Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
bcfcben
The Bat-Man
ricky//habana
menalawyerguy
Benitez
Gegilworld93
George
Ben 10
Jord
Carlos Jenkinson
14 posters

How do you sort out Aston Villa?

George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

How do you sort out Aston Villa? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you sort out Aston Villa?

Post by George Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:32 am

King Carlos wrote:
    GeorgeMiles6 wrote:Sack McLeish. Not a fan of him to be honest. Also, the fans will never be completely on his side.
    I feel that the best manager available is Rafa Benitez. However I think that Villa would find it very hard to get him as the manager.

The best couple I can think of are him and Capello - but neither will come to us. Benitez turned us down once already. There are some decent managers out there, but all in jobs that they wouldn't leave to come to us. If we sack McLeish we can only bring in someone else mediocre at best, the only thing we will benefit from it will be a few more fans will be on his side.

Guess so. Bringing in a young manager would be a good idea. Lambert or Rodgers would be great. Especially Rodgers. He would get the side playing good football.
    Anonymous

How do you sort out Aston Villa? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you sort out Aston Villa?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:02 am

I think Villa have just returned to being that boring average PL side they always were before MON tbh shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:02 am

Anyone think we might actually be relegated?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:03 am

No chance. There are 3 teams at least, that are a lot worse
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:21 am

Villa need to go for a young manager that has done fairly well at other clubs. Look at how Brendan Rodgers and Lambert have done with their promoted teams. I hate how teams make the mistake of going for experienced managers who make the same mistakes over and over again.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:27 am

Britfag wrote:Villa need to go for a young manager that has done fairly well at other clubs. Look at how Brendan Rodgers and Lambert have done with their promoted teams. I hate how teams make the mistake of going for experienced managers who make the same mistakes over and over again.

Exactly this. Enough of the same recycled managers over and over again. Most of them are completely incompetent as well. Premier League teams need to start scouting managers properly if they don't want to be stuck in this indefinite loop of mediocrity.
    Benitez
    Benitez

Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

Post by Benitez Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:07 pm

First of all, get rid of the clueless manager who should of never been hired in the first place, then get rid of all the shit deadwood who simply aren't good enough (Heskey,Dunne,Collins,Warnock,Beye ect) then get a wider scouting ranger, as we've seen, Villa have failed to make the most of the foreign markets and when they brought in Makoun, they sent him out on loan.

They also need to keep big players in Summer (Bent,Given,Bannan)

A takeover would be ideal
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:17 pm

you'll have to face the facts you are no longer top dogs in the west midlands smug
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:12 pm

Fonseca wrote:What's wrong with it
    It's full of Aston Villains.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:49 am

Bent out for the season. We are well and truly fucked. Would seriously not be shocked if we got relegated now.
    ricky//habana
    ricky//habana

Supports : DFA79

Post by ricky//habana Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:30 am

Chris Houghton is the answer.

1) Good manager

2) Piss off Birmingham, much more importantly.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:33 pm

"Aston Villa have announced losses of almost £54 million for the year ended May 31, 2011."

Solution: have Arsenal give their £50M+ profit for the year to Aston Villa. It's not like Arsenal use it anyways. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:19 pm

ahlycotc wrote:"Aston Villa have announced losses of almost £54 million for the year ended May 31, 2011."

Solution: have Arsenal give their £50M+ profit for the year to Aston Villa. It's not like Arsenal use it anyways. shifty

Oh they will.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:37 pm

ahlycotc wrote:"Aston Villa have announced losses of almost £54 million for the year ended May 31, 2011."

Oh look the Barcelona glory hunter is taking another dig at Arsenal.

Pathetic. Rolling Eyes
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:37 pm

Arsenal are the greatest financial model ever, they should be used as an example at university lectures and so forth.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:38 pm

As the dude said on SSN, Arsenal's figures aren't very good at all if you remove the Fabregas/Nasri transfers. Thus proving that they're a selling club.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:05 am

The Bat-Man wrote:Arsenal are the greatest financial model ever, they should be used as an example at university lectures and so forth.

Yes, giving 50k to Djourou makes perfect financial sense shifty
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Post by bcfcben Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:18 am

Villa are where they are because they are crap (like us), they aren't underachieving due to the fact that they are no where near as good as they think they are, especially with McLeish in charge.....Sorry Bent im a hater and im gonna hate How do you sort out Aston Villa? - Page 2 232912
    jeb4eva
    jeb4eva

Supports : Manchester United

Post by jeb4eva Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:29 am

Benitez wrote:First of all, get rid of the clueless manager who should of never been hired in the first place, then get rid of all the shit deadwood who simply aren't good enough (Heskey,Dunne,Collins,Warnock,Beye ect) then get a wider scouting ranger, as we've seen, Villa have failed to make the most of the foreign markets and when they brought in Makoun, they sent him out on loan.

They also need to keep big players in Summer (Bent,Given,Bannan)

A takeover would be ideal

Oh dear Leo. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:41 am

Please god, send them down. pray
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:21 am

Why would you appoint a manager who just got your rivals relegated rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:28 am

Rumours of him walking/being sacked.

Just hope to God it's true.

If we keep him, we will get relegated. Guaranteed.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:30 am

Lol, they won't get relegated. 8 points clear from bottom, with 5 shit teams below them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:33 am

Phadunkin Donuts wrote:Lol, they won't get relegated. 8 points clear from bottom, with 5 shit teams below them.

Our run of games are incredibly hard, and I can't see us getting anywhere near 40 points.

Wigan and Blackburn should have been 6 points, 4 at the minimum. Instead we come out with 2. Bent is out for the season. We basically play the all the 'big teams' throw in Swansea, Fulham, Stoke, Sunderland, Fulham and Norwich. I can't see us getting another 10 points.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:34 am

He's absolutely horrible, I don't even see how he's good defensively which is supposed to be his expertise
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:36 am

King Carlos wrote:
    Phadunkin Donuts wrote:Lol, they won't get relegated. 8 points clear from bottom, with 5 shit teams below them.

Our run of games are incredibly hard, and I can't see us getting anywhere near 40 points.

Wigan and Blackburn should have been 6 points, 4 at the minimum. Instead we come out with 2. Bent is out for the season. We basically play the all the 'big teams' throw in Swansea, Fulham, Stoke, Sunderland, Fulham and Norwich. I can't see us getting another 10 points.

Look at everyone below you.. their schedule is just as threatening.

Really.. no way Aston Villa will get relegated. They aren't shit enough. Not this year.
    jeb4eva
    jeb4eva

Supports : Manchester United

Post by jeb4eva Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:37 am

King Carlos wrote:

Villa won't need 40 anyway to stay up. I'd say 34 points will be enough to stay up. That's 4 points from 11 matches.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:39 am

jeb4eva wrote:
    King Carlos wrote:

Villa won't need 40 anyway to stay up. I'd say 34 points will be enough to stay up. That's 4 points from 11 matches.

34 OMG I'd say that's a bit low isn't it.

Anyway, getting to 40 is definite safety and gives us a bit to relax about, if it gets to the last 2 or 3 games and we still need a couple of points we won't get them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:40 am

Phadunkin Donuts wrote:
    King Carlos wrote:

Look at everyone below you.. their schedule is just as threatening.

Really.. no way Aston Villa will get relegated. They aren't shit enough. Not this year.

I wouldn't be so sure if I was you. Watching us week in week out, we just play shocking. No desire to win games at all. Every team below us seems to have that bit more about them than we do, and I seriously think we won't pick up the points.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:42 am

It's amazing how fast things change. Would of never though villa would of been in this position.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:16 am