Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

DayZ (pretty much The Walking Dead)

El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

DayZ (pretty much The Walking Dead)  Empty DayZ (pretty much The Walking Dead)

Post by El_indian Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:35 pm

You guy's heard of this?

Apparently sales of this game on steam have shot up like 500% up the release of this mod (made by a NZ dude Very Happy).

It is apparently the ultimate zombie/survival/horror game. Basically you get thrown into an post-apocalyptic world with limited resources (water, canned beans, bandages, road flares and a hand gun (no map)) and your objective is to survive.

If you die, you're dead and have to start over.

There are also other online players in the world with whom you can choose to form alliances with to increase your survival chances (or even back-stab them and take their shit) Laughing

There's a lot of awesome shit you can do too which I haven't even mentioned such as build/repair broken down vehicles.

The Zombies themselves are everywhere and are fucking quick. They're attracted by noises and light sources (campfires/torches at night), At night it is apparently pitch black if you don't have the appropriate gear.

The game has a The Walking Dead/Minecraft sound/feel to it. Sounds fucking awesome awesome TBH, might have a go in the holidays.

I watched a few vids on youtube:

Last edited by El_indian on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

DayZ (pretty much The Walking Dead)  Empty Re: DayZ (pretty much The Walking Dead)

Post by Mouse Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:07 am

Looks cool, shame I can't run ARMA 2 Sad Have you heard of Project Zomboid?
    Anonymous

DayZ (pretty much The Walking Dead)  Empty Re: DayZ (pretty much The Walking Dead)

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:36 am

Much better.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:10 am

Mc Babel wrote:Looks cool, shame I can't run ARMA 2 Sad Have you heard of Project Zomboid?

Just did a quick google search and that too sounds fucking awesome.

Surviving isn’t just about blowing zombie’s heads off. Depression, starvation, trust issues, loneliness, illness, insanity. These are just some of the things you have to deal with in Project Zomboid.

WOW

The difference is that it has a bird's eye view (similar to The Sim). Will have to give that a go too. Have you played it?
    I think my PC will be able to run that. I downloaded the ARMA 2 demo and it only works the the very lowest settings. Laughing

Arma 2, being first person/third person, I imagine, would make it much more immersive..

I know you can also die of sickness in the game and your dude starts coughing if you don't have the proper medical equipment to treat it or don't keep warm. They also go into shock if they're really hurt and start shaking all over the place.

The other thing with ARMA 2 engine is that it's very realistic and is actually used as a military training simulation.

Arma 2 uses the third-generation Real Virtuality game engine, which has been in development for over 10 years and of which previous versions are used in training simulators by militaries around the world. This engine has full DirectX 9 support

It features realistic day-night cycles, changing weather, fog and visibility, and a view distance of up to 15 kilometres. Every weapon in the game fires projectiles with real trajectories, drop off, and penetration characteristics. As such, no weapon system in the game is a "guaranteed" hit - only after the engine has simulated the event can it be determined if a given shot or missile has hit the target.[citation needed]

The player can choose to turn their head independently from their weapon / body, unlike in most shooters where the view is locked to the weapon. This allows players to look left and right while running forwards to maintain awareness of the battlefield or to look around while in a confined space without having to lower their weapon.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:13 am

Yeah I've played project Zomboid's beta, it's a really interesting concept. It's worth a try for sure!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:03 am

This game looks awesome, I really wish I had a pc. Sad

Laughing
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:31 am

lool Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:10 pm

ARMA II: Combined Operations (this is what you need for DayZ) is currently 20% off on Steam, I bought it yesterday.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:56 am

My mate got this and I had a go. It's really fun
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:54 am

Great concept but tends to lag and with it being independently made the Zombie animations are horrible.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:47 pm

Bushido wrote:Great concept but tends to lag and with it being independently made the Zombie animations are horrible.

I still agree with this, Standalone which is their ...standalone game will have much better Zombie animations, diseases, ect ect. If you haven't.

If you can get past the hackers then this game is awesome.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:02 am

This game is the greatest game ever, wow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:05 pm