Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Mouse
Forest
CollieBuddz
menalawyerguy
El_indian
Phadunkin Donuts
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Carlos Jenkinson
El Jefe
ayvee1
Zzonked
SophisticatedBeggar
Jord
Trent
dena
ConorCelticFC
arsenalap11
Andy
TheRangersFan
Ra's al Ghul
Kuled
25 posters

Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

Poll

Who do you think?

[ 3 ]
    Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Bar_left30%Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Bar_right [30%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Bar_left20%Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Bar_left30%Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Bar_right [30%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Bar_left10%Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Bar_left10%Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Bar_left0%Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 10
    Anonymous

Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Empty Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:34 pm

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:I did lure you in, no need to expand on that. You know it deep down, and that is all that matters to me.

Well you seem very certain about that but I can honestly swear on my life that I have no idea how you can be right.
    No need to swear on your life, I have no intent of making this so personal. It's not a big deal really, shit happens.

Chris wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:I can post my picture if such a big deal is going to be made of it. Not topless though, I'm sorry. This is a one time thing. As for my comments, I'm a sarcastic guy on here. Either you were too thick to register that then, or you ignored that in order to add it to your agenda. Why the anger?

Spoiler:
    Well that was easy, misc engage!

Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Wbvy2v

Very nice! This is the start of something great.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Empty Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

Post by ConorCelticFC Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:43 am

Di Caprio and Pitt would not be considered among the greatest actors of their generation if they weren't good looking. They wouldn't have even got 5% of the roles they have had over the years.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:49 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Oh I suppose you would prefer some baby faced phaggot like Leonardo DiCaprio.

Well he is not on the same level as the men in this poll.

DiCaprio has way more talent than Jason Statham. Statham plays the same monotone character in every single film. He delivers his lines in the exact same breathy tone of voice regardless of the situation or emotional state of his character. He has no range whatsoever. He's just a cardboard cutout who stars in blockbusters that draw big numbers because they have a lot of action and they blow stuff up.

How about somebody with some actual range, like Daniel Day Lewis?
    Jason Statham plays the roles he is expected to perfectly. A cool tough guy who kicks ass and takes names. Leonardo DiCaprio could never come off as such a man because he has the face of a 5 year old.

Also, Statham can do this..

That is a real fight btw.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:59 am

Chris wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:

DiCaprio has way more talent than Jason Statham. Statham plays the same monotone character in every single film. He delivers his lines in the exact same breathy tone of voice regardless of the situation or emotional state of his character. He has no range whatsoever. He's just a cardboard cutout who stars in blockbusters that draw big numbers because they have a lot of action and they blow stuff up.

Jason Statham plays the roles he is expected to perfectly. A cool tough guy who kicks ass and takes names. Leonardo DiCaprio could never come off as such a man because he has the face of a 5 year old.

That proves my point. Stathum plays the same character in every movie: a monotone tough guy who's expression, emotional disposition and voice inflection never changes. DiCaprio plays a far greater range of roles than Statham would ever be asked to play. He obviously wouldn't pull off the one-dimensional tough guy as well as Statham would but he did pull of a pretty hard-nosed undercover cop from South Boston in The Departed with extremely convincing effect.

btw, could you imagine Statham trying to play Howard Hughes?

Chuck Norris can fight too. Shit actor, though.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:04 am

Chris wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:

Maaaan... rofl

Statham and those Expendable guys are the most one dimensional dudes in film.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:09 am

Agree completely with mena, surprisingly enough.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:13 am

Chuck Norris has always been shit apart from one role he played..

And Dena.. the main guy in The Expendables is Sylvester Stallone. He has been nominated for many awards including Golden Globes, Bafta's and an Oscar. He even did the movie "Copland" for barely anything to prove he is not just an action hero.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:42 am

Chris wrote:Chuck Norris has always been shit apart from one role he played..

And Dena.. the main guy in The Expendables is Sylvester Stallone. He has been nominated for many awards including Golden Globes, Bafta's and an Oscar. He even did the movie "Copland" for barely anything to prove he is not just an action hero.

One Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor, one BAFTA nomination for Best Actor and one Academy Award nomination for Best Actor all for the same role... And he's the only one out of The Expendables cast (except Mickey Rourke and maybe at a push Bruce Willis) who have any sort of merit to their name with regards to acting ability. The rest are all appalling actors. Even Stallone isn't a very good actor. Look how many Razzie nominations he has. Laughing

But you're trolling anyway so I probably shouldn't waste my time.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:15 am

Really didn't like the Expendables, was just like an action wank off right in your face. They tried to add a plot but I seem to remember a 10 minute conversation with Mickey Rourke and Stallone where I couldn't understand anything and they just looked like their faces were about to melt off.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:59 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    Chris wrote:Chuck Norris has always been shit apart from one role he played..

One Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor, one BAFTA nomination for Best Actor and one Academy Award nomination for Best Actor all for the same role... And he's the only one out of The Expendables cast (except Mickey Rourke and maybe at a push Bruce Willis) who have any sort of merit to their name with regards to acting ability. The rest are all appalling actors. Even Stallone isn't a very good actor. Look how many Razzie nominations he has. Laughing

I disagree. It is much harder to pull of being a legit action star like Stallone in blockbuster after blockbuster, than it is to act like a homosexual old man and bore the audience to death like Leonardo Dicaprio does in J Edgar.

Zzonked wrote:Really didn't like the Expendables, was just like an action wank off right in your face. They tried to add a plot but I seem to remember a 10 minute conversation with Mickey Rourke and Stallone where I couldn't understand anything and they just looked like their faces were about to melt off.
    If you can't understand these 2 great men speaking, it was probably because your ear hair had grown too thick whilst watching the testosterone filled action scene's.

Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:12 am

Chris wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

I disagree. It is much harder to pull of being a legit action star like Stallone in blockbuster after blockbuster, than it is to act like a homosexual old man and bore the audience to death like Leonardo Dicaprio does in J Edgar.

Lol, blockbuster after blockbuster? Like the second highest grossing film of all time? Like Inception, Shutter Island, The Departed, Romeo and Juliet, Blood Diamond and Catch Me If You Can? Even more dramatic films like The Aviator and Gangs of New York did well at the box office. Not to mention that they were all actually good movies as opposed to most of the crap that Stallone makes. At the age of 37 he's already a more successful and better actor than most of these clowns you revere will ever be.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:13 am

Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Fa3
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:16 am

dena wrote:Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Fa3

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:44 am

rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:45 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    Chris wrote:

Lol, blockbuster after blockbuster? Like the second highest grossing film of all time? Like Inception, Shutter Island, The Departed, Romeo and Juliet, Blood Diamond and Catch Me If You Can? Even more dramatic films like The Aviator and Gangs of New York did well at the box office. Not to mention that they were all actually good movies as opposed to most of the crap that Stallone makes. At the age of 37 he's already a more successful and better actor than most of these clowns you revere will ever be.
    If Jason Statham had took his role in most of those films, they would be much better. Although I will agree with you there are some great movies in that list, not because of DiCaprio though.. because of the script and great directing.

Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 MnvEI
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:20 am

Van Damme is the greatest actor of all time.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:33 am

Tell me you don't take roids Chris.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:42 am

Chris wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

If Jason Statham had took his role in most of those films, they would be much better. Although I will agree with you there are some great movies in that list, not because of DiCaprio though.. because of the script and great directing.

Looks like the guy who ate that vatos face off in Miami
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:43 am

Chris wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

rofl rofl rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:48 am

You are seriously the best member on this forum. rofl
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:14 am

Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Tumblr_m31wk5C0XA1rp7jwoo1_1280
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Keanoo Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:20 am

Ryan Gosling.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:53 am

Adam Sandler.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:58 am

In all seriousness, Dylan Moran or Jason Gann. There aren't really any Walkens or De Niros or Al Pacinos from this generation. The nearest one to that status is Bale for me.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:01 am

Keanoo wrote:Ryan Gosling.

Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 2d2i2dx
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:18 am

There are plenty of very talented actors out there at the moment. I've already mentioned Daniel Day-Lewis and he's undoubtedly one of the greatest actors ever. If we're talking at around that age then there are others like Russell Crowe, Viggo Mortensen, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Javier Bardem who are all very accomplished. Younger than that and you've got the likes of Christian Bale, Michael Fassbender and Joaquin Phoenix but their careers are still very young so it's not exactly fair to compare them to greats like De Niro and Pacino.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:20 am

William Rufus Shafter for sure.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:21 am

Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Daniel-day-lewis-looks-mournful-in-first-one-sheet-for-steven-spielberg-lincoln
    Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Christian-bale
    Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Schindlers-List-Fiennes_l
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:24 am

BladeGunner wrote:There are plenty of very talented actors out there at the moment. I've already mentioned Daniel Day-Lewis and he's undoubtedly one of the greatest actors ever. If we're talking at around that age then there are others like Russell Crowe, Viggo Mortensen, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Javier Bardem who are all very accomplished. Younger than that and you've got the likes of Christian Bale, Michael Fassbender and Joaquin Phoenix but their careers are still very young so it's not exactly fair to compare them to greats like De Niro and Pacino.

Aye but Brando was still Brando when he was young, know what I mean? Same with De Niro and Pacino. I think it's fair to say that Fassbender, Phoenix and Bale will never reach that level. Phoenix was brilliant in Walk The Line to be fair, very underrated.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:25 am

kyro7 wrote:William Rufus Shafter for sure.

Laughing

SophisticatedBeggar wrote:
    Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 3 Schindlers-List-Fiennes_l

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees. Ralph Fiennes is a god. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. His performance in Schindler's List is probably my favourite performance of all time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:30 am