Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

The LADventures of Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool and beyond!!

Forest
    Forest

The LADventures of Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool and beyond!! Empty The LADventures of Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool and beyond!!

Post by Forest Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:39 am

The LADventures of Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool and beyond!! 966415-brendan-rogers

The LADventures of Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool and beyond!! 100513d1282235624-shearer-local-hero-sky-sports-news-logoBREAKING NEWS: Brendan Rodgers replaces Kenny Dalglish as manager of Liverpool
    Forest
    Forest

The LADventures of Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool and beyond!! Empty Re: The LADventures of Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool and beyond!!

Post by Forest Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:56 am

The LADventures of Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool and beyond!! Guardian-logo

Rodgers: I'll bring a fresh approach to the club

Brendan Rodgers gave his first press conference as the new manager of Liverpool Football Club today, after leaving Swansea City to take over the Anfield job. There has been mixed reaction to the appointment of Rodgers however; with some fans coming to Anfield from as far as Scotland to protest against the appointment. One of the protesters was Alan, 39. We couldn't get him to string a sentence together however, so instead we were faced with an unemployed Scotsman in his replica Liverpool jersey and Gola jogging pants, pointing to the back of his shirt which had 'Dalglish 7' printed on it. Alan, along with the other protesters were clearly angered by the decision to sack the Liverpool legend, Dalglish.

The LADventures of Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool and beyond!! Kenny-dalglish-brendan-rodgers-460-483771349

Unaware of this discontent from a minority of Liverpool supporters, Brendan Rodgers was very critical of the man he has replaced at Anfield. Rodgers said "I know Kenny was a great player for the club, probably the second greatest in this clubs history, behind Ballon d'or winner Michael Owen. But as a manager, he doesn't rank too highly. I know he won the Carling Cup last season, but he played a second division side from Wales in the final, and only scraped the win on penalties. He's also left me with a bunch of overpriced spastics in my squad, which is something i'll have to address. The likes of Jordan Henderson and Andy Carroll will never play for this club again whilst i'm in charge. I plan to bring a fresh approach to the club. I'm looking for young, talented players who like to keep the ball on the ground. We'll be a fluid side this season, and very easy on the eye. I promise you that. I think the league is a little out of our reach this year, but next year is our year. We'll definitely be challenging for the FA Cup and Capital One Cup, and hopefully we can get as far as possible in the Europa League, although I plan on fielding the kids in those games to give them a bit of experience."

Rodgers remained calm and assured throughout the whole interview, and gave indications that he clearly is the right man for the job. But this job is Liverpool, and anything can happen in the space of a few months.
    Anonymous

The LADventures of Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool and beyond!! Empty Re: The LADventures of Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool and beyond!!

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:13 am

I hope you're purposely going to ruin the club.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:26 am

lool
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:07 am

This is ridiculously unfunny
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:28 am

This has also not even begun yet. How ridiculous!
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 am

Just my prediction.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:27 am