Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
BigJ0526
Grenade
Phadunkin Donuts
The_Quilo
Rafael Benitez
ConorCelticFC
Laurencio
Carlos Jenkinson
Drake
GK01
fluffy_kittens
Muhkoo
ShakerMatty
Andy
MickStupp
VivaRonaldoLAD
easley91
Zzonked
The Bat-Man
RubyArmyCTFC
Cadbury
Ham.
The Zlatan
Lux
Ra's al Ghul
Jordi
Steadman
ResurrectionRooney
Theo Filippo
Danny
Sean
Harrold
36 posters

Your teams end of season.

The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Your teams end of season. - Page 2 Empty Re: Your teams end of season.

Post by The Bat-Man Mon May 07, 2012 5:55 am

As for our expectations, I think they were exceeded but the actual performances have been very inconsistent.

I mean who would have thought this squad would be 3rd after the penultimate week in the league.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 7:05 am

Your teams player of the year: Messi
    Your teams most improved player: Thiago
    Your teams surprise player of the season: Cuenca

Also, how has your season gone? Did it go according to plan? Did you surpass expectations or underachieve?

By our standards, not that great of a season, lost the La Liga, CL and on top of that Pep is leaving... so yeah pretty bad season compared to the last 3 seasons
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon May 07, 2012 7:07 am

Your teams player of the year: de Gea.
    Your teams most improved player: Danny Welbeck/Evans
    Your teams surprise player of the season: Evans.
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Mon May 07, 2012 7:21 am

Your teams player of the year: Sone Aluko
    Your teams most improved player: Andy Little
    Your teams surprise player of the season: Andy Little

Did the season go as planned? Did it fuck Laughing Never thought we'd win the league, even at 9 points clear.
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Mon May 07, 2012 7:23 am

Your teams player of the year: Rooney
    Your teams most improved player: Evans
    Your teams surprise player of the season: Welbeck
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon May 07, 2012 7:25 am

Viva Ronaldo 7 wrote:Your teams player of the year: de Gea.

Your teams end of season. - Page 2 Wtf_is_this

The only reason he's looked good recently is that he set the bar to low earlier in the season. if van der Sar had stayed on and had a season like De Gea we'd be saying he'd lost it and packing him off to the retirement home.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Mon May 07, 2012 7:34 am

Your teams player of the year: David Worrall
    Your teams most improved player: Peter Sweeney. From not even playing last season with Knill he has turned in to being up there with the best in League 1.
    Your teams surprise player of the season: Efe Sodje. I didn't think the man could handle it in League 1 but hes still got it.

How has your season gone? There have been many ups and downs and Barker was very stubborn with his tactics but he will learn and seeing as many predicted we would have no chance at the beginning of the season to finish a far way from the relegation zone is a great achievement.

Did it go according to plan? In a way yes but we had our best players sold which didn't help Barker in the slightest but we have done what i wanted at the beginning of the season which was to stay up and beat some of the big teams oh and to get one over Knill.

Did you surpass expectations or underachieve? Surpass

Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Mon May 07, 2012 7:36 am

Your teams player of the year (doesn't have to be the official one): Jan Vertonghen
    Your teams most improved player: Vurnon Anita
    Your teams surprise player of the season: Vurnon Anita - He was "originally" a right footed back being used on the left back, when he was moved into the middle it changed our game completely, he can run and run (fairly quick) for 85minutes as a CDM, make offensive runs and take the last man position in defense, as Theo Janssen said, for our championship he has been one of the most important in the 2nd half of the season.

Also, how has your season gone? Did it go according to plan? Did you surpass expectations or underachieve?
    Championship number 31, so it ends on a positive, but it looked very bad for a while, around December there was no sense of hope for the season, we had just been knocked out of Champions League in the most unlikely fashion after being cheated of 2 goals against Real Madrid while Lyon beat Zagreb 7-1 to overcome the goal deficit with the help of a 3-0 Real Madrid victory, on top of that we were being flooded with more and more injuries and were well behind the leading teams in the league. Then just as we saw light drawing a big match in Europa League against Manchester United and beating them in the 2nd leg our season turned completely and with 14 league wins in a row secured another championship.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Mon May 07, 2012 8:18 am

Player of the year - Modric, he has, as usual, been incredible
    Most improved - Kaboul, I thought last season he was shaky but now I'd say he's our best center back, great season from him
    Surprise - walker, knew pretty little about him and now he's fighting for the England spot. Very aggressive going forward and his goals against blackburn and arsenal were awesome
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 8:55 am

Your teams player of the year:(Official - Kayode Odejayi) (Mine - Anthony Wordsworth)
    Your teams most improved player - Tom Eastman
    Your teams surprise player of the season - Tom Eastman

Also, how has your season gone? Average, as expected, another top 10 finish
    Did it go according to plan? Yes, I suppose, was predicted 12th or 13th place but finished 10th
    Did you surpass expectations or underachieve? Slighty better than expected
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 9:02 am

Your teams player of the year-Was Skrtel, but he has become pretty shit the last two months, so no one deserves the accolade (Maybe lucas, since he was consistently good before injury)
    Your teams most improved player- Carroll, can actually control the ball somewhat now.
    Your teams surprise player of the season- Bellamy, didn't expect much from a free signing, turned out to be our best attacking outlet this season.
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Mon May 07, 2012 12:04 pm

Your teams player of the year: Besart Berisha
    Your teams most improved player: Ivan Franjic
    Your teams surprise player of the season: Sayed Muhammad Adnan

And our season went according to plan really, couldn't win the Premiership sadly, but we did go back to back for the Championship, so good season, very good season.
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Tue May 08, 2012 12:18 am

Your teams player of the year: Yakubu
    Your teams most improved player: Grant Hanley
    Your teams surprise player of the season: Yakubu - Thought he was past it and i also thought he was a waste of money and wages, i got that one wrong Laughing
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue May 08, 2012 12:19 am

Your teams player of the year (doesn't have to be the official one): Van Persie
    Your teams most improved player: Koscielny
    Your teams surprise player of the season: Koscielny
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue May 08, 2012 12:34 am

Your teams player of the year:
    Antonio Valencia

Your teams most improved player:
    Jonny Evans

Your teams surprise player of the season:
    Paul Scholes, didn't even know he was playing football anymore.

Also, how has your season gone?
    Ok with a touch of disappointing. Not quite as good as I hoped, but not as bad as I feared it could get. Good run in the league really.

Did it go according to plan?
    I don't know what the plan was, but I don't think it did. It's not over yet, but it would be very surprising if fortunes changed on the last day.

Did you surpass expectations or underachieve?
    I don't really know, I want to say met expectations, but there was a little bit of underachievement going around.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Tue May 08, 2012 12:54 am

Player of the season: Mulgrew
    Most improved: Samaras, but only because he's gone from dogshit to mediocre
    Surprise player: Kelvin Wilson, I was expecting a decent defender and we got a shockingly awful one. Hopefully he'll improve next season or better, be punted.
    Rafael Benitez
    Rafael Benitez

Supports : Malaga

Post by Rafael Benitez Thu May 10, 2012 9:41 am

Your teams player of the year (doesn't have to be the official one) - Martin Skrtel
    Your teams most improved player - Martin Skrtel
    Your teams surprise player of the season - Glen Johnson

Also, how has your season gone? - Terrible, Bar the Carling Cup
    Did it go according to plan? No, not at all
    Did you surpass expectations or underachieve? With the team and manager we have, surpass expectations.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 10, 2012 9:49 am

Your Teams LAD of the Year - Joel Lynch. Top LAD. Been the only consistent player all year. McCleary and Reid only performed after January

Your teams most improved LAD - Joel Lynch. SubLAD to StarPlayerLAD

Your teams suprise LAD of the season - Joel Lynch. Everyone thought he was shit. Proved Us wrong though LAD

The_Quilo
    The_Quilo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by The_Quilo Thu May 10, 2012 1:46 pm

King Carlos wrote:Your teams player of the year (doesn't have to be the official one) - Shay Given, kept us in the league.
    Your teams most improved player - Towards the end of the season, Warnock. Maybe Ireland aswell.
    Your teams surprise player of the season - Weimann, seems to be a great little player.

Also, how has your season gone? Shite.
    Did it go according to plan? No way.
    Did you surpass expectations or underachieve? Massively underachieved.

You can thank your shyte manager McLeish for your terrible showing. Why you appointed him as manager is beyond me. Knew it was a disastrous decision since day 1. Sure he won the FA Cup with Birmingham, but people then tend to forget that he got a perfectly premier league-worthy team relegated. Honestly, I would much rather stay in the league than win a bloody useless cup. Never rated McLeish, belongs in the Npower Championship.

As for my team:

Your teams player of the year: Wayne Rooney
    Your teams most improved player: Johnny Evans. Was complete shit before this season, now looks like one our best CB's, and a more than able replacement for an injured Vidic. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ferdinand relegated to the bench when Nemanja returns.
    Your teams surprise player of the season: Scholes, never foresaw him returning out of retirement, definitely never foresaw the impact he would have for us at 37.

Overall, though, and absolute disaster of a season. Knocked out of every competition, but not progressing from the group stages of the Champion's League was the most bitter of blows. Can't recall the last time a Champion's League finalist failed to progress from the group stages. Definitely a season to forget, and, in the summer, if Fergie doesn't buy players we actually need, I can see this getting a lot worse before it gets better, especially considering Scholes will almost certainly not be with us next term.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 10, 2012 3:46 pm

Player of the Season: Messi
    Most Improved: Mascherano
    Surprise Player: Cuenca
    Best Signing: Alexis Sanchez

Overall Performance: B

A disappointing week got us 2nd in La Liga and to the semifinals of the CL. We still have the Copa del Rey to play for. But if we lose that, then my grade goes down to a C. I don't think this season was a big failure, but we could and should have done better. Also, it's upsetting losing Guardiola. I'm looking forward to the next season already.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Thu May 10, 2012 4:28 pm

Your teams player of the year (doesn't have to be the official one): Robin
    Your teams most improved player: Laurent
    Your teams surprise player of the season: Gervinho.. I didn't expect him to be so fucking shit.

3rd Place is exactly where we all expected to be. Definitely didn't go according to plan.. horrible start. Surpassed expectations that we started to receive earlier in the year and was able to hit amazing form to climb to table in quick fashion. Depending on the match vs WBA.. season will be a success or a complete failure and more joke fodder.

MIND THE GAP.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu May 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Lol at Arsenals fans talking as if 3rd place has already been achieved.
    BigJ0526
    BigJ0526

Post by BigJ0526 Thu May 10, 2012 4:58 pm

Harrold wrote:For me our player of the year has been Danny Woodards. He's been our most consistent preformer all season. He's been solid at the back. He's been extremely versatile despite being a RB he's played all across the back four and in the centre and right of midfield. Deserved to pick the award up.

Our most improved player has to Carayol. He wasn't anything special at the start of the season but has improved in the last half of the season. Getting some brilliant goals, assists and going on some magnificent runs. He's been so good he's been linked to a move straight into the Championship.

Surprise player of the season is probably between Eliot Richards, the former Wales youth player has been a main player for us. He's mainly played on the right despite being a striker. He picked up our young player of the year award. He scored his first pro hat-trick in the 7-1 win at Burton earlier on last month which took his total for the season to 10.

I'd like to mention Cian Bolger and Lee Brown in there. The former is on loan from Leicester, again, and after his first spell I was a little unsure on him but he's been brilliant. Lee Brown came in on a free from QPR and was pretty unknown to us, or at least me, and has been a consistent fixture in our season. Mainly playing on the left, usually as a LB but has been used a fair few times as a LM.

Our season didn't go to plan. Our aim was to be in the-playoffs. We had a massive overhaul in our squad with 16 first team players being brought in. With the sales of key players like Hoskins, Lines and the loss of Coles on a free had us with a team who had barely played together. We went on a run from the start of November to the start of January without winning a single game.

In the second half of the season we sacked our 3rd manager in a year and replaced him with Mark McGhee. He made an instant impact by leading us to a 2-0 victory over "rivals" Cheltenham. cheers We had some good wins on the road to the end of the season beating Burton 7-1 and Accrington 5-1. We ended the season in 13th. Neutral

My highlight of the season was us playing Villa in the FA Cup. It was fantastic seeing our players on the field against full internations and Heskey. Your teams end of season. - Page 2 3925848005 It was an amazing atmosphere and our largest turn-out of the season with an attendance of just over 10,000. Suddenly Bristolians become fans of either us or City when something big happens. Your teams end of season. - Page 2 1735100789
    Hey! I am managing Bristol Rovers in FIFA. 1st year got them 2nd place and automatic promotion to league 1. I have to admit, I pace abuse them to a degree. Play a 4-3-3:

My VP. (89 overall Your teams end of season. - Page 2 601554)
    Logan(Guy i signed from another League 2 club)--------Virgo--------Sawyer---------Woodards
    Gill(C)--------------------------James Dunne (Another signing)
    Brown
    Carayol--------------------------------------------------------------------Zebroski
    Aniyinsah

Since its FIFA im sure this is completely unrealistic but I thought I'd put it out there and see what you think lol.

My domestic season just started. 8 points from 8.
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Thu May 10, 2012 6:44 pm

Your teams player of the year - Martin Škrtel, consistently great throughout the whole season. Slight dip in form recently however.
    Your teams most improved player - Martin Škrtel or Carroll. Mainly because Carroll was really poor last season so it is good to see that he has improved. Martin has improved massively, I never really wanted him to be part of the first team but this season he has become our best defender.
    Your teams surprise player of the season - Craig Bellamy. He performed brilliantly in the cup competitions.

Also, how has your season gone? - Not good personally. Liverpool are a club that should be in the top 4 at least and our home league form has been dreadful.
    Did it go according to plan? - No. We did win a competition however, I don't think that the Carling Cup was high on our list of priorities. Signings have under-achieved.
    Did you surpass expectations or underachieve? - I assume that our expectations were to get into Europe. So yes. Maybe.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu May 10, 2012 9:31 pm

Viva Ronaldo 7 wrote:Your teams most improved player: Danny Welbeck/Evans
    That's a stupid comment even by your stratospheric standards. Welbeck didn't play a single game for you last season.
    Radford
    Radford

Post by Radford Thu May 10, 2012 9:42 pm

Your teams player of the year: Thomas Barkhuizan (Blackpool loanee)
    Your teams most improved player - Micheal Townsend, was a very dodgy CB but now is quite dependable gaining 3 TOTW apps.
    Your teams surprise player of the season - Arquin. On his day is above League 2 but acts as though he is Balotelli.

Also, how has your season gone? Relegated out of the football league.
    Did it go according to plan? No, we got relegated.
    Did you surpass expectations or underachieve? Underachieved alot. We shown the sides potential against Crawley and Torquay at the end of the season.
    Potato-7
    Potato-7

Supports : Olympiakos

Post by Potato-7 Fri May 11, 2012 12:27 am

Your teams player of the year - Kevin Mirallas
    Your teams most improved player - Jose Holebas
    Your teams surprise player of the season - Pablo Orbaiz

Also, how has your season gone? Pretty well.
    Did it go according to plan? In the end,yes.

Did you surpass expectations or underachieve? I think we surprassed expectations,but we were very unlucky in europe.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 9:10 am

Your teams player of the year: Ben Foster
    Your teams most improved player: James Morrison
    Your teams surprise player of the season: Marc Antoine Fortune

Season has gone much better than expected, great season.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri May 11, 2012 9:11 am

Grenade wrote:Lol at Arsenals fans talking as if 3rd place has already been achieved.

I can't find a single post in here that confirms your shit post.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri May 11, 2012 9:13 am

N wrote:
    Grenade wrote:Lol at Arsenals fans talking as if 3rd place has already been achieved.

I can't find a single post in here that confirms your shit post.

Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:24 am