Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
ILCaesar
menalawyerguy
SBSP
Pippo
Barton
Torresxvilla
Lux
LM_Punk
LeBron
Bebe_Fun
Kuled
15 posters

PES 2011 is better than FIFA 11.

Anonymous

PES 2011 is better than FIFA 11. Empty PES 2011 is better than FIFA 11.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:08 am

don't flame me. i know many of you are FIFA fans as was i. but this year PES has re-taken the thrown, to me it seems more realistic, you can shoot from distance on harder settings and the CPU AI is not like a swarm of bees.

I have been playing FIFA non-stop since 2003, this was not a decision i took lightly and i would encourage everyone to follow suit. just buy PES and if you dont like it after a week, trade it in. it'll cost you a quid or two in the long run if you dont like it. i'm not saying its for everyone, i can see the merits in playing FIFA, it has some very good features.

PES' BAL is far superior to BAP on FIFA - you feel far more involved with your players career and your team-mates' AI is much better (not perfect) than FIFA's attempt!

havn't playd online yet so cant comment.

the king is dead, long live the king!

can i have a PES 2011 section please mods?
    Kuled

PES 2011 is better than FIFA 11. Empty Re: PES 2011 is better than FIFA 11.

Post by Kuled Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:18 am

Ok.
    Bebe_Fun
    Bebe_Fun

Supports : Itchy Balls

Post by Bebe_Fun Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:21 am

PES is fucking shit I played it in HMV with my mate, everything is so robotic, nothing compare to Fifa's smooth play.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:31 am

Bebe_Fun wrote:PES is fucking shit I played it in HMV with my mate, everything is so robotic, nothing compare to Fifa's smooth play.

you played it in HMV with your mate?

well you must be the authority on all things games related, and i take back my comments. PES is shit 'cos bebe fun played 5 mins of it in a high street store and he says its shit.

i didnt like it at first, purely because it is different, but thankfully i didnt right it off after playing the demo or the full game a couple of times.

im off for some PES fun.
    Bebe_Fun
    Bebe_Fun

Supports : Itchy Balls

Post by Bebe_Fun Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:38 am

5 minutes?? We played it for over an hour and a half mate as there were no queues, maybe because not many people are interested in a shit game, but nonetheless we gave it a go, played more than enough games to say it is not even half as good as Fifa.
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:15 am

'orrible bastard wrote:don't flame me. i know many of you are FIFA fans as was i. but this year PES has re-taken the thrown, to me it seems more realistic, you can shoot from distance on harder settings and the CPU AI is not like a swarm of bees.

I have been playing FIFA non-stop since 2003, this was not a decision i took lightly and i would encourage everyone to follow suit. just buy PES and if you dont like it after a week, trade it in. it'll cost you a quid or two in the long run if you dont like it. i'm not saying its for everyone, i can see the merits in playing FIFA, it has some very good features.

PES' BAL is far superior to BAP on FIFA - you feel far more involved with your players career and your team-mates' AI is much better (not perfect) than FIFA's attempt!

havn't playd online yet so cant comment.

the king is dead, long live the king!

can i have a PES 2011 section please mods?

Indeed, the game disk does make a good frisbee.
    LM_Punk

Post by LM_Punk Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:33 am

Bebe_Fun wrote:5 minutes?? We played it for over an hour and a half

Playing a game for that amount of time indicates you were having some sort of enjoyment because nobody in their right minds would do something (that they didn't have to do) that they DON'T LIKE at all let alone for an hour and a half..

Or do you have nothing better to do than do something that you don't like for an hour n a half
    LM_Punk

Post by LM_Punk Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:34 am

TevezIsOverrated wrote:

Doubt it the aerodynamic properties aren't as good as a good made frisbee
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:12 am

LM_Punk wrote:Playing a game for that amount of time indicates you were having some sort of enjoyment because nobody in their right minds would do something (that they didn't have to do) that they DON'T LIKE at all let alone for an hour and a half..

Or do you have nothing better to do than do something that you don't like for an hour n a half

It's not like FIFA is on the boundary of fun/not fun. A game could be half as good as FIFA and still be enjoyable to an extent.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:11 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    LM_Punk wrote:Playing a game for that amount of time indicates you were having some sort of enjoyment because nobody in their right minds would do something (that they didn't have to do) that they DON'T LIKE at all let alone for an hour and a half..

It's not like FIFA is on the boundary of fun/not fun. A game could be half as good as FIFA and still be enjoyable to an extent.

the fact that FIFA IS on the boundary is why i am taking my copy to CEX later on. just because im good at it dosn't make it fun! i was winning but it meant nothing. the fun has gone from FIFA for me, i was choosing to watch TV over squeezing a couple of games in before bed! the magic has gone and FIFA 11 after a month already fails to excite me! (unlike FIFA 10 which took until february or march).

i just played my last game. i won 2 0, England (with a fixed kit - the names are in the right place now) V Brazil (unlicenced of course - at least you can fix that on PES) at Wembley (EA go to all the bother and expense of buying the England licence and put the subs bench in the wrong place! - and it still iritates me that with a home kit as basic as Englands in the world cup they still got the collar wrong! -amateurs)

needless to say i played on legendary, and didnt enjoy beating Brazil one bit! every victory is workman like. im nothing but well drilled and energetic on the harder settings - i have no time or space for sexy football on FIFA. playing games is about enjoying yourself. FIFA may have better movement and more control over your team than PES but it aint half boring.

may the first of novermber, two thousand and ten be forever remembered as the date i returned fully to a good and sorely missed old friend. hello PES, its good to be back.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:19 am

I get the same thing in that I don't have much time for FIFA any more.....it's a good game but ever since 10 I've just been not that bothered to play it. It's probably more that I'm just not as much into games as I used to be.

I've played PES and I don't like that as much.....in fact I've never liked PES..not a fanboy thing it's just not my game. But recently FIFA has been getting a bit more boring too.....09 was buggy and wasn't realistic but was actually enjoyable.
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:03 am

Don't see the point in discussing this.

No point trying to convince others...some people are fanboys and are obviously biased.

I personally like PES more, but have no problem on other people liking Fifa better...we all have our preferences. I play by myself mostly so I need a good career mode. Frankly, Fifa's CM is shit, so I'm going with PES's master league.

Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:10 am

Only fanboys give a flying fuck. There both good games, it doesn't matter which one you think is better, just shut the fuck up and play the damn game. Rolling Eyes
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:29 am

Luxz0rz wrote:I get the same thing in that I don't have much time for FIFA any more.....it's a good game but ever since 10 I've just been not that bothered to play it. It's probably more that I'm just not as much into games as I used to be.

I've played PES and I don't like that as much.....in fact I've never liked PES..not a fanboy thing it's just not my game. But recently FIFA has been getting a bit more boring too.....09 was buggy and wasn't realistic but was actually enjoyable.

Agreed.

Fifa 07 is the best game I've ever played and I have played PES 6. 07 was so much fun.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:45 am

FIFA is so much better than PES. The animations are far better and the gameplay is much more enjoyable.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:21 am

Tbh Pes is absolute bullshit.
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:52 am

JMB_94 wrote:Only fanboys give a flying fuck. There both good games, it doesn't matter which one you think is better, just shut the fuck up and play the damn game. Rolling Eyes

Ditto.

Just play whichever game you want to play.

Nobody is interested in knowing if you hate/like Fifa/PES.

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:Tbh Pes is absolute bullshit.

And Fifa is not? Laughing
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:46 am

LM_Punk wrote:
    TevezIsOverrated wrote:

Doubt it the aerodynamic properties aren't as good as a good made frisbee

Take 2.

Aaaaaaand

ACTION.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:18 pm

LM_Punk wrote:
    Bebe_Fun wrote:5 minutes?? We played it for over an hour and a half

Playing a game for that amount of time indicates you were having some sort of enjoyment because nobody in their right minds would do something (that they didn't have to do) that they DON'T LIKE at all let alone for an hour and a half..

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

If he plays it for 5 mins, people say he's a muppet for not giving it a proper go.

If he plays for an hour and a half, people say he must have liked it subconsciously.

Either way, you have an avenue for attack. Nice gambit.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:38 pm

My biggest problem with PES 2011 is the licensing and the lack of stadiums. I am told there is a patch or a fix of some kind for this but I haven't seen an explanation of how it works or where to get it.
    LM_Punk

Post by LM_Punk Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:01 am

menalawyerguy wrote:My biggest problem with PES 2011 is the licensing and the lack of stadiums. I am told there is a patch or a fix of some kind for this but I haven't seen an explanation of how it works or where to get it.

Good points made in you're other post,

But yeah.. google PES 2011 Option Pack... download it.. copy all the bits.. bobs your uncle. fannys your aunt.. thats it.. thats all.. baby goes to sleep
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:23 am

The presentation of PES is impressive. The Master League is far superior to FIFA's Career Mode. There's no comparison really. If I get accustomed to the gameplay (which is a huge IF), then PES will definitely be the preferred game this year for me. Am I correct that you can't use a set cursor (i.e. control just one player at all times) in Master League games? Or is there a way to do it? I couldn't find a way.

Also, it would be good if you could change some of the more advanced commands. Is there a way to do it? For example, you have to double click the top R button to call for a pass. That's annoying. Is there a way to change that?
    ILCaesar
    ILCaesar

Supports : Cruel

Post by ILCaesar Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:29 am

PES 2011 is average, just as FIFA11 is average.

Gameplay:

FIFA11: 7.5/10; PES2011: 6/10

Player graphics:

FIFA11: 9/10; PES2011: 5/10 (sorry, but that whole picture paste face is horrid and outdated)

Kits:

FIFA11: 6/10; PES2011: 6/10

Match presentation (stadiums, weather, the way certain times of day look) :

FIFA11: 5/10; PES2011 :7.5/10

Customisation:

FIFA11: 5.5/10; PES2011: 8/10

Both have high and low points, but if I have to say which I'm more disappointed with, it'd be FIFA11. It had so much potential and it was thrown away. I expect PES to be average or worse, so I'm not really disappointed. But FIFA11...I would've thought the club mics problem would've been fixed, the fact that you can be a small player and be as strong as some of the better defenders but you can't be big and just as fast as some of the nippier players (unrealistic. Not every tall guy is as slow as Luca Toni), it was released with micropauses (yes, I know this has been patched), and I think most of the non-English teams are severely underrated. Not to mention other things like unrealistic play from small teams and insane pressure play.

Some people don't like PES because it doesn't have most of teh EPL teams licensed but that's not really a selling point unless you are a fan of EPL. I'm not, so I don't care.

My advice: Buy both when they price drop and get the best of both or wait until 2012 editions of the games come out and spend wisely.
    masutora
    masutora

Supports : Yes

Post by masutora Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:27 am

I have both games. Prefer FIFA gameplay but PES for master league and the be a legend thing.

I have all the licenses anyway. I find ratings to be more fair in PES.

In terms of a favourite, I don't have one. They're both just OK.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:28 am

They are both shit.
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:37 pm

Jut got PES 11 this morning...

Best Master League/Career Mode/Manager Mode I have ever played on the PES/Fifa Series. Having a blast playing it.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:36 am

Just got PES11.

Is this some sort of sick joke?

I thought FIFA was bad. PES is fucking shocking. They dribble like there's a bungee chord connecting the ball to their feet.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:53 pm

I got this for Christmas and sort of like it. Fifa is more realistic but this is more fun.

I like that you can edit the players the most tbh.
    masutora
    masutora

Supports : Yes

Post by masutora Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:37 am

In my Master League I somehow got 3 17 year olds in my youth in the second season. A Mexican named Blanco who is somehow already bald, a really ugly Portuguese midget named Deco and some German keeper named Neuer. And this is for my Italian club.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:17 am

masutora wrote:In my Master League I somehow got 3 17 year olds in my youth in the second season. A Mexican named Blanco who is somehow already bald, a really ugly Portuguese midget named Deco and some German keeper named Neuer. And this is for my Italian club.

yeah, its far from perfect. does FIFA still generate comedy names for new players?

my scout once found a young Brazilian player by the name of Carl Partridge. i also signed a South Korean named Peter Torres. this was on FIFA 10.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:54 am