Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Start.
Cadbury
ResurrectionRooney
Gegilworld93
arsenalap11
crump
Theo Filippo
LiamB_14
MattSpur
Uncle John from Jamaica
VivaRonaldoLAD
Jordi
Keanoo
17 posters

Berbatov > Suarez

Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Berbatov > Suarez Empty Berbatov > Suarez

Post by Keanoo Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:02 am

Dimitar Berbatov now has just 1 less league goal than Luis Suarez this season, despite playing just 255 minutes to the Uruguayan's 1,454.
    Anonymous

Berbatov > Suarez Empty Re: Berbatov > Suarez

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:02 am

clap rofl not worthy there there
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:02 am

Berbatov is definitely a better finisher, but Suarez overall is class.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:03 am

That's quite an interesting stat. think
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:04 am

not to mention he is our 4th choice shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:04 am

Berbatov has always been a great finisher. Suarez is shit at finishing.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:05 am

Yeah but come on, everyone knows Berbatov scores loads against shit teams such as Wigan and Blackburn at home. Just out of curiosity (and laziness, cba to research myself) when did Berbatov last score a goal that actually mattered? I.e the winning/equalising goal rather than goals in easy wins?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:07 am

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:Yeah but come on, everyone knows Berbatov scores loads against shit teams such as Wigan and Blackburn at home. Just out of curiosity (and laziness, cba to research myself) when did Berbatov last score a goal that actually mattered? I.e the winning/equalising goal rather than goals in easy wins?
    He has played 255 minutes of football, most of the time comes on later, and doesn't play in big games, how do you expect him to score v big teams and in games to equalise/win it? Neutral
    MattSpur
    MattSpur

Supports : Tottingham Hotspurs

Post by MattSpur Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:07 am

Scott wrote:Berbatov has always been a great finisher. Suarez is shit at finishing.

Not really... Berbatov's finishing was never amazing but he has the class and the technique is the best part of his play. Its difficult to compare the two in strike rate because berbatovs plays for a much better team than suarez.
    LiamB_14
    LiamB_14

Formerly known as : Mong.

Post by LiamB_14 Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:07 am

Dimitar Berbatov is a sensational footballer. Surely he will now start more games for Man Utd with such incredible statistics. He is easily better than Suarez, he would have 15 goals by now if he started every game for Liverpool, yet deluded scousers are still adamant Suarez is better Rolling Eyes

An admirable Dimitar Berbatov performance once again. This is what he does when he starts. And he does it effortlessly. Suarez requires maximum effort just to score the few goals he has managed.

My christmas wish for Santa has come true. This is absolutely fantastic. Thankyou father christmas and please continue to bring Dimitar Berbatov good fortune in the future Berbatov > Suarez 9905
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:08 am

The last big league game he started that I can remember was the game against Liverpool at Old Trafford
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:10 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:Yeah but come on, everyone knows Berbatov scores loads against shit teams such as Wigan and Blackburn at home. Just out of curiosity (and laziness, cba to research myself) when did Berbatov last score a goal that actually mattered? I.e the winning/equalising goal rather than goals in easy wins?
    He has played 255 minutes of football, most of the time comes on later, and doesn't play in big games, how do you expect him to score v big teams and in games to equalise/win it? Neutral

Well considering your history of scoring after 95 minutes.. Berbatov > Suarez 3925848005

No but seriously I think he should get a chance to play and make a difference in 'bigger' matches. At the moment he may as well not exist. Laughing
    LiamB_14
    LiamB_14

Post by LiamB_14 Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:10 am

The last importnat goal that Dimitar Berbatov scored was the equalising goal against Benfica against Benfica in the Chammpions League, and before that the opener against Aldershot in the Carling Cup. When Berbatov starts he is time and time again the scorer of important goals. How can you expect him to score matchwinning goals when he enters play in the 80th minute with the score 3-0 Man Utd Rolling Eyes
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:11 am

Berbatov doing it against all the small teams this season again then?
    LiamB_14
    LiamB_14

Post by LiamB_14 Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:13 am

vanPersie wrote:Berbatov doing it against all the small teams this season again then?

That would still be far superior than Luis Suarez, who fails to do it against the small teams with 4 times the attempts Berbatov gets Rolling Eyes
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:15 am

LiamB_14 wrote:

The last importnat goal that Dimitar Berbatov scored was the equalising goal against Benfica against Benfica in the Chammpions League, and before that the opener against Aldershot in the Carling Cup. When Berbatov starts he is time and time again the scorer of important goals. How can you expect him to score matchwinning goals when he enters play in the 80th minute with the score 3-0 Man Utd Rolling Eyes

Do you need a lie down? Sleep with an eye open though, Count Dimitar may be lurking to suck your blood. Although I must agree the first goal against the famous Aldershot Town was simply vital.
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:15 am

vanPersie wrote:Berbatov doing it against all the small teams this season again then?

Since when did you support Arsenal?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:17 am

LiamB_14 wrote:

That would still be far superior than Luis Suarez, who fails to do it against the small teams with 4 times the attempts Berbatov gets Rolling Eyes

exactly

people act like suarez doesnt play these so called small team.. if they are so easy to score against where is suarez's goals against them?

titles arent won/lost in big games. its the games against smaller teams that have the biggest impact so i hope he keeps scoring against small teams cause thats much more important
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:33 am

LiamB_14 wrote:

Clearly you were still fapping about Berbatov's performance when typing the first sentence Laughing

Hope Berbatov stays at United now Smile
    Liverpool fans are calling Suárez a bad finisher but he scored 49 goals in one season for Ajax, surely there's more to his lack of goals than that?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:52 am

I don't know why you'd even compare the two players, Berbatov is obviously a class apart.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:38 am

I tweeted this and it got 15 RTs. hehe
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:43 am

Suarez has been shit this season to be fair.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:43 am

Cadbury wrote:Suarez has been shit this season to be fair.
    Sky Sports best player says otherwise.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:47 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Bunch of pricks from RAWK says otherwise.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:30 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    Sky Sports best player says otherwise.
    It also says Gerrard > Henry. lol!
    Start.
    Start.

Supports : Chelsea FC.

Post by Start. Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:43 pm

Agreed.
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Paulinho Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:11 am

Cadbury wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Bunch of pricks from RAWK says otherwise.

Berbatov > Suarez 70955
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:13 am

I think a better comparison would be with someone like Park Ji Sung, a player who constantly hassles the opponents and gets stuck in. Suarez is marginally more effective because A) He is a cheating fucker and B) He is younger.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:30 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I think a better comparison would be with someone like Park Ji Sung, a player who constantly hassles the opponents and gets stuck in. Suarez is marginally more effective because A) He is a cheating fucker and B) He is younger.
    It seems Park has learned the ancient art of diving, given his stunning, fake twist of agony to win a penalty yesterday..
    MattSpur
    MattSpur

Supports : Tottingham Hotspurs

Post by MattSpur Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:35 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I think a better comparison would be with someone like Park Ji Sung, a player who constantly hassles the opponents and gets stuck in. Suarez is marginally more effective because A) He is a cheating fucker and B) He is younger.

Suarez and Tevez would be a good comparison also.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:53 am