Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
BigJ0526
Grenade
Phadunkin Donuts
The_Quilo
Rafael Benitez
ConorCelticFC
Laurencio
Carlos Jenkinson
Drake
GK01
fluffy_kittens
Muhkoo
ShakerMatty
Andy
MickStupp
VivaRonaldoLAD
easley91
Zzonked
The Bat-Man
RubyArmyCTFC
Cadbury
Ham.
The Zlatan
Lux
Ra's al Ghul
Jordi
Steadman
ResurrectionRooney
Theo Filippo
Danny
Sean
Harrold
36 posters

Your teams end of season.

Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Your teams end of season. Empty Your teams end of season.

Post by Harrold Mon May 07, 2012 5:13 am

With the season over for the FL, discounting the play-offs, and the PL having just one game left. I want to know, in your opinion:

Your teams player of the year (doesn't have to be the official one)
    Your teams most improved player
    Your teams surprise player of the season

Also, how has your season gone? Did it go according to plan? Did you surpass expectations or underachieve?

Your teams end of season. 279869
    Sean

Your teams end of season. Empty Re: Your teams end of season.

Post by Sean Mon May 07, 2012 5:16 am

Harrold wrote:With the season over for the FL, discounting the play-offs, and the PL having just one game left. I want to know, in your opinion:

Also, how has your season gone? Did it go according to plan? Did you surpass expectations or underachieve?

Player of the year has to be Mata for me, took no time at all to settle in and just the kind of player we need

Most improved player would be Ramires.

Sturridge has been a bit of a surprise, didnt expect him to score so many goals, just needs to be less selfish

Season on the most has been pretty bad, really shit start, but if we win the FA Cup and the Champions League it's probably been the best season in our history.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 5:17 am

Your teams player of the year: van Persie

Your teams most improved player: Kos

Your teams surprise player of the season: Song
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 5:18 am

Your teams player of the year (doesn't have to be the official one) - Shay Given, kept us in the league.
    Your teams most improved player - Towards the end of the season, Warnock. Maybe Ireland aswell.
    Your teams surprise player of the season - Weimann, seems to be a great little player.

Also, how has your season gone? Shite.
    Did it go according to plan? No way.
    Did you surpass expectations or underachieve? Massively underachieved.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon May 07, 2012 5:18 am

Player of the year: I voted for Rooney. 33 goals, 1 away from his best total for a season. Even when he's played poor he's generally scored.

Most improved player: Welbeck.

Surprise player: Maybe Scholes. Obviously class, didn't think he'd return in the first place, and then didn't think his impact would be as big as it has been.

Success if we win the title, failure if we don't.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 5:19 am

Player of the year is Carrick, most improved based on last season and the season before is Carrick, surprise player of this season is Carrick. Seriously though Welbeck for the last one.

Underachieved but 89 points would be a good total, losing the title on GD.. meh we blew it ourselves.

Last edited by kyro7 on Mon May 07, 2012 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon May 07, 2012 5:19 am

Harrold wrote:With the season over for the FL, discounting the play-offs, and the PL having just one game left. I want to know, in your opinion:

Player of the year - Van Persie obviously
    Most improved - Koscielny
    Surprise player - Song in the sense that his passing has been so good.

In general our season has been shit especially quality wise but due to how poor the premier league has been this year we are in a good position presuming we still finish 3rd.. suppose it went according to plan I would of been happy with a top 4 finish. Finishing above Chelsea was a massive surprise.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon May 07, 2012 5:21 am

Danny wrote:Most improved player: Welbeck.

That's a stupid comment even by your stratospheric standards. Welbeck didn't play a single game for us last season.
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon May 07, 2012 5:22 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:

That's a stupid comment even by your stratospheric standards. Welbeck didn't play a single game for us last season.

Im so glad you are back rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon May 07, 2012 5:23 am

Player of the Year: Rooney
    Most improved player: Evans
    Surprise Player of the Season: Scholes

Also, how has your season gone? Disastrous. Failure in 5 competitions, barring a miracle. European showing was a complete disgrace.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon May 07, 2012 5:25 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:

He's improved since his loan at Sunderland last season. That why I put Welbeck you cunt.
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Mon May 07, 2012 5:25 am

Player of the year: Robin van Persie
    Most improved player of the year: Laurent Koscielny
    Surprise player of the year: Mikel Arteta

Started dreadfully and we have been extremely lucky to be in the position we are in. If Robin had one of his annual injuries then our season would've been over long before the final game of the season. Guess I can't complain though, however if we lose third place it will be a disastrous season if Chelsea win on the 19th.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 5:25 am

Skretel
    Skretel
    Skretel

Underachieved I guess. Kenny out.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Mon May 07, 2012 5:27 am

Player of the season: Rickie Lambert, 31 goals, 27 in the league. Been by far our best player this year, hence our new name, Lambert FC. pirat

Most improved: Frazer Richardson, was kept out of the side for most of last season by Danny Butterfield, but Richardson started most of our games this season, and fitted perfectly into Adkins' style of play by attacking down the right hand side, he was our second-top assister this season with 12 league assists.

Surprise player: Jos Hooiveld, many of our fans (including me) thought that this was a last ditch signing because we couldn't get anyone else. But he slotted in perfectly with José Fonte, and has hardly been beaten in the air all season. He's chipped in with 8 goals this season, 7 of which on Tuesday nights. lool I was delighted when we made the signing permanent, as he's been the man that held our defence together with his ability and consistency.

This season has been nothing short of a dream, being in the top two all season has been an amazing feat, and we also equalled the record for most consecutive home wins. South Coast supremacy was also reinstated, and although we were pipped to the post by Reading right at the tail end of the season, a second consecutive promotion is a fantastic feat.

I think it's safe to say expectations were exceeded.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon May 07, 2012 5:28 am

Player of the year: Robin van Persie - Undoubtedly our best player. Single-handedly carried us at times.
    Most improved player: Laurent Koscielny - Was very inconsistent last season and that has thankfully changed drastically. Regularly put in very good performances despite being part of an ever-changing back four.
    Surprise player of the season: Mikel Arteta - A lot of people will say Alex Song but I always believed that he would be an integral part of our team (although I could have never imagined that he'd have such an impact on the attacking side of our game, that was indeed a surprise), however, I think Mikel Arteta's surprised me the most with his performances. An aging offensive midfielder who had never received an international cap brought in to replace one of the best play-makers in the world, I really didn't think he was going to succeed. It came as a complete shock to me when I realised that Wenger had changed his position and that he was regularly putting in very solid performances in his new found role as a deep lying play-maker. He allowed Alex Song to thrive and the fact that we haven't won a single game without him all season speaks volumes.

Season evaluation - It all depends on how things go next week. We finish third and the season has gone better than expected. The realistic hope and expectation was that we'd scrape fourth so if we're able to top that then it's probably fair to say that we have surpassed many people's predictions. If results don't go our way next week and we drop out of the top four, then it has been a completely abysmal season due to not having reached our primary target. The fact that we've done poorly in the cup competitions (despite the fact that many do not hold them in a very high regard) means that the season cannot be looked at anything other than a failure if we do not qualify for the Champions League.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Mon May 07, 2012 5:29 am

Your teams player of the year - Mariappa. Rock solid defender...leader at the back amongst older players. Boss not worthy

Your teams most improved player - Deeney. Under other managers he has been used as bit part player, mostly on the wings. Under Dyche he has been a striker, since Sordell left he's been the main guy....and banged them in in the 2nd half of the season. Keep it up and he will score 20 goals next season.

Your teams surprise player of the season - Murray - Played 45 minutes last game of last season.....and didn't get much of a look in at the start of the season. A few sub appearances but not much. Watford vs Spurs in the Cup....he starts and is a star player, very unlucky not to get a goal when he hit the post. Since then he has been a regular and only lost one game...whilst he has scored a lot of goals and assisted others too. He has the makings of a top Premier League player.....we will have to fight hard to keep him that's for sure. Next season I'd expect him to improve even more...probably our best youth player since Ashley Young.

I think that some of these do come hand in hand....

Player of the season was Mariappa, Deeney or Hogg
    Most improved was Deeney or Murray
    Surprise was Murray for sure.

Also, how has your season gone? Fantastic. Started off looking like we might be in a relegation scrap...but we really pushed on and moved up the table.

Did it go according to plan? Well I don't think there really was a plan. We knew that we had the potential to do well, and didn't want to say "survive and we're happy" as that can kill the season once you're safe.

Did you surpass expectations or underachieve? On my expectations? I think we overachieved a bit. On 95% of people's expectations? We had a season on par with the likes of Southampton and Reading. We were tipped by most for relegation.....we lost Graham, Cowie, Buckley and Malky Mackay as well as most of our backroom staff. We then lost Sordell in January too. So to have such an amazing 2nd half of the season was a really great achievement for us, the players and Dyche. We have a shoestring budget...continuously sell our best players, so I'm very happy.

Last edited by Lux on Mon May 07, 2012 5:54 am; edited 2 times in total
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon May 07, 2012 5:29 am

Player of the year - Robin van Persie
    Most improved - Laurent Koscielny
    Surprise player - Mikel Arteta and Alex Song. Arteta because I didn't think he would become such and integral player for us. And Song because of his improvements offensively.

The season hasn't been great, but it has just seemed like a 'typical' season for us in the modern era. In one way, it seems like an improvement over last season with a potential third place finish. But in another way it seems more like failure due to acquiring less points that last season.

I think we have certainly surpassed expectations though.
    Ham.
    Ham.

Post by Ham. Mon May 07, 2012 5:30 am

Your teams player of the year (doesn't have to be the official one) - Rooney
    Your teams most improved player - Evans
    Your teams surprise player of the season - Evans

Also, how has your season gone? - Poor
    Did it go according to plan? - No
    Did you surpass expectations or underachieve? Underachieve
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Mon May 07, 2012 5:30 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:

Skretel
    Skretel
    Skretel

Never heard of them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 5:31 am

Player of the year - Robin Van Persie

Most improved player - Koscielny

Surprise player of the season - Koscielny
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 5:31 am

Cadbury wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:

Skretel
    Skretel
    Skretel

Never heard of them.

Well then, you're a shit fan.
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Mon May 07, 2012 5:32 am

Your teams player of the year: Sido Jombati
    Your teams most improved player: Steve Elliot
    Your teams surprise player of the season: Sido Jombati - Took him 10 games for him to make his debut after signing from Bath City. Since then he has been brilliant. Very skillful as well for a full back

6th in the table, with a cup tie away at Tottenham. I would have taken that at the start of the season but we were top of the table after 27 games so it's really disappointing we fell away like we did. People might say we've overachieved, but this is one of the greatest squads we've ever had. I never thought I'd see an England Under 21 keeper playing for us I must admit.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Mon May 07, 2012 5:34 am

For me our player of the year has been Danny Woodards. He's been our most consistent preformer all season. He's been solid at the back. He's been extremely versatile despite being a RB he's played all across the back four and in the centre and right of midfield. Deserved to pick the award up.

Our most improved player has to Carayol. He wasn't anything special at the start of the season but has improved in the last half of the season. Getting some brilliant goals, assists and going on some magnificent runs. He's been so good he's been linked to a move straight into the Championship.

Surprise player of the season is probably between Eliot Richards, the former Wales youth player has been a main player for us. He's mainly played on the right despite being a striker. He picked up our young player of the year award. He scored his first pro hat-trick in the 7-1 win at Burton earlier on last month which took his total for the season to 10.

I'd like to mention Cian Bolger and Lee Brown in there. The former is on loan from Leicester, again, and after his first spell I was a little unsure on him but he's been brilliant. Lee Brown came in on a free from QPR and was pretty unknown to us, or at least me, and has been a consistent fixture in our season. Mainly playing on the left, usually as a LB but has been used a fair few times as a LM.

Our season didn't go to plan. Our aim was to be in the-playoffs. We had a massive overhaul in our squad with 16 first team players being brought in. With the sales of key players like Hoskins, Lines and the loss of Coles on a free had us with a team who had barely played together. We went on a run from the start of November to the start of January without winning a single game.

In the second half of the season we sacked our 3rd manager in a year and replaced him with Mark McGhee. He made an instant impact by leading us to a 2-0 victory over "rivals" Cheltenham. cheers We had some good wins on the road to the end of the season beating Burton 7-1 and Accrington 5-1. We ended the season in 13th. Neutral

My highlight of the season was us playing Villa in the FA Cup. It was fantastic seeing our players on the field against full internations and Heskey. Your teams end of season. 3925848005 It was an amazing atmosphere and our largest turn-out of the season with an attendance of just over 10,000. Suddenly Bristolians become fans of either us or City when something big happens. Your teams end of season. 1735100789

Last edited by Harrold on Mon May 07, 2012 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Mon May 07, 2012 5:34 am

Player of the year: Robin van Persie
    Most improved player: Thomas Rosicky
    Surprise player of the season: Mikel Arteta

Koscielny hasn't improved, he's always been this good, just didn't want to show it shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 5:41 am

Your teams player of the year: Carlos Bocanegra (Would have been Naismith if he hadn't got injured, we were like 18 points ahead with him, he got injured and well, yeah.)
    Your teams most improved player: Maurice Edu
    Your teams surprise player of the season: Maurice Edu
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 5:44 am

our teams player of the year: Charlie Mulgrew
    Your teams most improved player: Charlie Mulgrew
    Your teams surprise player of the season: Georgios Samaras
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 5:46 am

Jordi wrote:Player of the season: Rickie Lambert, 31 goals, 27 in the league. Been by far our best player this year, hence our new name, Lambert FC. pirat

Most improved: Frazer Richardson, was kept out of the side for most of last season by Danny Butterfield, but Richardson started most of our games this season, and fitted perfectly into Adkins' style of play by attacking down the right hand side, he was our second-top assister this season with 12 league assists.

Surprise player: Jos Hooiveld, many of our fans (including me) thought that this was a last ditch signing because we couldn't get anyone else. But he slotted in perfectly with José Fonte, and has hardly been beaten in the air all season. He's chipped in with 8 goals this season, 7 of which on Tuesday nights. lool I was delighted when we made the signing permanent, as he's been the man that held our defence together with his ability and consistency.

This season has been nothing short of a dream, being in the top two all season has been an amazing feat, and we also equalled the record for most consecutive home wins. South Coast supremacy was also reinstated, and although we were pipped to the post by Reading right at the tail end of the season, a second consecutive promotion is a fantastic feat.

I think it's safe to say expectations were exceeded.
    Reading this made me happy. Smile
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon May 07, 2012 5:52 am

Player of the season: Kompany
    Most improved: Micah Richards
    Surprise: Tevez actually coming back

It's been a fantastic season, winning the league or no. At the start of the year I said I just wanted us to challenge for the title and we've definitely done that. Would have liked a better cup run in either the FA or CL, but honestly that's not a big deal.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Mon May 07, 2012 5:55 am

Player of the year - Dannie Bulman (Crawley). Luka Modric or Scott Parker (Tottenham)
    Most improved - Hard to say for Crawley, I'll say Scott Shearer. Assou-Ekotto for Tottenham
    Surprise player - Michel Kuipers, did not think he'd be as great as he had been when we needed him to step up. Kyle Walker for Spurs.

Crawley - very much so, I expected play-offs so to get automatic promotion even with Tubbs, Barnett and Evans going is an amazing feat.
    Tottenham - 4th was the aim, and with one game left it is very much possible. Even 3rd is possible if things go our way on the last day. Obviously th might not even bring Champions League football next season because of Chelsea, but as that was the minimum I'd say again very much to plan at least.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 5:55 am

Glen Johnson. His injury was the main reason we dropped off in the race for fourth.

We haven't really had any players break through this year, but Shelvey has played a bit more towards the end of the season and has looked quite decent.

Martin Kelly. Lauded by many as the "most well rounded right back" at the club, this lad has shown that he offers very little going forward, lacks the focus and positioning to be a solid defender, and gets injured every time he plays consecutive matches. A very disappointing campaign for MK34.

Absolutely shambolic. I suppose we "underachieved" in one sense, but when you actually look at the quality of our players or lack thereof, 8th/9th place is about right.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:38 am