted to you, because that's the only way you can recieve them under the age of 18 I believe, unless you're older than I think.

Christmas present.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:37 am

Cam wrote:
    Templeton7|RFC wrote:

Because you aren't even old enough to have paypal, you need to be 18. So you lied?
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:37 am

Bushido wrote:I think I'll make my first signing, Messi. Real Oviedo - Page 2 279869

Nice try, even if you own part of a company as a share-holder, you don't really have much control. I said they have limited liability, well they also kind of have limited actions too. Just because you own a share in Coca-Cola you couldn't walk into the Powerade factory and get free bottles. Shareholders really only have such actions as voting occasionally, attending AGM (Annual General Meetings) and anything else which the company allow.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:38 am

Templeton7|RFC wrote:
    Cam wrote:

Because you aren't even old enough to have paypal, you need to be 18. So you lied?

>Get taken over by a billionaire
    >unable to receive money due to age
    >suicide.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:38 am

Yeah Cam, if you give them your bank account number they probably should cancel your share as that's illegal. They're fucked up the arse so I doubt they'll care though.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:39 am

crump wrote:
    Bushido wrote:I think I'll make my first signing, Messi. Real Oviedo - Page 2 279869

Nice try, even if you own part of a company as a share-holder, you don't really have much control. I said they have limited liability, well they also kind of have limited actions too. Just because you own a share in Coca-Cola you couldn't walk into the Powerade factory and get free bottles. Shareholders really only have such actions as voting occasionally, attending AGM (Annual General Meetings) and anything else which the company allow.

I was joking. Dry Smile Laughing
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:39 am

Bushido wrote:
    crump wrote:

I was joking. Real Oviedo - Page 2 537999 Laughing

I know Laughing

Hope I helped though Smile
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:42 am

crump wrote:
    Bushido wrote:

I was joking. Real Oviedo - Page 2 537999 Laughing

I know Laughing

Hope I helped though Smile

Yeah i did, thanks.

I haven't bought mine yet but I'm going to get 2 I think. 21,000 season ticket holders is impressive, plus they've won 6 in a row to.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:42 am

Templeton7|RFC wrote:
    Cam wrote:

I guess so, cos I have Paypal. Unless you're saying that I lied about buying shares?

Real Oviedo - Page 2 Dafe2b15dac436ef5851097d92cabc17

I'm 18 in one month, I doubt that they'll fucking get bought out before then.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:44 am

They can still cancel them, if they prove you bought them when you were 17.

However, it would be hard to trace if you didn't transfer money between your bank and paypal recently or to buy the shares. Did you?
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:45 am

Cam you fucking fraudster.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:46 am

I don't know, I just used my paypal..

Guys, I honestly don't care, I bought the shares for the novelty. Laughing They can cancel them if they want, I won't lose sleep over it
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:47 am

Then you should be fine.

They will transfer your hundreds into your PayPal account if they ever hit gold.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:48 am

Cam wrote:I don't know, I just used my paypal..

Guys, I honestly don't care, I bought the shares for the novelty. Laughing They can cancel them if they want, I won't lose sleep over it

You'll lose sleep when you're in jail fighting for your life in the shower Laughing

Last edited by Bushido on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:48 am

I won't hold my breath.

Dunno why Jela is trying to be a buzz killington about it though
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:50 am

The website is down shifty
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:51 am

They've gone on lock down cos someone under the age of 18 just bought a share

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:31 pm