Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Trent
menalawyerguy
Jordan Henderchip
fluffy_kittens
Weather130
TheRangersFan
Sean
ShakerMatty
Forest
13 posters

Rangers want to buy Bury and replace them

Forest
    Forest

Rangers want to buy Bury and replace them Empty Rangers want to buy Bury and replace them

Post by Forest Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:59 am

RANGERS are looking at an astonishing plan to buy out League One club Bury — so they can play in England.

The Scottish club were bought last week by Charles Green for £6million but are in liquidation.

Rangers could face starting next season in Scottish Division Three — if SPL clubs vote next month against their bid to be allowed back in this term.

Green is looking at other options, including buying Bury and playing English league games in Glasgow.

They would want to start immediately by taking up Bury’s fixtures for next season.

The Greater Manchester club kick off with a home game against Brentford on August 18.

There is strong opposition to Rangers being invited back into the Scottish Premier League.

The SPL fixture list currently has ‘Club 12’ listed until the other 11 clubs vote on July 4.

Rangers do not want to start right at the bottom of the Scottish professional leagues and have long been touted for a place south of the border, along with Old Firm rivals Celtic.

A source told SunSport: “Yes, Rangers really are thinking about this.

“They are in a position at the moment where they have no idea what the future holds.

“They don’t know whether they will be in the SPL next season and do not want to go to the bottom of the ladder.

“Acquiring an English club would get them the foothold they have always wanted down south.”

It is not clear whether the amazing plan to buy is even allowed under Football League rules in England or Scotland.

But there are precedents with Welsh club Swansea playing in the English Premier League and rivals Cardiff in the Championship.

Berwick is actually a town in England but their football team plays in Scottish Division Three.

Also, Wimbledon moved 60 miles north to Milton Keynes before being renamed Milton Keynes Dons in 2004.

Bury fans are sure to be furious at the suggestions to take their club more than 200 miles north.
    Anonymous

Rangers want to buy Bury and replace them Empty Re: Rangers want to buy Bury and replace them

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:01 am

inb4ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Rangers want to buy Bury and replace them Empty Re: Rangers want to buy Bury and replace them

Post by ShakerMatty Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:15 am

They can stick their fucking haggus up their arse.
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:16 am

Why Bury? Laughing
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:20 am

I have no idea, I am so confused.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:23 am

They can fuck off, I'd rather Bury send Colchester down into League Two then have to play them cunts!
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:32 am

Gatsby wrote:Why Bury? Laughing

When you're making shit up it doesn't have to have logic or reason behind it. Portsmouth would have made more sense, but that's too obvious.
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:36 am

That's just crazy shit to make up though Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:39 am

TheRangersFan wrote:
    Gatsby wrote:Why Bury? Laughing

When you're making shit up it doesn't have to have logic or reason behind it. Portsmouth would have made more sense, but that's too obvious.
    Rangers want to buy Bury and replace them ICE49KJGLCA8t
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:39 am

Would the FA even allow that?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:42 am

What a steaming pile of shite. Can we just get this straight. Rangers are dead.

Bury chairman Brian Fenton said on Wednesday night: “We have had no contact with Charles Green or Rangers Football Club.”

rofl
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:08 pm

If Rangers are forced to play in the Scottish Division Three I could see it being possible that that they could win every game without letting a single goal in the back of their net.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Weather130 wrote:If Rangers are forced to play in the Scottish Division Three I could see it being possible that that they could win every game without letting a single goal in the back of their net.

wont all their good players be sold by then though because of their financial situation?
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:45 pm

There is a Scottish Division Three facepalm
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:38 pm

Thanks for the information.
    Is there a particular reason
    why
    the entire OP is center justified?
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Our directors have said the two things below. To be fair it does sound like Rangers actually approached us..

With reference to various reports within the media over the last 24 hours, the board of directors would like to issue the following statement.

"Whilst investment into Bury Football Club is always welcome, any offer of investment will only be viewed at taking the club forward in its only one guise possible -based in the town of Bury, and as Bury Football Club.

Bury FC is a proud historical club, and as such proudly represents the town, community, people, and above all supporters of Bury. The directors of Bury FC place the integrity and morality of the club, and football as a whole, way above and beyond any possible financial gain, and as such wish to reassure all Shakers fans of this fact."

BURY FC BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Money may have corrupted many things in life, but Bury fans can rest easy in that Bury FC will NEVER EVER sell out the town, it's club, or it's supporters. Bury not in Bury is not Bury anymore, END OF STORY!
    ·
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:11 pm

Pretty sure if they offer them a boatload of dough, they'll sell.
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:01 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:
    why

I was trying to put it in that quite box, realised I clicked the wrong button after sending it, then couldn't be arsed to change it
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Forest wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:
    why

I was trying to put it in that quite box, realised I clicked the wrong button after sending it, then couldn't be arsed to change it

I like it.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:08 pm

In fact, I think everybody should post in right justified from now on.
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:09 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:
    Forest wrote:

I like it.

Thank you
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:11 pm

What a Face
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:05 pm

This whole thing seems stupid to me, we can't lose Bury In League One.
    Radford
    Radford

Post by Radford Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:41 pm

Rangers can seriously go bust forever, slimey cunts can start in the Northern Premier League! Bury are a good old traditional ENGLISH football club, how dare Rangers try and fucking buy them out.

Mad
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:51 pm

Trent wrote:This whole thing seems stupid to me, we can't lose Bury In League One.

Can't lose our derby for next season. Wink

Blue Square wrote:Rangers can seriously go bust forever, slimey cunts can start in the Northern Premier League! Bury are a good old traditional ENGLISH football club, how dare Rangers try and fucking buy them out.

Mad

I would be very annoyed being a fan of your club how they thought they could just come in at the third league of England.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:00 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:Pretty sure if they offer them a boatload of dough, they'll sell.

This. Only an idiot talks about how willing he is to sell.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:02 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:Pretty sure if they offer them a boatload of dough, they'll sell.

Not denying this, football is all about money.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:18 pm

ShakerMatty wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

Not denying this, football is all about money.

I would substitute the word football for 'life'. shifty
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:24 pm

I'd be astonished if it happened, I'm still not taking the reports seriously.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:27 pm

Why even give this type of bullshit coverage?

Mike Hall ‏@mikehallitv
    Just interviewed the Bury FC chairman on the Rangers takeover reports. It's total nonsense as expected. Video to follow shortly #shakers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:48 pm