Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Hull City takeover completed

Anonymous

Hull City takeover completed Empty Hull City takeover completed

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:16 pm

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/sport/HULL-CITY-EXCLUSIVE-STATEMENT-NEW-OWNERS/article-2861458-detail/article.html

HULL City and new owners Assem and Ehab Allam have confirmed a takeover deal has been agreed in a statement to the Mail. It is the first offical statement from both parties on the matter and it sees the Allams pledge to take over the clubs debts – thought to be more than £20m and fund new signings in the January transfer window. The statement reads: Businessmen Assem and Ehab Allam have agreed a Heads of Terms arrangement with Hull City owner Russell Bartlett to take a controlling interest in the Championship club.
    The deal was reached at 7pm last night (Tuesday) after several weeks of negotiations, leaving only the legal processes to be completed by the end of November. Once the agreement has been signed by both parties, the Allams will hold the majority shareholding in Hull City AFC and Superstadium Management Company. In a joint statement, Assem and Ehab said: “We are delighted to have reached agreement with Russell Bartlett to take a controlling stake in Hull City. "More details of the agreement will be made public in due course. For the time being, it is important to stress to everyone, especially the supporters of Hull City, that we see our role as bringing financial stability to the club to help clear the outstanding debts and to enable it to survive and flourish. “Our strengths are in business expertise and financial management. We will leave the football decisions to those who know best. “The arrangements mean we will take over the club’s debts and we have set aside funds for working capital and to secure new players in the January transfer window. "The financial stability of the club and its long-term success is of paramount importance to us both.” Under the terms of the agreement, Russell Bartlett will remain a shareholder and non-executive director. Adam Pearson will continue in his current role.

These are pretty much the perfect owners for us. They aren't sugar daddys but they are wealthy and more importantly they have been going to watch Hull City for over 10 years and already made various donations to the club in past. Despite them being Egyptian we seem to have found owners that care for our club.
    All I can say is... Bye bye debts. Smile 2 fast wingers in January please.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Hull City takeover completed Empty Re: Hull City takeover completed

Post by Jord Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:18 pm

£20m to spend, not bad if true.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Leveraged buy out. You'll be in admin in 3 years.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Jord wrote:£20m to spend, not bad if true.

Doubt we will get that much in January to spend though. It will be him taking on the 20m debts and most likely fund a few signings in January.

Also another quote from him here...

I am not a football fan. I like football and I watch football and I follow things about football. I am a Hull City supporter so I would not go to make an offer for say Leeds United or Sheffield Wednesday, no, I would not go as far as that.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:23 pm

What do you mean "despite them being Egyptian"

Neutral
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:25 pm

"I am not a football fan"

"I am a Hull City supporter"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:27 pm

NZG wrote:What do you mean "despite them being Egyptian"

Neutral

You get these foreign lot that are there to make money and don't care or know anything about the club. It seems different with these seeing as they have been in East Yorkshire for ages with their business and that.

Jord wrote:"I am not a football fan"

"I am a Hull City supporter"

Not hard, just means he doesn't follow football, he just watches Hull City. At least there is no chance with him interferring, he has admitted he doesn't follow any other football. Razz

Oh and imo

Supporter = Someone who actually goes to the game and supports the team

Fan = Someone who likes a team but doesn't particularly care enough to go to the games or anything. They just watch them when they are on tv.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:30 pm

James wrote:

Not hard, just means he doesn't follow football, he just watches Hull City. At least there is no chance with him interferring, he has admitted he doesn't follow any other football. Razz

Oh and imo

Fan = Someone who likes a team but doesn't particularly care enough to go to the games or anything. They just watch them when they are on tv.

Think you've got the wrong end of the stick. The poor fucker just hasn't seen any football, supporting the team that he does.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:31 pm

Ryan wrote:
    James wrote:

Oh and imo

Think you've got the wrong end of the stick. The poor fucker just hasn't seen any football, supporting the team that he does.

Oh, good one.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Got your logic mixed up James. a Fan/Supporter is someone who goes to games and someone who watches them on TV are called 'followers'.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:35 pm

Jord wrote:Got your logic mixed up James. a Fan/Supporter is someone who goes to games and someone who watches them on TV are called 'followers'.

Nah. Fan = liking the team, Supporter = supporting the team.

E.g. I'm a fan of Lewis Hamiltion but I don't go support him. Wink
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:37 pm

James wrote:
    Jord wrote:Got your logic mixed up James. a Fan/Supporter is someone who goes to games and someone who watches them on TV are called 'followers'.

Nah. Fan = liking the team, Supporter = supporting the team.

E.g. I'm a fan of Lewis Hamiltion but I don't go support him. Wink
    Fan:
    Hull City takeover completed Desk-Fan-300

Debate sorted Wink
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Congratulations clap
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:57 pm

Fan - Someone who likes a team
    Supporter - Someone who supports a team.

I am a Wisla Krakow supporter, but I am also a fan of Arsenal, Roma, Dortmund, Ajax, and a few others. I am not a gloryhunter because in this case, I just like them, or prefer them to other teams. My support however will be for Wisla Krakow, and Wisla only.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:15 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Fan - Someone who likes a team
    Supporter - Someone who supports a team.

I am a Wisla Krakow supporter, but I am also a fan of Arsenal, Roma, Dortmund, Ajax, and a few others. I am not a gloryhunter because in this case, I just like them, or prefer them to other teams. My support however will be for Wisla Krakow, and Wisla only.

We are on same wavelength. Surprised
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:55 pm

Fucking gloryhunters.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:56 pm

Sexy bump Che.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:06 pm

I just hate these stupid foreigners buying English clubs as if they were pokemon cards, English teams should be ran by English people.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:43 pm

I wish those American owners would invest in MLS, but you know, they are always chasing that quick buck Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:50 pm

BigPoppaSmurf wrote:I just hate these stupid foreigners buying English clubs as if they were pokemon cards, English teams should be ran by English people.

If you read the thread you would realise this guy has been living in Hull/East Yorkshire for over 40 years. He has made his millions here and now he wants to give back to the community - football being one of the many things he wants to get involved with in and around Hull.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:57 pm

If you are Lux0r though, it doesn't matter how long you have been living in the country. If you are not white, you do not belong.

White power!
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:57 pm

BigPoppaSmurf wrote:I just hate these stupid foreigners buying English clubs as if they were pokemon cards, English teams should be ran by English people.

Good to see the Klan is alive and well on the island.

menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:14 pm

I agree though. Look at Chelsea, for example. Another great club getting ruined by a stupid foreigner who's just in it for a quick buck.

-_-
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:20 pm

This is different though, he made his millions in our community now he wants to give back. It is a bit different from some randomer coming over from Russia.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:31 pm

I was being sarchastic about that "randomer." He's obviously not in it for a quick buck and Chelsea have thrived under his ownership.

In fact, most of the foreigners who own Premiership clubs aren't in it for a quick buck. That's just a talking point that the anti-foreigner movement has clung on to because it's a soundbite that sells. Aston Villa, Man City, Sunderland are examples of teams with foreign owners who appear to genuinely care about the club and are very much involved in the club.

Even Manchester United, the poster boy of the anti-foreigner movement, has gained about 30% in net value since the Glazers took control, and there's been no shortage of trophies there in that time either. English teams aren't suffering as badly some people act like they are under foreign owners.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:50 pm