Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+60
Yrael
Theo Filippo
Ham.
Harrold
Bye_Ya
PrideOfTheMidlands
JamieB
samiz
menalawyerguy
Grenade
Jord
ShakerMatty
Royal
Schnix
AndItsKoren!
Keanoo
Noel Gallagher
arsenalap11
Barton
MickStupp
Carlos Jenkinson
Forest
JK
Novi
Mr Arnold Durmmond
Scouser_Dave
Kie_LFC
SBSP
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Hitchy
Cam
The Maestro
Glen Miller
ayvee1
Muhkoo
RubyArmyCTFC
The Zlatan
El Jefe
Bushido
Jeff
Childish Logic
VivaRonaldoLAD
Sean
Marvin
Kuled
blackskar
Phadunkin Donuts
El_indian
Andy
hijkhijk
SophisticatedBeggar
Ra's al Ghul
Mal
Walcott
Gegilworld93
luke.
Jordi
AriseForLife
Jordan Henderchip
Mustangt125
64 posters

FIFA 13

Ham.
    Ham.

FIFA 13 - Page 4 Empty Re: FIFA 13

Post by Ham. Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:09 am

Career has started freezing plus the servers have been utter shit for me for 3 days now.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:35 am

Why do goalkeepers only wear short sleeves in the rain..
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:43 am

VivaRonaldoLAD wrote:Why do goalkeepers only wear short sleeves in the rain..

EA Logic.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:40 am

JK wrote:So what's everyone's team and their player's OVR? I'm almost halfway in my first season at Southampton.

Butland (70)
    Clyne (77) - Kirchoff (77) - Yoshida (74) - Shaw (64)
    Ward-Prowse (70) - Zuculini (72)
    Redmond (71) - Ramirez (81) - Lallana (81)
    Mayuka (76)
    Ramirez is the star of the team. Ball control is at 90, dribbling at 88. I'm literally walking past defenders with him. Lallana is also up there, with ball control 85 and dribbling 86. I brought in a few talents (Butland, Kirchhoff, Zuculini and Redmond) as I thought those positions weren't filled up well. Cork and Schneiderlin both get enough minutes, though, as Ward-Prowse and Zuculini quite often get subbed when their stamina hits yellow. Kirchhoff has pretty good passing, so when the opposition is just one down and pressing high up the pitch, I can use him to start a counter attack. Mayuka's pretty lethal. He lacks strength and aerial skills, but he's fast, has good balance and a pretty damn good shot (finishing 80).
    Now I got this thing going on with Clyne (same happened with Oxlade-Chamberlain with my Arsenal career) that he wants a new contract. I give him exactly what is suggested he wants and he rejects. Soon he'll probably start bitching around wanting to go elsewhere. Such a pain in the ass these things. He's got more than three years left on his contract too. Has this ever happened to anyone?
    I'm first in the league, btw. Yes, with this as first team. I play at World Class, adjusted sliders. Guess I'll have to change to Legendary soon, as my goal was to avoid relegation and get to the quarters in the FA Cup (I'm in the semi-finals).

Awesome. I love reading your CM Updates, JK. I haven't had any problems like the one you had with Clyne but Sandro asked for a raise midway through the season for me. He accepted straight away though.

I finished my first season with Tottenham. Got fourth even though the board set me an objective to win the league (a bit unrealistic for Tottenham, no?). I lost in the semi-final of the FA Cup and got demolished by Inter in the first knockout round in the Europa League. I guess I was quite lucky to keep my job but I prefer things to be challenging (I played every single competitive game with the whole thing on Legendary with adjusted sliders). I bought Luis Muriel (god-like stats) as an upgrade for the aging Defoe and Adebayor, and Michel Vorm as cover for Lloris since Friedel retired. Squad looks like this:

Lloris(89)
    Walker(82)_Kaboul(82)_Vertonghen(83)_Assou-Ekotto(79)
    Cabaye(83)_Sandro(81)
    Dembele(83)
    Lennon(82)_Muriel(80)_Bale(89)

Vorm(81)
    Naughton(75)_Dawson(80)_Caulker(77)_Mbaye(74)
    Parker(78)_Huddlestone(78)
    Sigurdsson(79)________Dempsey(83)
    Defoe(81)_Adebayor(82)

Plus Livermore(75), Falque(76) and Rose(75).
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:41 am

Started a new carer mode game as Crewe; gonna try and go full on youth with them and try and keep it all in the youth scouting at some point.

Team is this at the minute though:

Martin
    Mellor - Ellis - Davis - Tootle
    Yennaris
    Murphy - - - Aneke
    Gnabry - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pogba
    Leitch-Smith

Also brought back Powell on loan and then realised the LB is actually a RB and the sub LB is shite Laughing So in Jan I'll be after a LB.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:28 am

I love Powell on this. shifty

About the keepers thing, ones that normally wear short sleeves end up with long sleeves in the rain. facepalm
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:35 am

JK wrote:So what's everyone's team and their player's OVR? I'm almost halfway in my first season at Southampton.

Butland (70)
    Clyne (77) - Kirchoff (77) - Yoshida (74) - Shaw (64)
    Ward-Prowse (70) - Zuculini (72)
    Redmond (71) - Ramirez (81) - Lallana (81)
    Mayuka (76)
    Ramirez is the star of the team. Ball control is at 90, dribbling at 88. I'm literally walking past defenders with him. Lallana is also up there, with ball control 85 and dribbling 86. I brought in a few talents (Butland, Kirchhoff, Zuculini and Redmond) as I thought those positions weren't filled up well. Cork and Schneiderlin both get enough minutes, though, as Ward-Prowse and Zuculini quite often get subbed when their stamina hits yellow. Kirchhoff has pretty good passing, so when the opposition is just one down and pressing high up the pitch, I can use him to start a counter attack. Mayuka's pretty lethal. He lacks strength and aerial skills, but he's fast, has good balance and a pretty damn good shot (finishing 80).
    Now I got this thing going on with Clyne (same happened with Oxlade-Chamberlain with my Arsenal career) that he wants a new contract. I give him exactly what is suggested he wants and he rejects. Soon he'll probably start bitching around wanting to go elsewhere. Such a pain in the ass these things. He's got more than three years left on his contract too. Has this ever happened to anyone?
    I'm first in the league, btw. Yes, with this as first team. I play at World Class, adjusted sliders. Guess I'll have to change to Legendary soon, as my goal was to avoid relegation and get to the quarters in the FA Cup (I'm in the semi-finals).
    You are superb. not worthy Ramirez is just incredible.
    It's a bug. Hopefully the patch that will one day hit us will fix it.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:42 am

Happens if you edit a player in CM too.

I changed Young and Rooney (no idea why they think Young wears short sleeves Neutral) to long sleeves permanently, but they change to short sleeves in the rain.

Why can't you give them underarmour too? Dry Smile
    JK
    JK

Supports : Arsenal

Post by JK Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:19 am

BladeGunner wrote:Awesome. I love reading your CM Updates, JK. I haven't had any problems like the one you had with Clyne but Sandro asked for a raise midway through the season for me. He accepted straight away though.

I finished my first season with Tottenham. Got fourth even though the board set me an objective to win the league (a bit unrealistic for Tottenham, no?). I lost in the semi-final of the FA Cup and got demolished by Inter in the first knockout round in the Europa League. I guess I was quite lucky to keep my job but I prefer things to be challenging (I played every single competitive game with the whole thing on Legendary with adjusted sliders). I bought Luis Muriel (god-like stats) as an upgrade for the aging Defoe and Adebayor, and Michel Vorm as cover for Lloris since Friedel retired. Squad looks like this:

Lloris(89)
    Walker(82)_Kaboul(82)_Vertonghen(83)_Assou-Ekotto(79)
    Cabaye(83)_Sandro(81)
    Dembele(83)
    Lennon(82)_Muriel(80)_Bale(89)

Vorm(81)
    Naughton(75)_Dawson(80)_Caulker(77)_Mbaye(74)
    Parker(78)_Huddlestone(78)
    Sigurdsson(79)________Dempsey(83)
    Defoe(81)_Adebayor(82)
    Plus Livermore(75), Falque(76) and Rose(75).

Thanks mate! Yeah, I had the same thing you had with Sandro. Somehow both times it has happened with me, they rejected the offer. Guess it's just bad luck. Clyne has grown quite well, though. He could do a job at a top club now.

Glad you've found Muriel! He's freakingly good. He's like Mayuka, but with ball control and dribbling. I brought him in at Valencia once, proved to be a beast, as expected. High potential too.

Your team looks good, although it's Spurs. Nah, it's just FIFA, so I forgive you. How are Vertonghen and Dembélé? I guess they've screwed Vertonghen's speed up, as they always do with Vermaelen. You could do with a quality left back. Maybe Criscito or M'Bengué? M'Baye becomes a pretty damn good LB though, so you're probably sorted.

Jordi wrote:You are superb. FIFA 13 - Page 4 914411 Ramirez is just incredible..

Thanks man. I know right! He's awesome as second striker. Top goalscorer in my CM too.

I'm not going to buy any player in January. When I hit Europe in season two, I'll need some more players, probably a new winger, a new CB and full back. Gonna shortlist players soon, so I don't forget about them.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:38 pm

Assist with my Pro on Clubs.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/139226327

We started the division with 1 point in the first 3 matches, and 3pts after 5, but we won the last 5 in a row and finished one point shy of the title.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:11 pm

I hope you are California and not Skeet. oh god why
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Ché Guayaba wrote:I hope you are California and not Skeet. oh god why
    Laughing Yeah I'm California. I get more joy in getting a new stadium and thinking of a name, than actually playing the game. I always name the stadium after something specific to California.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:39 pm

SophisticatedBeggar wrote:Assist with my Pro on Clubs.

We started the division with 1 point in the first 3 matches, and 3pts after 5, but we won the last 5 in a row and finished one point shy of the title.

lovely Smile. With some of the people I've played with they would never think about passing that.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:18 pm

El_indian wrote:
    SophisticatedBeggar wrote:Assist with my Pro on Clubs.

lovely Smile. With some of the people I've played with they would never think about passing that.

I really liked that goal. Other than the assist I gave, the play started slowly about 10 passes before the replay allows to be seen. Hope they sort out the replay theater in next years game.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:07 pm

El_indian wrote:FIFA 13 - Page 4 Mata10

did nobody see this amazing screenshot I took?
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Bought Adrian for £11m, played 2 games, got 2 goals and an assist and got injured Sad broken ankle out for 3 month Neutral

Brought in Guidetti on loan to cover him while he's out.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:49 pm

You'll probably end up trying to buy Guidetti lool

Great player.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:08 am

Mark Schwarzer wears long sleaves.
    blackskar wrote:Bought Adrian for £11m, played 2 games, got 2 goals and an assist and got injured FIFA 13 - Page 4 1371890812 broken ankle out for 3 month Neutral

Brought in Guidetti on loan to cover him while he's out.
    Mattia de Sciglio is a beast, check him out.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:02 am

FFS, I can't play seasons because it stays in the practice arena forever.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:55 am

Playing clubs, it's 2-2 near the 75th minute, and the opposition make a bad pass that heads straight to the goalkeeper. As the keeper is picking the ball up, one of the CPU controlled defenders decides to take down their forward in the box. We lost 3-2 facepalm
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:25 am

Ps3 freezes in the stupid menu ALL the time.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:38 am

I think it's a rule or something that the ref has to clash with your opponents shirt.

Played 3 games and all 3 games it looked like my opponent had an extra man in midfield.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:46 am

Ché Guayaba wrote:I think it's a rule or something that the ref has to clash with your opponents shirt.

Played 3 games and all 3 games it looked like my opponent had an extra man in midfield.

Any chance he was was employed by the scottish football association? If so, you may just be right.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:50 am

R.I.P California F.C Sad

It was only two of us, so the CPU teammates were costing us too many points. Decided we, my cousin and I, should leave it and join a bigger club.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:35 pm

I love making a custom league tournament with all the top international teams and controlling all of them. I play 2 games a week with different teams and keep track of the teams I face and the teams I play with so I face everyone and play with everyone an even amount of times.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:34 pm

Christ. Played Southampton and it was chipped through balls goalore Neutral Never seen a team on FIFA 13 use them so often. Didn't help that my defenders were constantly static and the player switch is a broken mess Neutral

Still won 4-2 though smug
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:56 pm

you guys need to make custom formations and set the CB's and Fullbacks' defensive workrate to high.

This is a must for me.

I also set my CDM (Lucas) with a high defensive workrate and low attacking workrate...

The default values are stupid, they often have CB's and Fullback's bombing up-field.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:29 pm

Even then your defence still ends up all over the place, especially with lobbed through balls. I've lost count of the amount of times my CDM is in the final thrid of my oppenents despite me setting him to low attack. But yeah, in general it does help.

blackskar wrote:Christ. Played Southampton and it was chipped through balls goalore Neutral Never seen a team on FIFA 13 use them so often. Didn't help that my defenders were constantly static and the player switch is a broken mess Neutral

Still won 4-2 though FIFA 13 - Page 4 601554
    I thought it was just me and my setting for swtiching players when lobbed through balls are played was set to the wrong one. Every single person who uses 5 star teams does that, it's annoying. Got to the point where I've started playing with a sweeper, surprise surprise I've won every match so far.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:41 pm

Yeah it's helps a little but the fact remains that the defensive AI is atrocious.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:43 pm

Yeah I have auto switching for air balls only, and I have it set to high so that it instantly selects the player closest to the area in which the ball will land.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content