Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Kuled
bcfcben
6 posters

Should All Prem Derbies Be On TV?

Poll

Should They?

[ 10 ]
    Should All Prem Derbies Be On TV? Bar_left56%Should All Prem Derbies Be On TV? Bar_right [56%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Should All Prem Derbies Be On TV? Bar_left44%Should All Prem Derbies Be On TV? Bar_right [44%] 

Total Votes: 18
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Should All Prem Derbies Be On TV? Empty Should All Prem Derbies Be On TV?

Post by bcfcben Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:31 am

For me every local derby in the Prem (for London games like Arsenal v Spurs) should be on TV.
    Once again us Brummies have been well and truely shitted on because Sky reckon Sunderland v Newcastle game is going to be watched by more people Rolling Eyes .
    Everyone loves watching derbies so why in gods name is Villa v Birmingham not on. For me Prem derby games should be seperated so they all get shown instead of having to force fans to watch it in Arabic and waiting for their computer to buffer because Sky prefer to show more 'meaningful' derbies Mad
    Kuled

Should All Prem Derbies Be On TV? Empty Re: Should All Prem Derbies Be On TV?

Post by Kuled Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:33 am

Huh???I saw the Villa-Birmingham game on TV! Confused
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:34 am

Every single league game should be on somewhere on tv regardless if it's a derby or not. I mean, other countries can do it, can't see why England don't.

I was flabbergasted when I found out Manchester United's game last week was not broadcast in England.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:35 am

Every game should be made avaliable. I think it's disgraceful someone in Japan can watch my team play and I can't.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:36 am

Almost every derby is on TV, its either on Sky or ESPN.
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:37 am

Kuled wrote:Huh???I saw the Villa-Birmingham game on TV! Should All Prem Derbies Be On TV? 894246

Last season yes but everytime Sunderland and Newcastle are in the same league as one another they always play on the same day we do and it means we arent on Sky or ESPN.
    Any other derby eg Wolves i would go to when its away but in no way am i going to Villa Park because i value my facial features.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:38 am

To be fair.

I'd prefer to watch Sunderland v Newcastle over Brum and Villa.
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:42 am

James wrote:To be fair.

I'd prefer to watch Sunderland v Newcastle over Brum and Villa.

But i and other Midlanders wouldnt, this is where my point lies. In order to accomodate for everyone all derbies or, as people have mentioned, all games should be broadcasted whether you have to pay for them or not and whether they are broadcasted on Sky, ESPN or a different channel.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:05 am

I'm a midlander and find Newcastle - Sunderland more appealing.

Alot of Prem Derby's are boring anyway. I'd much rather watch Forest-Derby or Cardiff-Swansea.

Much more passion as the players are from these cities and support these clubs, so they understand the fans' passion
    ArsenalTony
    ArsenalTony

Post by ArsenalTony Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:07 am

In 2007, Arsenal v Tottenham weren't televised too Surprised
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:23 am

Every game should be televised. That's why Aljazeera Sport has like 12 different channels. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:46 am

Wigan vs Bolton is a derby apparently Neutral
    ArsenalTony
    ArsenalTony

Post by ArsenalTony Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:59 am

Cameron_LFC wrote:Wigan vs Bolton is a derby apparently Neutral

And when any team located in the county of Yorkshire play one another that's supposedly a derby too. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:13 am

Any two teams that plays in england is a national derby as well Neutral
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:15 am

Dan wrote:Every game should be made avaliable. I think it's disgraceful someone in Japan can watch my team play and I can't.
    This. It's the English Premier League. So why arn't the 3pm games shown on TV in England?? Should All Prem Derbies Be On TV? 727917
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:47 am

i would be happier if no derbys were televised and instead played at 3pm on a saturday!

that said i find it unbelievable that sky are showing sunderland v bolton rather than albion v wolves in mid December!
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:51 am

'orrible bastard wrote:that said i find it unbelievable that sky are showing sunderland v bolton rather than albion v wolves in mid December!

:affraid: You're joking. You lot havent had a derby with Baggies in ages so why are they doing this.
    At first i thought it was just unlucky we werent on but now i reckon it's because they hate the Midland clubs Rolling Eyes.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:55 am

I don't know how they do it in England, but here in the US games are broadcast based on region. More important matches take precedence over the lower games.

ESPN generally does a wonderful job here in the US of making sure all games are on TV for the right region.
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:01 am

All our cities get the same games which are chosen by ESPN and Sky, so in my case im a Birmingham fan and i cant watch the Birmingham v Villa game because Sky are showing Sunderland v Newcastle.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:04 am

ArsenalTony wrote:
    Cameron_LFC wrote:Wigan vs Bolton is a derby apparently Neutral

And when any team located in the county of Yorkshire play one another that's supposedly a derby too. Neutral

By you lot outside of Yorkshire maybe. Of course they are Yorkshire derbys but not proper derbys. I still can't believe EA think Hulls biggest rivalry is with Leeds. If we are talking Yorkshire then our biggest Yorkshire rivalry is with either Sheffield club.

If we talk about what we class as the big game then its Scunthorpe despite the fact they aren't Yorkshire. Always shit on the south side of the bridge da da da da da.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:04 am

I think they at least show one of the two derby games.i
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:07 am

Cameron_LFC wrote:I think they at least show one of the two derby games.i

They usually do but last time they had Newcastle and Sunderland in the Prem neither of our games were shown because of their fixtures.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:10 am

Well that's how it works some time. You have to remember its a business and Sunderland v Newcastle is going to generate more money than a Villa v Birm match.

I would much rather see Castle and Sunderland than Birm v Villa.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:13 am

I hope they show Norwich v Ipswich on Sky, they hardly ever have the old farm derby on TV. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:27 am

AriseForLife wrote:I don't know how they do it in England, but here in the US games are broadcast based on region. More important matches take precedence over the lower games.

ESPN generally does a wonderful job here in the US of making sure all games are on TV for the right region.

they regionalise the televised football here! the region is called England. if we were a state we would be the 32nd biggest one. we are smaller than Louisiana and you could put England in Texas five times and almost have enough room to cram Wales in there too!

the vast majority of americans have no idea how tiny their greatest, most powerful, influential and important ally is.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:12 pm

I think they should show EVERY match from the big league's on tv.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:45 pm