Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+46
coolhead33
dena
Harrold
Sean
chemicalrubber
CFC-Koop
Mal
Jeff
Keanoo
Mason
Ham.
Ben 10
Scouser_Dave
easley91
Jamie14
JonjoShelvey
ResurrectionRooney
LFC_Grunners
samiz
Jord
Hernandez_14
Paulinho
GK01
BigJ0526
jeb4eva
VivaRonaldoLAD
moscowmadeit3
Andy
fluffy_kittens
Barton
Danny
Van Wolfswinkel
Cadbury
Phadunkin Donuts
Jordi
Gegilworld93
Theo Filippo
arsenalap11
Childish Logic
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Carlos Jenkinson
Grenade
Zzonked
Laurencio
ShakerMatty
Kuled
50 posters

Man City vs Man United | FA cup 3rd round | 8th Jan | 1PM

Poll

How will this end?

[ 7 ]
    Man City vs Man United | FA cup 3rd round | 8th Jan | 1PM - Page 31 Bar_left54%Man City vs Man United | FA cup 3rd round | 8th Jan | 1PM - Page 31 Bar_right [54%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Man City vs Man United | FA cup 3rd round | 8th Jan | 1PM - Page 31 Bar_left31%Man City vs Man United | FA cup 3rd round | 8th Jan | 1PM - Page 31 Bar_right [31%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Man City vs Man United | FA cup 3rd round | 8th Jan | 1PM - Page 31 Bar_left15%Man City vs Man United | FA cup 3rd round | 8th Jan | 1PM - Page 31 Bar_right [15%] 

Total Votes: 13
    Anonymous

Man City vs Man United | FA cup 3rd round | 8th Jan | 1PM - Page 31 Empty Re: Man City vs Man United | FA cup 3rd round | 8th Jan | 1PM

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:24 am

Man City vs Man United | FA cup 3rd round | 8th Jan | 1PM - Page 31 Vincent-Kompany-red-card_2699811
    Anonymous

Man City vs Man United | FA cup 3rd round | 8th Jan | 1PM - Page 31 Empty Re: Man City vs Man United | FA cup 3rd round | 8th Jan | 1PM

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:24 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Dan wrote:Never a red, but it shouldn't get overturned if the FA are going to be consistent.
    What? You mean if they look at it and think it's the wrong decision it shouldn't get overturned? What?

Spearing and Milijas both had their bans kept despite it being obvious it was the wrong decision.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:25 am

Even if it did catch Nani, it's a perfectly legit tackle. He has every right to go for it, it's 50/50. You can't expect a defender to back out of a 50/50, the attacker either uses his brain and backs out or goes for it as well.

And the more I watch that, the more it gets worse actually. He actually swings around and hooks the ball with his foot, barely touching him. Wouldn't even call it two footed.
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:25 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Dan wrote:Never a red, but it shouldn't get overturned if the FA are going to be consistent.
    What? You mean if they look at it and think it's the wrong decision it shouldn't get overturned? What?

I think he means because of the Mijhilas (sp?) thing, like if they want to send out the message that any tackle that could be construed as two footed is a sending off then they have to follow that
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:26 am

Barton wrote:It wasn't even a too-footed lunge actually, the challenge was with his right leg then he folowed through with his left.

Both feet left the ground and were headed towards the ball and the player. How is that not a two-footed tackle?

Last edited by Laurencio on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:26 am

Dan wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:What? You mean if they look at it and think it's the wrong decision it shouldn't get overturned? What?

Spearing and Milijas both had their bans kept despite it being obvious it was the wrong decision.
    Oh I see, were they both appealed against? I personally thought the Spearing one was reckless v Fulham, the Milijas one kinda looked like nothing though. shifty
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:27 am

I honestly dont see it as a red at all.. Neutral
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:27 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Oh I see, were they both appealed against? I personally thought the Spearing one was reckless v Fulham, the Milijas one kinda looked like nothing though. shifty
    Agree with you here, I thought Spearing's was probably the right call but Milijas' was shocking. Then on the other hand, Lampard assaults someone and gets a yellow. Where is the consistency?
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:28 am

Lampards was a shocking tackle right on his shin.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:28 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Dan wrote:

We didn't because we were told we had no chance.
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:28 am

Also, its a bit of a backhanded compliment United fans doing the Poznan shifty
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:29 am

We are appealing it btw.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:30 am

Sean wrote:Also, its a bit of a backhanded compliment United fans doing the Poznan shifty
    Why? Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:30 am

I think it will be overturned.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:30 am

Sean wrote:Also, its a bit of a backhanded compliment United fans doing the Poznan shifty

Everyone who scores against us at home does it and we always chant back "what the fucking hell is that?" Laughing
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:30 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Why? Laughing

Its kind of saying its something worth copying
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:31 am

Sean wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Why? Laughing

Its kind of saying its something worth copying
    Not really, just piss taking them. Laughing Wouldn't use it v anyone else.

Also, it's not like City created it.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:32 am

kyro7 wrote:I think it will be overturned.

Really? I honestly think they will get turned down because both feet left the ground.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:35 am

Laurencio wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:I think it will be overturned.

Really? I honestly think they will get turned down because both feet left the ground.

At first I thought it wouldn't because the FA will back Foy, as Dan said they tend to do side with refs as seen with the Wolves one. However, if you watch it it's not even a full two footed tackle, he hooks it with one foot and the other isn't involved really. We'll see though, could go either way.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:36 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

At first I thought it wouldn't because the FA will back Foy, as Dan said they tend to do side with refs as seen with the Wolves one. However, if you watch it it's not even a full two footed tackle, he hooks it with one foot and the other isn't involved really. We'll see though, could go either way.

As I said, I've never seen a cleaner two-footed tackle, but both feet do leave the ground before he goes into the tackle.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:37 am

aguerosergiokun Sergio Aguero
    I seldom try to find excuses or comment on the referees. But the unfair expulsion of @VincentKompany conditioned the whole game.

Laughing
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:39 am

Dan wrote:aguerosergiokun Sergio Aguero
    I seldom try to find excuses or comment on the referees. But the unfair expulsion of @VincentKompany conditioned the whole game.

Laughing

Shouldn't have said anything, even though he's probably right. He's not really the type say that sort of thing so he must feel strongly about it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:40 am

Zzonked wrote:

Laughing

Shouldn't have said anything, even though he's probably right. He's not really the type say that sort of thing so he must feel strongly about it.

Nah, it's not that. It's the words.. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:40 am

Laughing
    Except for the bit where Rooney scored before he got sent off of course Sergio.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:42 am

Was it a straight red or a second yellow?

Second yellow could be forgiveable, but not a straight red.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:42 am

Someone else wrote that for him...
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:43 am

Harrold wrote:Someone else wrote that for him...

Nah, I reckon he uses google translate or something. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:43 am

Marvin wrote:Was it a straight red or a second yellow?

Second yellow could be forgiveable, but not a straight red.
    Straight red. Hurr Durr Derp Derp
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:44 am

Straight red Marv.

Well done Aguero. I'm not gonna comment on the ref, but his decision cost us. Brilliant.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:45 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Harrold wrote:Someone else wrote that for him...

Nah, I reckon he uses google translate or something. Laughing

Possibly or he might actually be good at English. Man City vs Man United | FA cup 3rd round | 8th Jan | 1PM - Page 31 279869

Someone at the club may have wrote it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:22 pm