Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Sean
Andy
ResurrectionRooney
Grenade
El_indian
Childish Logic
LFC_Grunners
11 posters

Should immigrants learn the language before being allowed in

Poll

?

[ 7 ]
    Should immigrants learn the language before being allowed in Bar_left64%Should immigrants learn the language before being allowed in Bar_right [64%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Should immigrants learn the language before being allowed in Bar_left36%Should immigrants learn the language before being allowed in Bar_right [36%] 

Total Votes: 11
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Should immigrants learn the language before being allowed in Empty Should immigrants learn the language before being allowed in

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:44 pm

?

Was having a debate about this earlier, Would be interesting to see your views.

I believe that they should.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Should immigrants learn the language before being allowed in Empty Re: Should immigrants learn the language before being allowed in

Post by Childish Logic Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:46 pm

depends but i rather have them come here and then be forced to learn the language within a year (too long? or too short?)
    Anonymous

Should immigrants learn the language before being allowed in Empty Re: Should immigrants learn the language before being allowed in

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:50 pm

Wouldn't matter in England so many speak different languages and it's very diverse, especially London, so it's a bit late for that.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:59 pm

I think it's be in their best interest to anyway, or else how would they make a living? how will they go about life?

also how will they be tested before they leave their country?

but yeah it is frustrating talking with people who barely understand English, especially at the workplace..

I hate it when those dumb slutty asian school girl bitches try to speak English, it sounds fucking horrible.

Last edited by El_indian on Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:01 pm

El_indian wrote:I think it's be in their best interest to anyway, or else how would they make a living? how will they go about life?

also how will they be tested before they leave their country?

some test (in an embassy or something) before they can get the visa to come over.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:28 am

Another thing to note is that this would ruin the transfer market, Football would be fucked if such a law was ever implemented. I like NZG's idea of having them learn it within a year, the only problem is that it wouldn't be ethical to deport a family from their home of the last 12 months.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:31 am

I think they should if they come here with no jobs as they will probably just get benefits if they don't speak English.
    If they have a contract with a professional football club or employment set anywhere else I guess you could let it slip. Lots of Japanese car dealers here don't know a single word of English, they hire translators.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:38 am

It's lucky you're only 13, hopefully you'll have had time to grow out of these stupid attitudes by the time you're old enough to vote. We can't prevent people from coming here if they don't speak English from within the European Union without withdrawing from said union (which would be catastrophic, don't even start that one), and people from outside of the European Union are not allowed to come here unless they are either students who fund our Universities (who will get deported after a year if they don't speak English because they'll get chucked out for failing their exams), or highly paid skilled workers such as footballers who come from outside of the European Union, and pay a tremendous amount of tax. The people who are in this country who don't speak English are generally people who were born here, or people who are paying more than their fair share to live here. I hope this helps.

TL;DR,
    No, you twat.
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:39 am

In my year there is a bunch who don't know a word of English, pisses me off so bad. Neutral
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:42 am

I Andy I wrote:In my year there is a bunch who don't know a word of English, pisses me off so bad. Neutral
    Where are they from?
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:43 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    I Andy I wrote:In my year there is a bunch who don't know a word of English, pisses me off so bad. Neutral
    Where are they from?

countries in Africa, some from Poland/Russia as well.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:45 am

Are the Africans Asylum Seekers? We can't really ask them to learn English before coming here.

I doubt there are any from Russia, Poland I can buy, but you just have to suck that up, you'll have a better quality of life as a result of our Union with Poland.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:55 am

No, what difference does it make to you, 99% will still speak the language.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:02 am

Well if they are Polish, then that means one thing. They don't intend to stay in England long. Their parents are working in England while they have a house in Poland most likely. Lots of people do this, my neighbors in Poland were working as Doctors in England.

I assume this because I would imagine any Poles who were actually immigrating to England would bother learning English. We aren't Africans after all. Laughing Still poor on their part for not bothering learning English while they have the fantastic opportunity. English is a wonderful language to learn anywhere, and they could surely use it when working for any international companies in Poland.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:54 am

No. Most immigrants will learn the language anyways unless they are unemployed or have low income jobs.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:07 am

ahlycotc wrote:No. Most immigrants will learn the language anyways unless they are unemployed or have low income jobs.

Most won't learn the language. My area is as multi cultural as it gets and most of the immigrants living here don't bother. I actually hear more Arabic and Bengali than any other language including English. There's actually a school near me where learning Bengali is compulsory. facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:21 am

They should be forced to learn English on penalty of death Neutral
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:32 am

Mal wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:No. Most immigrants will learn the language anyways unless they are unemployed or have low income jobs.

Most won't learn the language. My area is as multi cultural as it gets and most of the immigrants living here don't bother. I actually hear more Arabic and Bengali than any other language including English. There's actually a school near me where learning Bengali is compulsory. facepalm

Are you sure there people are immigrants who are doing this, rather than British born people?
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:34 am

Mal wrote:

Are you sure there people are immigrants who are doing this, rather than British born people?

Definitely immigrants. I've hung about with some of the kids and most of their parents don't speak a single word of English after immigrating here and they're not planning on doing so either.
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:40 am

Agree with Mal. My school was about 80% Muslim, quite a few didin't know English, nor their parents, or friends from other schools.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:43 am

Cant really say ive met someone in England who cant speak English then again i live in a cultural wasteland
    Kelloggg8

Formerly known as : QwertyKirby
    Supports : CF América, Toronto FC

Post by Kelloggg8 Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:17 am

Yes, they should learn English. They should be tested on their English to receive citizenship.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:49 am

Mal wrote:

Definitely immigrants. I've hung about with some of the kids and most of their parents don't speak a single word of English after immigrating here and they're not planning on doing so either.
    Not surprised, there's alot of people like that in my area too. Alot of them marry a British citizen so they can stay here. They sometimes pay a Brit to marry and divorce them so they can stay here and get a council house and benefits etc Should immigrants learn the language before being allowed in 58503

In my old school they had classes only for Polish kids (Maths, English and Science). Our school got fucked because they did a surprise ofsted inspection and found out the teachers were breaking multiple laws. That class was an epic fail anyway. Pretty much every kid failed every exam they took Should immigrants learn the language before being allowed in 70955 .
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:33 am

No.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:18 pm

I'd like to see them all thrown out.

I can't go to their country and claim benefits why should they be allowed to come to mine. Also almost every taxi driver from where im from is from Romania.. i wish they'd fuck off.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:31 pm

But who would drive the taxis?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:37 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:But who would drive the taxis?

English people. This same company used to be full of english drivers I guess now alot of them are out of work.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:20 pm

definitely. We have wayyyyyy to many Russians here in Estonia that barely understand a word in estonian!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:01 am

i am permanent resident in australia, in a couple year i will take citizen exam
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:02 am

akaranzo wrote:definitely. We have wayyyyyy to many Russians here in Estonia that barely understand a word in estonian!
    Haha but that is for different reasons. They were there before Estonia became independent. hehe

I understand how you feel though, I would've loved to kick the Russians out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:19 pm