Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Lux
Mario
Jord
Kuled
8 posters

Xbox 360 vs PS3

Poll

Which is better?

[ 5 ]
    Xbox 360 vs PS3 Bar_left42%Xbox 360 vs PS3 Bar_right [42%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Xbox 360 vs PS3 Bar_left50%Xbox 360 vs PS3 Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Xbox 360 vs PS3 Bar_left8%Xbox 360 vs PS3 Bar_right [8%] 

Total Votes: 12
    Anonymous

Xbox 360 vs PS3 Empty Xbox 360 vs PS3

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:21 am

I already have a 360 but I was thinking of getting a PS3 at Christmas, Is there any point? Or are they just pretty much equal?
    Kuled

Xbox 360 vs PS3 Empty Re: Xbox 360 vs PS3

Post by Kuled Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:42 am

PS3 is free online. That's it.Never understood the console wars, both have the same concept. Although it's good to have both for exclusives. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:45 am

Kuled wrote:PS3 is free online. That's it.Never understood the console wars, both have the same concept. Although it's good to have both for exclusives. Neutral

That's all that I've ever seen in it as well, although can't PS3's play blu-rays as well? (wouldn't buy one just for that lol)
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:52 am

Xbox has Youtube now..

Seriously though, both of them have their pros and cons. Xbox's big one is the fact that you have to pay for live.. Now let's be honest, this isn't a big thing at all. Anyone not living in the slums of Nigeria can consistantly pay for this. PS3 has a poor online and I just don't feel the same when playing on there(that's just me ofcourse).

BlueRay is just for flash. Not once have I given a shit about blueray. It's similar to 3D, who really gives a shit?

In my opinion if you have one then there's no reason to have the other Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:03 am

Jord wrote:In my opinion if you have one then there's no reason to have the other Laughing
    In my opinion there is, like for example Uncharted is my favourite game series ever, MGS4 is one of my favourite games, I find the exclusives much better on PS3, but I rather have games like FIFA on Xbox because the online is simply better.

Having both is ideal, PS3 is a far superior machine but Xbox is better for online imo.

Though MW3 has been fine on my PS3. I got PS3 all them years ago when it came out and was very hesitant to by an Xbox, didn't see the point but now I am so glad I have both.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:11 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Jord wrote:In my opinion if you have one then there's no reason to have the other Laughing
    In my opinion there is, like for example Uncharted is my favourite game series ever, MGS4 is one of my favourite games, I find the exclusives much better on PS3, but I rather have games like FIFA on Xbox because the online is simply better.

Having both is ideal, PS3 is a far superior machine but Xbox is better for online imo.

Though MW3 has been fine on my PS3. I got PS3 all them years ago when it came out and was very hesitant to by an Xbox, didn't see the point but now I am so glad I have both.

So, if you had to choose 1, which would it be?
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:17 am

Xbox simply because the online is better. But I could argue other things in which 'I' prefer.

The weight of the controllers

The layout and features on the main menu

The Gamerscore system

The exclusives

etc
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:22 am

Both suck.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:41 am

Jord wrote:The exclusives
    Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:42 am

Jelavic9|RFC wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:In my opinion there is, like for example Uncharted is my favourite game series ever, MGS4 is one of my favourite games, I find the exclusives much better on PS3, but I rather have games like FIFA on Xbox because the online is simply better.

So, if you had to choose 1, which would it be?
    I can't answer that.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:45 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Jord wrote:The exclusives
    Laughing
    I'm allowed by opinions Kyro Laughing So are you.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:53 am

If you can afford both and there's nothing else you really would like then get a PS3. As both have their pros and cons, and you get all the exclusives.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:03 am

I don't really care for a good online experience tbh. The lag is as small/big on either, you're paying £30-£40 a year on Xbox live for cross game chat. I am lot more sociable on my PC games...but on my PS3 I'm content to play my big single player games and online I'll just play solo and not have to worry about all the spammers and kids.

If there was anything else better about PS3s for me......it's the exclusives and controllers. Also the layout is straightforward and simple....I don't spend much time outside of games but if I'm on the homepage it's good.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:14 am

Jord wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Laughing
    I'm allowed by opinions Kyro Laughing So are you.
    You're right Jord, sorry.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:16 am

I much prefer the Xbox controller, people say it's too bulky but I reckon that's bollocks, in fact I know it is, before I got my Xbox I always said the controller was shit etc being a cunt but now I've got it it feels solid in your hand, it's a good fit and not too big and bulky at all, and the PS3 one feels way too light.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:25 am

Have to agree with Kyro there. I actually find PS3 controllers way too small and irritatingly light, Xbox controllers are a perfect fit, feels comfortable holding it and have no problems with at all.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:28 am

Thats what I'm saying to everyone with a PS3. I try and stress that the PS3 one is far too light, it's like your holding thin air(trust the Japanese to want shit like that). They say the xbox 360 controller is like holding a brick but they haven't a clue Laughing
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:31 am

I don't think it's light....the one without Dualshock is light but the one with it is just right. I don't like the Xbox one....whenever I play on my brother's it just feels really awkward and large...especially the non parallel analogues and shit R1/L1 buttons.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:32 am

I've got the dualshock one.
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:36 am

Xbox 360.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:36 am

Oh well Laughing

I think it has a nice firm feel to it. I wouldn't want it bigger or heavier, and I don't see a reason too.

Unless you start raging and smash/crush your controller then it doesn't matter. Actually it being lighter just makes it easier to move.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:48 am

Lux wrote:I don't think it's light....the one without Dualshock is light but the one with it is just right. I don't like the Xbox one....whenever I play on my brother's it just feels really awkward and large...especially the non parallel analogues and shit R1/L1 buttons.
    What? I've played with the Dualshock one plenty of time over at a mates. It's like as fuck Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:47 am

Definitely the 360 because it isn't burdened with the frankly terrible Uncharted series.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:02 am

Just stick with 360.

Most people I know who have gone from Xbox to PS3 have regretted it.

Also some people I know who went from PS3 to Xbox did not regret it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:08 am

Get both for the exclusives.

There's enough out there to make it worthwhile.
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:35 am

Ps3 for me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:47 am

I'll have a think about it, but people don't seem to rate either much higher than the other. So I might just buy a shit load of games. Cheers lads thumb
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:38 am

I've honestly never got why Xbox's online is so much better than PS3s. People say it is much faster to get into matchmaking games such as FIFA and COD but I don't really get the fuss, takes all of 15 seconds to find a game on COD and maybe 10 on FIFA, what could you possibly be saving, 5-10 seconds? I'm sure there are more legitimate reasons and I can't really judge to be honest because the only times I've ever played Xbox is over my friends' houses.

Also I've never really cared about my controller, I think it feels fine tbh and I think if I used the Xbox controller it would be equally fine. Only thing I like about Xbox controller is for FIFA doing skill moves its easier with those indents in the analog rotation, so you know exactly where 90 degrees etc. is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:07 am