Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Mouse
Forest
CollieBuddz
menalawyerguy
El_indian
Phadunkin Donuts
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Carlos Jenkinson
El Jefe
ayvee1
Zzonked
SophisticatedBeggar
Jord
Trent
dena
ConorCelticFC
arsenalap11
Andy
TheRangersFan
Ra's al Ghul
Kuled
25 posters

Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

Poll

Who do you think?

[ 3 ]
    Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 2 Bar_left30%Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 2 Bar_right [30%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 2 Bar_left20%Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 2 Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 2 Bar_left30%Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 2 Bar_right [30%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 2 Bar_left10%Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 2 Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 2 Bar_left10%Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 2 Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 2 Bar_left0%Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 10
    Anonymous

Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:35 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:
    Oh no! I've already been unmasked several times in any case; sorry to stop that well-delivered blow. Are you still burning inside after our last argument caused you to look...fairly bad?

Unmasked? Laughing Now I'm just imagining some sinister burned supervillain thing.

Our last argument? Me choosing to come back made me look bad, yes. Nothing you did ever can or will. Enjoy Chester btw.
    You choosing to try and make me look bad backfired on your kindly self. And imagining that would just be silly. Besides, can you rise above the trite internet insults? There's no need for guesswork on how I look; what would that contribute to anything on here but your lack of originality?
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

Post by ConorCelticFC Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:43 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:

Unmasked? Laughing Now I'm just imagining some sinister burned supervillain thing.

Our last argument? Me choosing to come back made me look bad, yes. Nothing you did ever can or will. Enjoy Chester btw.
    You choosing to try and make me look bad backfired on your kindly self. And imagining that would just be silly. Besides, can you rise above the trite internet insults? There's no need for guesswork on how I look; what would that contribute to anything on here but your lack of originality?

Yes, but it had nothing to do with you - my hypocrisy was my own doing. Why are you taking credit for it?

Also, the act of using terms like 'your kindly self' is wearing thin - you're not Stephen Fry, you're going to fucking Chester.

ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:44 am

When were you 'unmasked' by the way?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:00 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:You choosing to try and make me look bad backfired on your kindly self. And imagining that would just be silly. Besides, can you rise above the trite internet insults? There's no need for guesswork on how I look; what would that contribute to anything on here but your lack of originality?

Yes, but it had nothing to do with you - my hypocrisy was my own doing. Why are you taking credit for it?

Also, the act of using terms like 'your kindly self' is wearing thin - you're not Stephen Fry, you're going to fucking Chester.

It had everything to do with me; I lured you in quite nicely. I am not Stephen Fry, I am going to fucking Chester: both true. But I fail to see how that is combined into an attack on me, am I just going to have to continue to face down such levels of insults? I could ignore, but I'm happy to diminish you further.
    Unfortunately you might not see it that way, pity.

I was unmasked by myself, in a sense, round about a year ago. No-one saw fit to attack then; hopefully that means I'm safe. God forbid I have to take the Jamie route. Now good night.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:01 am

Chester is a really nice city...
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:02 am

Chester is posh
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:03 am

Zzonked wrote:Chester is a really nice city...
    This Laughing

Wondering why Conor is acting like it's not a nice place. :S
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:07 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:

It had everything to do with me; I lured you in quite nicely. I am not Stephen Fry, I am going to fucking Chester: both true. But I fail to see how that is combined into an attack on me, am I just going to have to continue to face down such levels of insults? I could ignore, but I'm happy to diminish you further.

I was unmasked by myself, in a sense, round about a year ago. No-one saw fit to attack then; hopefully that means I'm safe. God forbid I have to take the Jamie route. Now good night.

The fact that you use the expression 'diminish you further' says it all. Striving so desperately for eloquence and yet achieving only the contrived.

Anyway, lured me in? Did you fuck. The only reason I look bad is that I came back after saying I wouldn't. And as far as I'm aware you didn't lure me into coming back? I don't really care in any case - I know I act like a pedantic, spiteful arsehole on here. I use the forum for that express purpose.

Got a link for that picture anyway? Just out of curiosity?
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:09 am

Chester is a shite uni. I know I'm acting like a dick to demean anyone who goes there but with Eternal Witcher's pseudo-intellectual carry-on I felt he had to be taken down a notch.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:10 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:You choosing to try and make me look bad backfired on your kindly self. And imagining that would just be silly. Besides, can you rise above the trite internet insults? There's no need for guesswork on how I look; what would that contribute to anything on here but your lack of originality?

rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:44 am

Zzonked wrote:Robert De Niro, Jack Nicholson, Morgan Freeman, Ryan Gosling, Sean Connery, someone like that...

I really like Christian Bale out of the younger current ones. Seems really committed to every character he plays and has a pretty big range too.
    We are talking actors who only started in the late 90's or after.

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:

Eternal often says thing's bigging himself up, he has told me "I could put you on the ground" before and also "I have bigger arm's than you". It's hilarious, like in this thread he says i'm a pansy.. yet he is the one who back's nothing he says up and is scared to even post a photo.

Strong evidence that he is an ugly weakling.
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:48 pm

Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 2 Leonardo+Dicaprio+Titanic
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Jason my d00d.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:35 pm

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:It had everything to do with me; I lured you in quite nicely. I am not Stephen Fry, I am going to fucking Chester: both true. But I fail to see how that is combined into an attack on me, am I just going to have to continue to face down such levels of insults? I could ignore, but I'm happy to diminish you further.

The fact that you use the expression 'diminish you further' says it all. Striving so desperately for eloquence and yet achieving only the contrived.

Anyway, lured me in? Did you fuck. The only reason I look bad is that I came back after saying I wouldn't. And as far as I'm aware you didn't lure me into coming back? I don't really care in any case - I know I act like a pedantic, spiteful arsehole on here. I use the forum for that express purpose.

Got a link for that picture anyway? Just out of curiosity?
    You're still trying to form attacks out of the slightest things. I type fancy sometimes? It's a natural impulse, and I don't see how it's contrived. It's not meant to be arrogant, not really. You can keep pointing out my attempts at eloquence if you want, but then there'll be no end to this. And that won't help your anger, which does seem to be real, not contrived.

I did lure you in, no need to expand on that. You know it deep down, and that is all that matters to me.

Chris wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:Robert De Niro, Jack Nicholson, Morgan Freeman, Ryan Gosling, Sean Connery, someone like that...

I really like Christian Bale out of the younger current ones. Seems really committed to every character he plays and has a pretty big range too.
    We are talking actors who only started in the late 90's or after.

Eternal often says thing's bigging himself up, he has told me "I could put you on the ground" before and also "I have bigger arm's than you". It's hilarious, like in this thread he says i'm a pansy.. yet he is the one who back's nothing he says up and is scared to even post a photo.

Strong evidence that he is an ugly weakling.
    I can post my picture if such a big deal is going to be made of it. Not topless though, I'm sorry. This is a one time thing. As for my comments, I'm a sarcastic guy on here. Either you were too thick to register that then, or you ignored that in order to add it to your agenda. Why the anger?

Spoiler:
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:58 pm

absolutely not how I pictured you
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Chris wrote:
    Andy wrote:Some of these don't even come close. Awful poll.
    Oh I suppose you would prefer some baby faced phaggot like Leonardo DiCaprio.

Well he is not on the same level as the men in this poll.

DiCaprio has way more talent than Jason Statham. Statham plays the same monotone character in every single film. He delivers his lines in the exact same breathy tone of voice regardless of the situation or emotional state of his character. He has no range whatsoever. He's just a cardboard cutout who stars in blockbusters that draw big numbers because they have a lot of action and they blow stuff up.

How about somebody with some actual range, like Daniel Day Lewis?
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:33 pm

No Nicholas Cage?

You shouldn't be allowed to discuss movies.

menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:40 pm

CollieBuddz wrote:No Nicholas Cage?

No. He's starred in way too many crappy movies.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Eternal Witcher wrote:I did lure you in, no need to expand on that. You know it deep down, and that is all that matters to me.

Well you seem very certain about that but I can honestly swear on my life that I have no idea how you can be right.

Last edited by ConorCelticFC on Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:45 pm

How this man has only won one academy award is beyond me.

CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:47 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:
    CollieBuddz wrote:No Nicholas Cage?

No. He's starred in way too many crappy movies.

Fucking blasphemy. No film graced with the presence Nic Cage can be called crappy.

He made the Wicker man and Ghost rider into respectable movies.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:11 pm

One of his finest moments.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:12 pm

BladeGunner wrote:

One of his finest moments.

Cry

You feel his emotion in every scene.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:56 pm

Edward Norton and Brad Pitt are up there. I also like Kevin Spacey (American Beauty, The Usual Suspects)..

Mat Damon & Robin Williams in Good Will Hunting not worthy
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:00 pm

Alright, let's cut the crap everybody. We all know that the best actor of our generation is Sergio Busquets. Who could forget his performance in The Whining?

Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 2 1272484664010
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Eternal Witcher wrote:I can post my picture if such a big deal is going to be made of it. Not topless though, I'm sorry. This is a one time thing. As for my comments, I'm a sarcastic guy on here. Either you were too thick to register that then, or you ignored that in order to add it to your agenda. Why the anger?

Spoiler:
    Well that was easy, misc engage!

Greatest Actor Of Our Generation - Page 2 Wbvy2v
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:17 pm

El_indian wrote:Edward Norton and Brad Pitt are up there. I also like Kevin Spacey (American Beauty, The Usual Suspects)..

I feel like Brad Pitt is too good looking to ever get taken seriously as an actor.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:21 pm

Zzonked wrote:
    El_indian wrote:Edward Norton and Brad Pitt are up there. I also like Kevin Spacey (American Beauty, The Usual Suspects)..

I feel like Brad Pitt is too good looking to ever get taken seriously as an actor.

Benjamin Button, Moneyball, The Tree of Life and Seven are pretty good "serious" performances.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:25 pm

dena wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

Benjamin Button, Moneyball, The Tree of Life and Seven are pretty good "serious" performances.

I'm not saying he's a bad actor, I just feel people will always think of him as a hollywood hunk before a proper actor. I quite enjoy his films, seen all the ones you said and they're all pretty good.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:29 pm

I get what you were saying. Despite the movies I listed I'll always think of Inglorious Basterds, Fight Club, Mr. and Mrs. Smith and the Ocean series first when thinking of him as an actor, he does those casual roles really well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:15 pm