Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Laurencio
VivaRonaldoLAD
Cadbury
El Jefe
Barton
ResurrectionRooney
10 posters

Owen: I can still break England record

Anonymous

Owen: I can still break England record Empty Owen: I can still break England record

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:41 am

Manchester United striker Michael Owen has not given up hope of playing for his country again and insists it is still possible for him to break England's goalscoring record.

Owen, 32, has struggled for regular football at Old Trafford, featuring in only 79 minutes of Premier League action this term.

A combination of injuries and Sir Alex Ferguson favouring other forwards has seen Owen fall down the pecking order and reduced him to a bit-part role with the champions.

And yet, despite his lack of first-team opportunities, Owen still harbours dreams of pulling on an England shirt and firmly believes he can improve on his total of 40 goals, and even better Sir Bobby Charlton's haul of 49.

"I am proud of what I did for England and what I have done," he told the Daily Mirror. "Obviously Sir Bobby's records are in my sights. I am still here."

Having been a regular for England during his Liverpool and Real Madrid days, Owen - who has scored 40 times in 89 games for his country - soon found himself out of favour when Fabio Capello began his tenure in 2008.

"As soon as Fabio Capello took over, that was it," he said. "I was on the bench for his first game in charge after having been an automatic starter for 10 years, and then after that I wasn't in the squad. The manager is the only man who will know the answer why.

"You have to accept it. If you get upset and angry to start with, if you will keep getting wound up. You have to let it go and that's that. I don't know why, that's something you have to ask the current manager.

"Once you make a decision then maybe you've made the decision. That's it, and even if I kept scoring I don't know what would have happened."

Deluded little shit, needs to be put down. Can't even make the bench for Manchester United, but expects to be in the England team.

Gobshite.
    Anonymous

Owen: I can still break England record Empty Re: Owen: I can still break England record

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:42 am

he is injured thats why he cant make bench

scores nearly everytime he plays in carling cup
    Anonymous

Owen: I can still break England record Empty Re: Owen: I can still break England record

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:43 am

ViVaRooney wrote:he is injured thats why he cant make bench

scores nearly everytime he plays in carling cup

Against teams in the Championship. not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:43 am

Wow, bitter Liverpool fans.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:45 am

kyro7 wrote:Wow, bitter Liverpool fans.

Nah, not bitter.

Just amazes me, how ones career can go so shit.

Don't know whether to laugh at him, or feel sorry for him. Laughing
    Anonymous

rofl
    Anonymous

Jordo wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Wow, bitter Liverpool fans.

Nah, not bitter.

Just amazes me, how ones career can go so shit.

Don't know whether to laugh at him, or feel sorry for him. Laughing
    I was joking anyway, he should retire.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:46 am

It's a bit pathetic really. He's just a shit Chicharito at this stage, how this man has a Champions League Runners Up Medal I do not know.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:47 am

rofl

medalthief strikes again.. rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:47 am

Might as well, rest the key players, play Owen and the rest of the shit against Cyprus,Scotland,Faroe Islands etc and watch him bang em in Smile
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:54 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It's a bit pathetic really. He's just a shit Chicharito at this stage, how this man has a Champions League Runners Up Medal I do not know.

Chicharito >>>> Owen
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:57 am

rofl

What a mess he made of his career.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:58 am

Barton wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:It's a bit pathetic really. He's just a shit Chicharito at this stage, how this man has a Champions League Runners Up Medal I do not know.

Chicharito >>>> Owen

That's his point..?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:59 am

Leaves Liverpool and goes onto become a Premier League winner. What a mess of his career he's made not worthy
    Barton

Post by Barton Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:02 am

Cadbury wrote:
    Barton wrote:

Chicharito >>>> Owen

That's his point..?

No he said he's just as shit as Chicarito. scratch
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:02 am

Barton wrote:
    Cadbury wrote:

That's his point..?

No he said he's just as shit as Chicarito. scratch

Just a shit Chicharito.
    Barton

Post by Barton Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:04 am

Me not reading things properly again. Owen: I can still break England record 58503
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:09 am

ResurrectionRaddy wrote:Leaves Liverpool and goes onto become a Premier League winner. What a mess of his career he's made not worthy
    We all know he could have had a far better career.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:19 am

ResurrectionRaddy wrote:Leaves Liverpool and goes onto become a Premier League winner. What a mess of his career he's made Owen: I can still break England record 914411
    He was really a massive part of that team of Champions.

Owen: I can still break England record 644235
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:24 am

Laughing No way he is getting ahead of Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck etc. No Way.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:25 am

Hope Nasri will be the same.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:31 am

It's not 2007 now Michael.

He's got no chance now, isn't regularly fit, and isn't good enough.

Think he'd have done it if Capello hadn't dropped him.

Still, 40 in 89, not bad. shifty
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:38 am

Laughing

Got to admire his enthusiasm though. It's always been about England for him, ever since the day he started his career with us.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:09 pm

Dan wrote:rofl

medalthief strikes again.. rofl
    In all fairness, the majority of his medals he's played a significant part in his team winning, there's only one that he's played very little part in. If you want a medal thief, look only to your own goalkeeper, 2/3rds of his major honours have come through sitting on a bench watching other people do hard work.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:33 pm

ResurrectionRaddy wrote:Leaves Liverpool and goes onto become a Premier League winner. What a mess of his career he's made not worthy

Leaves Liverpool, then we win the Champions League.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:04 pm

You probably wouldn't have won the Champions League if he'd stayed though, butterfly effect and all that.
    Benitez
    Benitez

Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

Post by Benitez Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:25 pm

If he was fully fit, i would not doubt him as he will always be a goalscorer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:35 pm