Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Rafael Benitez
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Jordi
Theo Filippo
Sean
Uncle John from Jamaica
George
Trent
Carlos Jenkinson
ShakerMatty
ResurrectionRooney
Forest
Harrold
17 posters

Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town

Anonymous

Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town Empty Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 7:03 am

Parents' fury as drink-drive footballer who killed their two boys in 90mph crash is set to be offered contract with new club on release from prison
    McCormick 'wakes up with a life sentence every day thinking about what he's done' insists Swindon chief
    ‘Our lads will never play football again. We’ve lost our sons - yet he’s living it up like nothing has happened' says disgusted father Phil, 39
    McCormick will join League Two champions on pre-season tour of Italy as part of trial and was released from prison to train once a week

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2148857/Luke-McCormick-offered-contract-Swindon-Town-FC-release-prison.html#ixzz1vorOfUdU

This guy didn't serve nowhere near a long enough sentence for killing 2 kids imo.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town Empty Re: Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town

Post by Harrold Fri May 25, 2012 7:10 am

I posted this a few days ago. It's fucking disgusting that he gets to play again.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 7:11 am

Fucking disgrace, he should have served a lot more time inside.Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town 817687 Disgusting that people can get away with doing this sort of thing, and Swindon are a disgrace aswell.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Post by Harrold Fri May 25, 2012 7:12 am

Alan wrote:Fucking disgrace, he should have served a lot more time inside.Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town 817687 Disgusting that people can get away with doing this sort of thing, and Swindon are a digrace.
    They are, inbred cunts. Luke McCormick Joins Swindon Town 279869
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Fri May 25, 2012 7:15 am

The father sounds like a twat. The guys served his time and is now going to try and form a career again. What does he expect him to do? Sit at home jobless and let people like himself pay his benefits cos 'he shouldn't be living it up like nothing happened'?

The player will get his abuse just like Marlon King and Lee Hughes do. They both still have the right to continue their careers though, despite being twats.

Although I agree it did seem like a light sentence.

Hopefully he hasn't lost his ability in prison. Used to be really good for Plymouth
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri May 25, 2012 7:18 am

Let's not turn this into a witch hunt, eh? He's been punished for his crime, now he's trying to move on with his life.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Fri May 25, 2012 7:21 am

Forest wrote:The father sounds like a twat. The guys served his time and is now going to try and form a career again. What does he expect him to do? Sit at home jobless and let people like himself pay his benefits cos 'he shouldn't be living it up like nothing happened'?

The player will get his abuse just like Marlon King and Lee Hughes do. They both still have the right to continue their careers though, despite being twats.

Although I agree it did seem like a light sentence.

Hopefully he hasn't lost his ability in prison. Used to be really good for Plymouth
    How's he meant to come across? He's paralysed for life and has lost two kids..

I do believe that you should move forward but he has not served enough time. If he is remorseful and isn't like that rodent Lee Hughes then i will gain a bit of respect for him.

Last edited by ShakerMatty on Fri May 25, 2012 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri May 25, 2012 7:21 am

Prisons are way too lenient these days, I mean they let him out for training once a week...? Wtf
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri May 25, 2012 7:24 am

Fonseca wrote:Prisons are way too lenient these days, I mean they let him out for training once a week...? Wtf

Harsh prisons don't work. This man is not a danger to society.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri May 25, 2012 7:25 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:Prisons are way too lenient these days, I mean they let him out for training once a week...? Wtf

He clearly is because he killed two kids
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Fri May 25, 2012 7:26 am

He will get abuse from all teams next season which is obvious deserved. I don't think he should have been allowed to play football again imo.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Let's not turn this into a witch hunt, eh? He's been punished for his crime, now he's trying to move on with his life.

Good then, so if someone kills you, or more so someone in your family. If they serve a few years and do the time, would you be happy. The law is fucking bullshit and he should have served a lot more time at least, is it ok for people to go out and drink and drive and kill people and still have a life.
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Fri May 25, 2012 7:34 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Let's not turn this into a witch hunt, eh? He's been punished for his crime, now he's trying to move on with his life.

Sorry, but some things are unforgivable.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 7:35 am

Alan wrote:

Good then, so if someone kills you, or more so someone in your family. If they serve a few years and do the time, would you be happy. The law is fucking bullshit and he should have served a lot more time at least, is it ok for people to go out and drink and drive and kill people and still have a life.
    You seem to imply that people who kill people through a DUI should be sentenced to death. What a load of rubbish, these are human beings, not vicious devils, a lot of them probably deeply regret what they did, and it is only fair that they are given a second chance.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri May 25, 2012 7:36 am

Fonseca wrote:

Do you think he's likely to do it again?
    Alan wrote:

Nah, drinking and driving is not OK.
    George wrote:

Is drink driving unforgivable in your eyes?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 7:37 am

Voice of reason.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 7:39 am

George wrote:

If it was cold-blooded murder, but it wasn't.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri May 25, 2012 7:40 am

Fonseca wrote:

Do you think he's likely to do it again?
    Depends on his state of mind, you could argue that he has learned from his mistakes, but some people don't

He's definitely susceptible to doing it again because he has done before
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Fri May 25, 2012 7:40 am

You can hardly call McCormick scum and all that. The justice system sentenced him to time and then decided to release him. He was hardly going to sit there and say 'no thanks, I don't believe I've been inside long enough'. Of course he wants to take steps to rebuild his life and career. At the end of the day he still has to put food on his table each day. And I know for a fact, I'd rather he did it himself through playing football than I had to do it for him by providing him benefits through my tax.
    George
    George

Post by George Fri May 25, 2012 7:43 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    George wrote:

If it was cold-blooded murder, but it wasn't.

Suppose your right. I'm just against the fact the he is able to get back straight into the game.
    I guess that I'm against the punishment/justice system over-here.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 7:45 am

If it was my kids that he had killed, I would find the cunt and destroy him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 7:47 am

Alan wrote:If it was my kids that he had killed, I would find the cunt and destroy him.
    And that is why I consider you a "potent threat to society."
    Harrold
    Harrold

Post by Harrold Fri May 25, 2012 7:47 am

Alan wrote:If it was my kids that he had killed, I would find the cunt and destroy him.
    No, you wouldn't. You'd be worse than him.
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri May 25, 2012 7:50 am

I don't understand this attitude that hes some kind of monster, sure drink driving is really stupid, but for me there has to be intent behind a crime for the person to be truly blamed.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri May 25, 2012 7:51 am

It was reckless, but shit happens. Live and let die.

George
    George

Post by George Fri May 25, 2012 7:53 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It was reckless, but shit happens. Live and let die.

I would like to agree with you.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri May 25, 2012 7:56 am

What if he didn't kill anyone? Would you destroy him along with the other idiotic footballers who have done drink driving like Pennant and Defoe?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 7:56 am

Harrold wrote:
    No, you wouldn't. You'd be worse than him.

What this cunt did was so wrong, and i would not care what people thought about me for doing this, thats someone's kids that cunt killed with his wreckless actions.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Fri May 25, 2012 7:57 am

Gatsby wrote:I don't understand this attitude that hes some kind of monster, sure drink driving is really stupid, but for me there has to be intent behind a crime for the person to be truly blamed.
    Exactly, plus people are seeing it like he's got a privilege because he's getting back into football. If a carpenter had done this, he would look for jobs as a carpenter when he got out. If a plumber had, he would look for plumbing jobs when he got out. A footballer is no different, it is the skill and occupation he has trained in so it's only right that he attempts to continue the career he was previously in once he's released.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 7:59 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    What if he didn't kill anyone? Would you destroy him along with the other idiotic footballers who have done drink driving like Pennant and Defoe?

If it was my kids anyone killed from them drinking and driving and them being wreckless, yes. I would attempt to get my revenge.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:35 am