Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
fluffy_kittens
Cameron.
El_indian
Juventino
Cam
Jordan Henderchip
MickStupp
Lux
Kuled
mac
El Jefe
Jorlung
dena
Sean
Childish Logic
Danny
crump
Jord
Mustangt125
Mouse
24 posters

Assassins Creed 3

Sean

Assassins Creed 3 - Page 33 Empty Re: Assassins Creed 3

Post by Sean Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:15 am

Tbf, think of any big game/series and the majority will have american protagonists or at leas include America in some way.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:22 am

Ted wrote:Tbf, think of any big game/series and the majority will have american protagonists or at leas include America in some way.

Things like GTA and COD are obvious, but who else? Mario? Halo? Gears of War? Zelda? Elder Scrolls? Pokemon? Final Fantasy?

Bushido is just looking for something to complain about. Neutral

To say the majority of games are geared toward americans is just lazy.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:33 am

dena wrote:
    Ted wrote:Tbf, think of any big game/series and the majority will have american protagonists or at leas include America in some way.

Things like GTA and COD are obvious, but who else? Mario? Halo? Gears of War? Zelda? Elder Scrolls? Pokemon? Final Fantasy?

Bushido is just looking for something to complain about. Neutral

To say the majority of games are geared toward americans is just lazy.

I love how the majority are Nintendo games. Fallout, Battlefield, Mass Effect, Command and Conquer, Hitman, Red Dead, Left 4 dead, Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Duke Nukem, Half Life. As well as plenty more. Most video game characters have American accents also.

I'm not looking for something to complain about just because most video games are set in America or are Sci Fi games with Army corps following American command and structure. (Halo). It's not lazy it's very true.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:40 am

dena wrote:How are videogames made with Americans in mind?

They're a huge country and are the main market audience when it comes to video games in Europe and obviously America. There needs to be a change in scenery from 'America' it's been done to death now, places like Japan/Korea/France/England/ect are never explored in the video game world. Surely you've had your fill of American protagonists fighting Russians. Or in this case, British.

JRPGs are a great example as they don't sell well in America as they use a lot of historical Japanese references which westerners don't understand. Americans and the rest of the world are too set in the way of 'American games' whereas there should be many different countries used instead of the 'tried and tested'.

dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:49 am

Bushido wrote:
    dena wrote:How are videogames made with Americans in mind?

They're a huge country and are the main market audience when it comes to video games in Europe and obviously America. There needs to be a change in scenery from 'America' it's been done to death now, places like Japan/Korea/France/England/ect are never explored in the video game world. Surely you've had your fill of American protagonists fighting Russians. Or in this case, British.

JRPGs are a great example as they don't sell well in America as they use a lot of historical Japanese references which westerners don't understand. Americans and the rest of the world are too set in the way of 'American games' whereas there should be many different countries used instead of the 'tried and tested'.

The games which I listed before are some of the best selling video games of all time and have zero to no ties about America. So I don't see your point.

JRPGs don't sell well here for a number of reasons, for one they are cliche as hell, voice acting is consistently poorly translated, the battle system hasnt changed much for 20 years and most stories are similar. References that go over people heads are the least of their worries.

The biggest problem with the AC series was that the story was confusing and fighting was too easy, they seemed to revamp the fighting and while the story will probably be confusing as fuck all I read about is people complain about it being in America, as if they just didnt go explore the middle east and europe, it makes no sense. There is no agenda here.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:51 am

Jay wrote:Where is cheapest for pre-ordering?
    Shopto look good. If you have a PS3 you can buy it on the 30th with a US account from the PSN store (with an extra mission DLC too)
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:56 am

connor is british
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:57 am

dena wrote:
    Bushido wrote:

The games which I listed before are some of the best selling video games of all time and have zero to no ties about America. So I don't see your point.

JRPGs don't sell well here for a number of reasons, for one they are cliche as hell, voice acting is consistently poorly translated, the battle system hasnt changed much for 20 years and most stories are similar. References that go over people heads are the least of their worries.

The biggest problem with the AC series was that the story was confusing and fighting was too easy, they seemed to revamp the fighting and while the story will probably be confusing as fuck all I read about is people complain about it being in America, as if they just didnt go explore the middle east and europe, it makes no sense. There is no agenda here.

Final Fantasy.

As I've said. I would have preferred it to be in Japan or some sort of Ancient times as the artifact is an Ancient artifact. I don't need to explain much more as I've been over it, so please re read anything I've written as it's all there.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:59 am

It's not from from any part of the world Neutral
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:02 am

What is final fantasy an answer to? A game with American influence or a JRPG that sells well? Because FF still fits the bill of what I've said about JRPGs, the last I played was 13 and the story was ridiculously cheesy, the battle system improved (and was criticized) but still doesn't match the fluidity of a Skyrim/Dark Souls, etc.

I've seen your other arguments but they don't make sense, the storyline that takes place in the past of AC jumps a few hundred years for each major installation of the game, to go back wouldnt make sense.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:28 am

I've never played Skyrim, where is it set, like Scandinavia or something?
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:44 am

Jay wrote:I've never played Skyrim, where is it set, like Scandinavia or something?

Brighton.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Laughing About all the typical American game stuff, as far as I know Assassins Creed itself isn't really a typical American game so this is more likely to be a typical Assassins Creed game than anything else.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:25 pm

Kuled wrote:Because it's one of the most important revolutions in history..arguably THE most important revolution
    lol

No way.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:17 pm

I'm thinking about getting a new PS3 just because of this...My baby has been with me for 5 years and I just don't think it can handle 2000 NPCs in one level, it would lag so much facepalm Just look at Xbox, it needs 2 discs to handle it because it's so shit.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:23 am

My life would be complete if they release just one AC game on a next gen console.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:13 am

In case you missed it shifty 9 days for Americans, 10 for us...So close now Very Happy
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:46 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    Kuled wrote:Because it's one of the most important revolutions in history..arguably THE most important revolution
    lol

No way.

Go on then shifty
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:02 am

Do you think this'll be the last game Kuled?
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:25 am

Pre ordered this months ago from blockbuster can't wait to get it!!
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:33 am

No idea Jay, they said they left clues in the game for the next game should there be one..I know I've been saying it should end but after I finish the game I know I'll be wanting another one to come out.
    Jeff wrote:Pre ordered this months ago from blockbuster can't wait to get it!!
    Going to the midnight release? shifty
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:38 am

No i can wait.
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:57 am

dena wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:
    lol

No way.

Go on then shifty
    http://www.cracked.com/article_19251_5-forgotten-revolutions-that-created-modern-world.html
    What a Face
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:59 am

I'll still go with the American king shifty

Even if the Haitian Revolution hadn't occurred eventually that land would've been bought by America, probably at a higher cost though.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:41 am

Kuled wrote:No idea Jay, they said they left clues in the game for the next game should there be one..I know I've been saying it should end but after I finish the game I know I'll be wanting another one to come out.

So if there is another game there'll be clues in AC3?
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:46 am

I wish the adverts for AC used better music. It really doesn't fit modern music, whatsoever. Number 2 was the same.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:54 am

Jay wrote:
    Kuled wrote:No idea Jay, they said they left clues in the game for the next game should there be one..I know I've been saying it should end but after I finish the game I know I'll be wanting another one to come out.

That's what Hutchinson said. Good thinking tbh.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:10 pm

Jay wrote:Laughing About all the typical American game stuff, as far as I know Assassins Creed itself isn't really a typical American game so this is more likely to be a typical Assassins Creed game than anything else.

Anybody who doesn't get this game because they dont wanna kill fake British soldiers probably has bigger problems.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:10 am

Mustangt125 wrote:
    Jay wrote:Laughing About all the typical American game stuff, as far as I know Assassins Creed itself isn't really a typical American game so this is more likely to be a typical Assassins Creed game than anything else.

Anybody who doesn't get this game because they dont wanna kill fake British soldiers probably has bigger problems.

If that's aimed at me then, you're an idiot.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:45 am

Kuled wrote:
    Jay wrote:

That's what Hutchinson said. Good thinking tbh.

That means I'll play it once, then again and again looking for clues. I'm guessing that they're not entirely sure whether they'll make another one, it's too cruel to tease fans like that if they had no intention.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:43 pm