Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Rafael Benitez
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Jordi
Theo Filippo
Sean
Uncle John from Jamaica
George
Trent
Carlos Jenkinson
ShakerMatty
ResurrectionRooney
Forest
Harrold
17 posters

Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town

George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town

Post by George Fri May 25, 2012 8:00 am

On 6 October 2008, he was sentenced to seven years and four months in prison.
    So why is he out now?
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town

Post by Jordi Fri May 25, 2012 8:01 am

Good behaviour I think.
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Fri May 25, 2012 8:07 am

How old are your kids, Alan?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 8:10 am

Forest wrote:How old are your kids, Alan?
    Ive not got any kids, but im saying if it was or if i did something like he did i would expect a lot of the parents of these kids would want to get revenge on me. And ive met a lot of people in my life that would not just let something like this go.
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Fri May 25, 2012 8:15 am

Lots of people drink-drive and theyre all fucking idiots, but I think its unfair that just because this guy happened to cause an accident he gets a lot mroe abuse than people who get lucky and nothing happens.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri May 25, 2012 8:17 am

Alan wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:What if he didn't kill anyone? Would you destroy him along with the other idiotic footballers who have done drink driving like Pennant and Defoe?

If it was my kids anyone killed from them drinking and driving and them being wreckless, yes. I would attempt to get my revenge.

You're been watching too much films
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 8:17 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:Prisons are way too lenient these days, I mean they let him out for training once a week...? Wtf

Harsh prisons don't work. This man is not a danger to society.

He got drunk and raced down the motorway pissed out his face at 95mph because he had an argument with his girlfriend. This is not somebody who thinks rationally, he is an absolute fucking moron.

I think there is nothing wrong with what he is doing considering they let him out but he should not have been let out imo.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri May 25, 2012 8:19 am

Chris wrote:

Harsh prisons don't work. This man is not a danger to society.

He got drunk and raced down the motorway pissed out his face at 95mph because he had an argument with his girlfriend. This is not somebody who thinks rationally, he is an absolute fucking moron.

I think there is nothing wrong with what he is doing considering they let him out but he should not have been let out imo.

We all do stupid things when we're drunk.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 8:20 am

Chris wrote:

We all do stupid things when we're drunk.
    Not things that kill people.
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Fri May 25, 2012 8:24 am

Getting slightly off topic but do you think attempted murder should carry the same punishment as murder?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri May 25, 2012 8:30 am

Dr. Ján Ĩtor wrote:Getting slightly off topic but do you think attempted murder should carry the same punishment as murder?

Definitely.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 8:40 am

Fonseca wrote:
    Alan wrote:

If it was my kids anyone killed from them drinking and driving and them being wreckless, yes. I would attempt to get my revenge.

You're been watching too much films
    Whatever What a Face
    Rafael Benitez
    Rafael Benitez

Supports : Malaga

Post by Rafael Benitez Fri May 25, 2012 9:03 am

Alan wrote:Fucking disgrace, he should have served a lot more time inside.Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town - Page 2 817687 Disgusting that people can get away with doing this sort of thing, and Swindon are a disgrace aswell.

Do you even know what happened Alan? and how on earth are Swindon a disgrace?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 9:13 am

Could you imagine if Liverpool signed a player who killed two children. And i think ive read enough about what he did, driving at that speed and also the fact he had been drinking should be enough for anyone to understand. When i go out driving i would not drink and drive and i would not drive at that speed, Im Diabetic and everytime i go out driving. ive got to make sure im not going to take a hypo while im driving because if i did and hurt anyone i would not be able to live with myself.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri May 25, 2012 9:25 am

Alan wrote:Could you imagine if Liverpool signed a player who killed two children. And i think ive read enough about what he did, driving at that speed and also the fact he had been drinking should be enough for anyone to understand. When i go out driving i would not drink and drive and i would not drive at that speed, Im Diabetic and everytime i go out driving. ive got to make sure im not going to take a hypo while im driving because if i did and hurt anyone i would not be able to live with myself.

Liverpool's captain is a convicted drink driver who has maimed children with his car.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 9:28 am

Alan wrote:Could you imagine if Liverpool signed a player who killed two children. And i think ive read enough about what he did, driving at that speed and also the fact he had been drinking should be enough for anyone to understand. When i go out driving i would not drink and drive and i would not drive at that speed, Im Diabetic and everytime i go out driving. ive got to make sure im not going to take a hypo while im driving because if i did and hurt anyone i would not be able to live with myself.

Liverpool's captain is a convicted drink driver who has maimed children with his car.
    He also assaulted a man for playing the wrong song at a bar.
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Fri May 25, 2012 9:30 am

Rio ferdinand is also a convicted drink-driver, he was just lucky enough to not kill anyone doing it, I dont see anyone saying he should be in jail and banned from football though, and the only difference is that he go luckier than mccormick. Your punishment shouldnt depend on luck, it should depend on intent, drink-driving without consequence and drink driving and killing someone should carry the same punishment, just as attempted murder and murder should.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am

Heck, Captain Fantastic even has an appreciation thread on a "Drink Driving" forum.

http://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/drink-driving-news/6480.htm
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri May 25, 2012 9:46 am

Glen Damon wrote:

He also assaulted a man for playing the wrong song at a bar.
    Bastard.
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor wrote:Rio ferdinand is also a convicted drink-driver, he was just lucky enough to not kill anyone doing it, I dont see anyone saying he should be in jail and banned from football though, and the only difference is that he go luckier than mccormick. Your punishment shouldnt depend on luck, it should depend on intent, drink-driving without consequence and drink driving and killing someone should carry the same punishment, just as attempted murder and murder should.

Nailed it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 9:53 am

He only backed his mate up, when he turned round his mate was getting attacked, although it was his mate that started it.Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town - Page 2 279869 But is that not what most people would do back your mate up if he was in a fight.Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town - Page 2 214775
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 9:55 am

Alan wrote:He only backed his mate up, when he turned round his mate was getting attacked, although it was his mate that started it.Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town - Page 2 279869 But is that not what most people would do back your mate up if he was in a fight.Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town - Page 2 214775
    He was also drunk at the time. There is "backing up your mate," and then there is going that step further and brutalising another human being, leaving him absolutely battered.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri May 25, 2012 9:56 am

Dr. Ján Ĩtor wrote:Rio ferdinand is also a convicted drink-driver, he was just lucky enough to not kill anyone doing it, I dont see anyone saying he should be in jail and banned from football though, and the only difference is that he go luckier than mccormick. Your punishment shouldnt depend on luck, it should depend on intent, drink-driving without consequence and drink driving and killing someone should carry the same punishment, just as attempted murder and murder should.

Alcohol = killing people with your car? Is that what you're insinuating with Ferdinand?
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri May 25, 2012 9:57 am

I'd do the same as Alan probably. If somebody murdered 2 of my kids and only did 4 years in our pathetic jail system, I'd take justice into my own hands.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri May 25, 2012 9:58 am

Alan wrote:He only backed his mate up, when he turned round his mate was getting attacked, although it was his mate that started it.Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town - Page 2 279869 But is that not what most people would do back your mate up if he was in a fight.Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town - Page 2 214775

Alright, fuck all that, let's talk about the real issue. Are you happy with a convicted drink driver being the Liverpool captain?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 10:54 am

Grenade wrote:I'd do the same as Alan probably. If somebody murdered 2 of my kids and only did 4 years in our pathetic jail system, I'd take justice into my own hands.

Well said, and im not trying to make myself look like some sort of hard cunt or anything. Just could not handle someone drinking and driving at those speeds and killing someone, and let a alone someone's kids. Its just pathetic thats all he got for doing this and if it was my kids i would attempt to get my revenge.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Fri May 25, 2012 10:56 am

Didn't know about this guy. Not sure how I'd feel, tbh. Lost my aunt to a drunk driver, but people make mistakes.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Fri May 25, 2012 2:18 pm

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:You can hardly call McCormick scum and all that. The justice system sentenced him to time and then decided to release him. He was hardly going to sit there and say 'no thanks, I don't believe I've been inside long enough'. Of course he wants to take steps to rebuild his life and career. At the end of the day he still has to put food on his table each day. And I know for a fact, I'd rather he did it himself through playing football than I had to do it for him by providing him benefits through my tax.
    This exactly. Sure yeah Drunk Driving is stupid and he obviously made a mistake. But he probably lives knowing he killed two children everyday and regrets it (one would hope). It's not his fault he got off on a short sentence, exactly what John said he obviously wasn't going to request a longer one. Not his fault the justice system may be flawed.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri May 25, 2012 2:56 pm

Is it just me, or does Alan seem to be more convincing for the opposite side than his?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:07 am