Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
George
Lux
Ben 10
Steadman
Mr Durmmond
Rafael Benitez
dena
SBSP
Sean
Walcott
Zzonked
menalawyerguy
Danny
Kuled
iSamuel
Jordi
Gegilworld93
crump
Phadunkin Donuts
Trent
24 posters

Drogba to leave Chelsea (Sky Sports)

Anonymous

Drogba to leave Chelsea (Sky Sports) Empty Drogba to leave Chelsea (Sky Sports)

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 6:04 am

Didier Drogba has revealed he intends to leave UEFA Champions League winners Chelsea, according to reports in France.

The 34-year-old, who scored a late equaliser and the decisive penalty in the shoot-out win over Bayern Munich on Saturday, is reported to have told team-mates his decision during Sunday's trophy parade.

Members of the triumphant Blues squad chanted for Drogba to stay in front of celebrating fans but the Ivory Coast international appears to have called time on an eight-year spell at Stamford Bridge.

"We will not be together next season," Drogba told France Football magazine.

"As I have decided to leave, I wanted to tell them (my team-mates) to their faces.

"They made me break down. I found it hard to admit that it was finished with me and the club.

"But I don't envisage sitting on the bench watching others play at a time when the club is looking at putting together a new team.

"So there we go, I am readying myself for a great leap into the unknown. It will be another adventure."

Drogba has been linked with a lucrative move to Chinese side Shanghai Shenhuan, where his former Chelsea team-mate Nicolas Anelka is player-coach.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7770087/?
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Drogba to leave Chelsea (Sky Sports) Empty Re: Drogba to leave Chelsea (Sky Sports)

Post by Trent Tue May 22, 2012 6:07 am

I personally think he'll stay for another season.
    Anonymous

Drogba to leave Chelsea (Sky Sports) Empty Re: Drogba to leave Chelsea (Sky Sports)

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 6:08 am

good for him, he achieved everything at chelsea and as he says he has been benched alot and only played in the big games near the end of the season
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Tue May 22, 2012 6:09 am

We all knew this.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue May 22, 2012 6:15 am

He should stay, he won the CL for gods sakes. I hope if he leaves he isn't going China or somewhere.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 6:17 am

thats the exact reason he should leave

he achieved everything now
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Tue May 22, 2012 6:24 am

Most likely going to China, would love to see him in another top European league though.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Tue May 22, 2012 6:25 am

Al-Sadd. pray
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 6:25 am

Well done to him.
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Tue May 22, 2012 6:28 am

Hope he doesn't go to China, I wouldn't see anything of such a great player.
    iSamuel
    iSamuel

Supports : Chelsea.

Post by iSamuel Tue May 22, 2012 6:29 am

This is the best way for him to leave the club. He's a Chelsea legend, his last kick of a ball in a Chelsea shirt has gifted us the Champions League. Arguably our best player in the Roman era. I can see him returning back to Marseille. All the best, Didier.

Think this'll also be the best thing for Torres too, which'll probably keep him at the club.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 6:33 am

He will go back to Marseille
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue May 22, 2012 6:47 am

Best way to leave a club..on a high...the highest high of all in this case. Good luck to him, one of my favourite premier league players of recent time. Drogba not worthy
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue May 22, 2012 6:54 am

Not a bad way to bow out. lool
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue May 22, 2012 7:00 am

The amazing part is that he managed to stay on his feet for the whole interview.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue May 22, 2012 7:02 am

Wonder where he'll go. I hope it's somewhere in Europe and not just another big payday to somewhere obscure.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Tue May 22, 2012 7:03 am

Might finally have a chance of beating Chelsea now. cheers

Quality player, still.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 7:04 am

Walcott wrote:Might finally have a chance of beating Chelsea now. cheers

Quality player, still.
    3-5.

PSG for Drogs maybe?
    iSamuel
    iSamuel

Post by iSamuel Tue May 22, 2012 7:06 am

Chris wrote:

Quality player, still.
    3-5.

PSG for Drogs maybe?

Either PSG or Marseille.
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue May 22, 2012 7:20 am

If true wish him all the best, would be nice to see a Chelsea player leave with goodwill behind him Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 7:41 am

Best way for a player to leave their club, achieved everything here and deserves to get that big pay off in China or where ever, but I'd love to see him go back to Marseille and knock Liverpool out the Europa League then Spurs next Drogba to leave Chelsea (Sky Sports) 279869
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Tue May 22, 2012 7:53 am

19Jones19v wrote:Best way for a player to leave their club, achieved everything here and deserves to get that big pay off in China or where ever, but I'd love to see him go back to Marseille and knock Liverpool out the Europa League then Spurs next Drogba to leave Chelsea (Sky Sports) 279869
    Marseille finished 10th lool.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Tue May 22, 2012 8:01 am

Chris wrote:

Quality player, still.
    3-5.
    Exactly, the reason we won that was because Drogba wasn't playing! Drogba to leave Chelsea (Sky Sports) 2156770003
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 8:07 am

Howard Nurse ‏@howardnurse
    I'm not saying Drogba won't leave #CFC (he may or may not) but the quotes attributed to him tonight aren't actually from him.
    Retweeted by Phil McNulty
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue May 22, 2012 8:23 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:Best way for a player to leave their club, achieved everything here and deserves to get that big pay off in China or where ever, but I'd love to see him go back to Marseille and knock Liverpool out the Europa League then Spurs next Drogba to leave Chelsea (Sky Sports) 279869
    Marseille finished 10th lool.

Won the Cup.
    iSamuel
    iSamuel

Post by iSamuel Tue May 22, 2012 10:45 am

Didier Drogba's representatives have denied reports that the Chelsea striker is set to leave the club.

The 34-year-old was quoted in France as saying he had decided to leave the UEFA Champions League winners.

But representatives of the player, who scored a late equaliser as well as the decisive penalty in the shoot-out win over Bayern Munich on Saturday, have said the quotes attributed to him 'are not genuine'.

Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay also insists there has been no decision on the player's future.

Drogba has been linked with a lucrative move to Chinese side Shanghai Shenhuan, where former Chelsea team-mate Nicolas Anelka is now player-coach.

The striker joined the Blues from Marseille in 2004 and has scored more than 150 goals for the club in eight seasons.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed May 23, 2012 1:30 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18152689

And now it's confirmed that it was his last kick of the ball that won the UCL for Chelsea.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed May 23, 2012 1:32 am

Was about time, despite the fact that he turned it up in the semi-final and the final, he hasn't been good this year.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed May 23, 2012 1:35 am

dena wrote:Was about time, despite the fact that he turned it up in the semi-final and the final, he hasn't been good this year.
    And the FA cup final and the Fa cup semi-final..He's been good under RdM
    Rafael Benitez
    Rafael Benitez

Supports : Malaga

Post by Rafael Benitez Wed May 23, 2012 1:36 am

Good, hope he leaves the Premier League

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:37 pm