Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Carlos Jenkinson
Mal
ChuckyArla
Danny
CollieBuddz
Drake
George
Rafael Benitez
Jordi
Grenade
14 posters

Thinking about setting up a football club ?

Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Thinking about setting up a football club ? Empty Thinking about setting up a football club ?

Post by Grenade Sun May 13, 2012 5:22 am

(serious thread)

Was thinking about maybe setting up a small local football club in the future after I save a bit of money up. Don't suppose anyone here has any knowledge about doing this or knows someone who runs club/team? Links would be helpful, I wanna read into it a lot more. Its surprisingly hard to find info online There's no clear instructions on whats required. Not sure if there's a license or something you need. I know you're required to pass health and safety inspections? I contacted the local council and they also didn't know Thinking about setting up a football club ? 894246

I don't plan on doing a big project, obviously not gonna spend a significant amount.
    I don't know, maybe start of with a u15 team or something?

Any help/opinions welcome Smile
    Anonymous

Thinking about setting up a football club ? Empty Re: Thinking about setting up a football club ?

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 5:22 am

rofl
    Grenade
    Grenade

Thinking about setting up a football club ? Empty Re: Thinking about setting up a football club ?

Post by Grenade Sun May 13, 2012 5:24 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:Thinking about setting up a football club ? 70955

Dafuq? You posted literally 4 seconds after I submitted the thread eek
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 5:26 am

U15's, yeah? ... Maestro gonna be part of this so called "project"? rofl rofl
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sun May 13, 2012 5:27 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:U15's, yeah? ... Maestro gonna be part of this so called "project"? rofl rofl
    Implying Celtic fans are paedophiles again?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 5:28 am

shut up Jela.

Junaid are you just looking to set up 1 team and build it up from there or do you just want it to be a small thing with only 1 squad.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 5:28 am

Jordi wrote:
    Jelavić7|EFC wrote:U15's, yeah? ... Maestro gonna be part of this so called "project"? rofl rofl
    Implying Celtic fans are paedophiles again?

What the fuck? Neutral

I was talking about them trolling me through PM. Neutral

With those messages that have one word, but the way in which they are sent, say things like Dirty Orange Bastard. Neutral

Sectarianism which I have reported various times but which you seem to do fuck all about. Neutral
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sun May 13, 2012 5:29 am

Yasss I have a bite
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 5:29 am

Jordi wrote:Yasss I have a bite

Laughing
    Rafael Benitez
    Rafael Benitez

Supports : Malaga

Post by Rafael Benitez Sun May 13, 2012 5:30 am

You are too young Jun Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 5:32 am

Leo, 19 is not too young to do anything in this country.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 5:32 am

Ed wrote:Leo, 19 is not too young to do anything in this country.

Thinking about setting up a football club ? 3925848005
    Rafael Benitez
    Rafael Benitez

Supports : Malaga

Post by Rafael Benitez Sun May 13, 2012 5:34 am

He's 19? thought he was 12-15

Still too young to own a football club, and he probably has no job experience
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 5:35 am

Willmer wrote:

He's 19? thought he was 12-15

Still too young to own a football club, and he probably has no job experience

It says below his name. Laughing
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Sun May 13, 2012 5:35 am

When I lived on the mainland, I played for a team called Byfleet Village.
    We were very good. Anyways, there was this kid who played for us who had a very rich Dad. So he wanted to put some money into the club. From what I know he had to get permission from the league to make major changes to the team, such as the name etc. Apparently (according to the rich Dad) it was nearly impossible to start a new team in the league, but the officials allow you to merge two clubs together or change the team drastically.

However, despite this I think that he runs a separate club now. He has been very successful in doing so. They have 17 teams now.
    If your really serious about this, I can get in contact with my old mates and the rich Dad and ask him questions on how he started this club.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 5:35 am

Try making one in Football Manager, lo lo lo.
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Sun May 13, 2012 5:43 am

If you have the finances then go for it, don't see anything wrong with starting a football club. Would cost quite a bit though Laughing
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Sun May 13, 2012 5:47 am

Start a mens team. A lot easier I think.

You just need to pay your registration fees and get a kit. I think registration is about £250.

It's really not worth it though.

You need to pay the ref and pitch hire every other week.
    Registration every season.
    Then there's fines. £10 a yellow. £35 a red (I think)

All you need is people to get some fines and not pay and you're fucked and having to pay out of your own pocket. Plus there's probably going to be half the team no paying subs each week so you'll probably have to pay part of the pitch and ref fees.

It's all a massive ball ache.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Sun May 13, 2012 5:47 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:U15's, yeah? ... Maestro gonna be part of this so called "project"? Thinking about setting up a football club ? 70955 Thinking about setting up a football club ? 70955
    Say what? scratch
    Ed wrote:shut up Jela.

Junaid are you just looking to set up 1 team and build it up from there or do you just want it to be a small thing with only 1 squad.
    Since I'll be on a pretty low budget I just want to start off very basic and slowly build it up and build a career out of it maybe? Property is pretty cheap in my shit area, I want to build basic facilities and a shitty pitch and all that and step it up a level after I finish university I guess. Still not sure what I'm gonna do about it. I was told I could get a grant to pay the wages of apprentices if I hire them. Nobody wants to tell me the rest of the details though Thinking about setting up a football club ? 1371890812
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 5:48 am

You dreaming den keed? Laughing

Buying facilities etc, oh dear. lol
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Sun May 13, 2012 5:51 am

Buying facilities rofl
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun May 13, 2012 5:53 am

Good luck, one man setting up a football club. Laughing
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Sun May 13, 2012 5:57 am

CollieBuddz wrote:Start a mens team. A lot easier I think.

You just need to pay your registration fees and get a kit. I think registration is about £250.

It's really not worth it though.

You need to pay the ref and pitch hire every other week.
    Registration every season.
    Then there's fines. £10 a yellow. £35 a red (I think)

All you need is people to get some fines and not pay and you're fucked and having to pay out of your own pocket. Plus there's probably going to be half the team no paying subs each week so you'll probably have to pay part of the pitch and ref fees.

It's all a massive ball ache.
    Sounds cheaper than I expected tbh. I'd honestly buy my own small pitch if I just do a kids team. It seems there aren't many kids teams where I am either. The only one close to me charge insane membership fees and they decline a lot of kids. Also my old school has a good team I can poach some little shits from Thinking about setting up a football club ? 279869
    If I wanted to do it, where would I start?
    Jelavić7|EFC wrote:You dreaming den keed? Laughing

Buying facilities etc, oh dear. lol
    Well I'll do it if its needed. Whats the problem dere keed?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 5:58 am

CollieBuddz wrote:Buying facilities rofl

rofl rofl
    ChuckyArla
    ChuckyArla

Supports : Chelzee

Post by ChuckyArla Sun May 13, 2012 5:59 am

This is funny.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 5:59 am

Danny wrote:Good luck, one man setting up a football club. Laughing

1 MAN HAD A DREAM, TO START UP A FOOTBALL TEAM ... HE HAD NO MONEY, NO KIT, NOT EVEN A BALL AND YET HE WENT ON ... WHY NOT COME ALONG, JUNAID FC WHAT A FUCKING MONG!!!!111 DO DO DO DO DO
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 6:05 am

Only £200 up front

Thinking about setting up a football club ? Ukraniansoccerfield
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Sun May 13, 2012 6:07 am

I would start a team in Scotland.
    There is going to be a free league spot to replace Rangers when they eventually kick the bucket.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun May 13, 2012 6:10 am

You all realise Grenade is a baller, right?
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Sun May 13, 2012 6:10 am

I'm actually serious guys Thinking about setting up a football club ? 427590
    I could borrow money of my dad if I needed to but generally I'd like to start of spending a little and see how it goes. I mean there's a foreign brown guy who runs a 16 years old team here so it can't be that hard Thinking about setting up a football club ? 279869

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:21 am