Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Laurencio
Benitez
6 posters

A rule should be implemented to stop fake injuries

Anonymous

A rule should be implemented to stop fake injuries - Page 2 Empty Re: A rule should be implemented to stop fake injuries

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:17 am

BladeGunner wrote:Honest to god, it's fucking bewildering how poor the reading and comprehension skills are of some members.
    Sean

A rule should be implemented to stop fake injuries - Page 2 Empty Re: A rule should be implemented to stop fake injuries

Post by Sean Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:18 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    Sean wrote:I dont see how it would stop diving, if someone dives they wouldnt ask for the physio to come on because they would have to leave the field for no reason, players could still dive and then just get back up.

For players who time waste by feigning injury. It's really not that complex.

He said it would stop diving which is what Im referring to, drop the superiority complex.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:18 am

BladeGunner wrote:Honest to god, it's fucking bewildering how poor the reading and comprehension skills are of some members.
    this Neutral
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:19 am

Ed wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:What about those that need a quick fix? A band-aid to stop blood, some tape to shore up an ankle, or a quick spray of ice to stop an injury from happening?
    i agree with this point, but i guess they would just have to deal with it, it would also give the physio time just to make sure its all dont properly and so there is a minimal chance of injury.

I remember several times when we've had to bring Vidic or Evans to the sideline to deal with some sort of small injury or bruise as a result of a collision, something we brough the physio on for the second it happened. As a result of having our player off the pitch we almost conceeded twice. If they had been gone for 5 minutes we would have been screwed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:19 am

removed diving from the title as it seems people have an inability to actually read the thread and prefer to just read the topic title.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:19 am

Sean wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

For players who time waste by feigning injury. It's really not that complex.

He said it would stop diving which is what Im referring to, drop the superiority complex.

What superiority complex? You and a bunch of others came in and called his idea stupid without even giving it much consideration.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:21 am

Unfortunately its just one of those things you can't do much about, I don't think its really viable to implement stuff like this although it isn't a bad idea Laughing

Sean

Post by Sean Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:22 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    Sean wrote:

What superiority complex? You and a bunch of others came in and called his idea stupid without even giving it much consideration.

You go around this forum thinking you're better than everyone, you do it all the time.

It is stupid, as Laurencio said, not every genuine occasion a physio comes on requires 5 minutes for treatment. Are we supposed to punish those players for needing treatment?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:22 am

Last edited by Jelavić7|EFC on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:22 am

Theo Filippo wrote:Unfortunately its just one of those things you can't do much about, I don't think its really viable to implement stuff like this although it isn't a bad idea Laughing
    i know, i am not trying to say that there is a chance of this rule being put into the game, but in my opinion it should be in the game.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:23 am

Hey bladegunner, you are a stunner
    you are a base runner, you are a road runner
    You work as a drummer, you drive a pimped out hummer
    Nah not really, you are the local plumber
    Who works at the weekends as a clatty bummer

phaggot

Last edited by Jelavić7|EFC on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:29 am; edited 2 times in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:24 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:

phaggot

rofl rofl rofl rofl
    Benitez
    Benitez

Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

Post by Benitez Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:24 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:

phaggot

Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:26 am

Sean wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

You go around this forum thinking you're better than everyone, you do it all the time.

It is stupid, as Laurencio said, not every genuine occasion a physio comes on requires 5 minutes for treatment. Are we supposed to punish those players for needing treatment?

Where is this even coming from? I don't think I'm better than anyone and I certainly don't do it all the time.

And it isn't that stupid. It would be effective to an extent although it has an obvious drawback. Could have just given your opinion without instantly calling it stupid.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:26 am

Ed wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:Unfortunately its just one of those things you can't do much about, I don't think its really viable to implement stuff like this although it isn't a bad idea Laughing
    i know, i am not trying to say that there is a chance of this rule being put into the game, but in my opinion it should be in the game.

I think punishing players after the matches by the use of video evidence would be better to be honest. First few offences a fine that increases incrementaly, after a certain number of offences the player is awarded with match suspensions.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:33 am

Laurencio wrote:
    Ed wrote:i know, i am not trying to say that there is a chance of this rule being put into the game, but in my opinion it should be in the game.

I think punishing players after the matches by the use of video evidence would be better to be honest. First few offences a fine that increases incrementaly, after a certain number of offences the player is awarded with match suspensions.
    but then again imagine this

you are united, 1-0 down to lets say stoke

89th minute, you are pressing stoke really hard, then pennant feigns injury, rolls around on the floor for atleast 3 minutes, gets up to his feet and is fine, then proceeds to come back on the pitch within 20 seconds.

Now, in this scenario, the referee probably wont give you back the full time he wasted, may give you 2 minutes or so. Plus he has slowed up play whilst you were gathering momentum, and also he is back on the field to help his side scrap for the win.

If were to just get a fine, that has no positive affect on the victim (united). But if he were to be sin binned, this would allow United an oppurtunity to punish the cheating with an equaliser whilst they have 10 men on the field.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:42 am

Ed wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

89th minute, you are pressing stoke really hard, then pennant feigns injury, rolls around on the floor for atleast 3 minutes, gets up to his feet and is fine, then proceeds to come back on the pitch within 20 seconds.

Now, in this scenario, the referee probably wont give you back the full time he wasted, may give you 2 minutes or so. Plus he has slowed up play whilst you were gathering momentum, and also he is back on the field to help his side scrap for the win.

If were to just get a fine, that has no positive affect on the victim (united). But if he were to be sin binned, this would allow United an oppurtunity to punish the cheating with an equaliser whilst they have 10 men on the field.

Sure that would be annoying as hell, but let's say Hernandez was run down by Shawcross. He went hard to the ground and lost his breath, making him gasp for air and generally look injured. The physio, dreading things could be worse than it actually is, runs on the pitch to see how Hernandez is doing. Hernandez gets up, gasping for air while walking off the pitch with the physio. He's basically fine to continue at this point anyway, as he just had the wind knocked out of him for a second. He would now have to stay on the sidelines for 5 minutes, and reduced the team to 10 men for 5 minutes with very little time left on the clock.

Now imagine instead of being ManUtd (who can survive for 5 minutes fairly well), it's Wolves during a 1-1 draw against Chelsea. One of their players looks to be hurt, the physio comes on and it turns out it wasn't really all that serious anyway. They are now 10 men against Chelsea for 5 minutes, a side they are already struggling with.

Just doesn't seem fair to me.

Last edited by Laurencio on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:44 am; edited 3 times in total
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:42 am

Ed wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

You cant really judge what is the correct time for a player to be down, some players may genuinely need to stay down longer than others
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:47 am

Laurencio wrote:
    Ed wrote:but then again imagine this

Sure that would be annoying as hell, but let's say Hernandez was run down by Shawcross. He went hard to the ground and lost his breath, making him gasp for air and generally look injured. The physio, dreading things could be worse than it actually is, runs on the pitch to see how Hernandez is doing. Hernandez gets up, gasping for air while walking off the pitch with the physio. He's basically fine to continue at this point anyway, as he just had the wind knocked out of him for a second. He would now have to stay on the sidelines for 5 minutes, and reduced the team to 10 men for 5 minutes with very little time left on the clock.

Now imagine instead of being ManUtd (who can survive for 5 minutes fairly well), it's Wolves during a 1-1 draw against Chelsea. One of their players looks to be hurt, the physio comes on and it turns out it wasn't really all that serious anyway. They are now 10 men against Chelsea for 5 minutes, a side they are already struggling with.

yes, but if this rule were to be introduced, physios wouldnt run on all willy nilly like they do at the moment, they would make sure they are needed on the pitch before coming on.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:51 am

Ed wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

yes, but if this rule were to be introduced, physios wouldnt run on all willy nilly like they do at the moment, they would make sure they are needed on the pitch before coming on.
    You don't want to be in a situation where you risk health for tactics though.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:55 am

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:48 pm

Just pause the clock until the player gets off. No more subjective added time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:25 pm