Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Emma
XavIniesta_6
Kuled
Katori
sponans
Demoz
Theo Filippo
Grenade
The_Quilo
LeBron
Andy
Sean
Keanoo
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
18 posters

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the 2nd best player in the world?

Poll

Who is the 2nd best player in the world?

[ 18 ]
    Is Cristiano Ronaldo the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 2 Bar_left56%Is Cristiano Ronaldo the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 2 Bar_right [56%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Is Cristiano Ronaldo the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 2 Bar_left22%Is Cristiano Ronaldo the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 2 Bar_right [22%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Is Cristiano Ronaldo the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 2 Bar_left22%Is Cristiano Ronaldo the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 2 Bar_right [22%] 

Total Votes: 32
    Demoz
    Demoz

Formerly known as : 10RLegend

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo the 2nd best player in the world?

Post by Demoz Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:22 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    10RLegend wrote:

Yeah because El Clasico matches is the only thing to take into account. Weren't you just hating on Ronaldo's freekicks? lol. No it doesn't, but i said think he's first, what's wrong with that?

No, it's not the only thing to take into account. I'm interested in knowing your reasoning behind your opinion that Ronaldo is the best player in the world right now. But you are the one who stated that Messi was basically invisible during the match. I was simply stating an observation about Ronaldo's freekick abilities. His freekicks are overrated when most of the time it just seems to hit the wall.

I didn't say he was invisible, I was saying other than the pass, he didn't do too much for it to be called a great performance. Didn't say he was bad though. If i were to build a team and choose a player to build around I'd use Ronaldo, for the simple fact he's more versatile and has great physical qualities, as well as great talent. He's more of an athlete than Messi. It's today's Maradona vs Pele, some will choose one or the other.
    Anonymous

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo the 2nd best player in the world?

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:25 pm

10RLegend wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

No, it's not the only thing to take into account. I'm interested in knowing your reasoning behind your opinion that Ronaldo is the best player in the world right now. But you are the one who stated that Messi was basically invisible during the match. I was simply stating an observation about Ronaldo's freekick abilities. His freekicks are overrated when most of the time it just seems to hit the wall.

I didn't say he was invisible, I was saying other than the pass, he didn't do too much for it to be called a great performance. Didn't say he was bad though. If i were to build a team and choose a player to build around I'd use Ronaldo, for the simple fact he's more versatile and has great physical qualities, as well as great talent. He's more of an athlete than Messi. It's today's Maradona vs Pele, some will choose one or the other.

My point is nobody made any comments about Messi's performance today, so why bring it up to somehow justify Ronaldo's performance? Nobody said Messi had a great performance.

I disagree with your views about Ronaldo's talent and physicality compared to Messi, but I won't make this a Messi v Ronaldo debate.
    Demoz
    Demoz

Formerly known as : 10RLegend

Post by Demoz Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:31 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    10RLegend wrote:

My point is nobody made any comments about Messi's performance today, so why bring it up to somehow justify Ronaldo's performance? Nobody said Messi had a great performance.

I disagree with your views about Ronaldo's talent and physicality compared to Messi, but I won't make this a Messi v Ronaldo debate.

Because in the OP it said about Ronaldo's bad el clasico performances and i just noted Messi wasn't too great today, that is all.

I'm fine with not agreeing, it was one of my points when i brought up Maradona/Pele, everyone has their reasons and views for player preference. Wink
    sponans
    sponans

Supports : FC Barcelona

Post by sponans Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:29 pm

Messi did a very good job today: defending when he had too, coming down to the midfield to help the team bring the ball up, and creating panic in Madrid's defense every time he got the ball, they are so scared of Messi.
    And there's no way Ronaldo is more versatile than Messi, who can play in midfield, as a forward, winger...

edit: voted Iniesta, he's a boss Heart
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:38 am

Iniesta>Xavi srs.
    Katori
    Katori

Post by Katori Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:41 am

I used to think of Ronaldo as the best in the world, but after his rather dismal performances against Barcelona over the last few games I've decided to change my mind. If Ronaldo didn't play for the biggest club in England, then those who claim he's the best would be near extinction.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:47 am

Scoring over 50 goals in one season and he isn't even considered the best Laughing Must hurt for Ronaldo.
    XavIniesta_6
    XavIniesta_6

Post by XavIniesta_6 Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:19 am

People won't take your debate seriously since you're a Barca fan. And as someone else said, an attacking player rarely shines against Barcelona. It's mostly the defenders that do well. Di Maria and Coentrao were Madrid's best players. Iniesta and Puyol for us.

As for Messi's performance, not too good by his standards. He did what he had to do when he had to, but he lost the ball a lot more than usual last night. He did track back for it though, which is always required by them.
    Emma
    Emma

Post by Emma Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:22 am

The reason Messi is the number 1 player is because he plays the team game, Ronaldo sadly wants to play the game on his own we saw that last night in the El Classico when he had a few chances to pass to Di Maria and didn't, could of been 2-0 up by half time.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:40 am

Played well in the first half, but was absent in the second half.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:42 am

ahlycotc wrote:Played well in the first half, but was absent in the second half.
    Can't do much when your team doesn't even have a third of possession in the game.
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:49 am

Danny wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:Played well in the first half, but was absent in the second half.
    Can't do much when your team doesn't even have a third of possession in the game.

he cant no, he never really seems to create something from nothing, unless its a long shot but they rarely come off. He was very good 1st half, exploited the space on the left well, took his goal well even though pinto shouldve done better, but in the 2nd half he looked like the typical classico ronaldo.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:49 am

No, He's 1st. As he showed tonight.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:50 am

Danny wrote:

No and that's understandable.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:52 am

I left at Half Time, couldn't believe my eyes when I got back. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:53 am

Cam wrote:I left at Half Time, couldn't believe my eyes when I got back. Neutral

Why?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:54 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Cam wrote:I left at Half Time, couldn't believe my eyes when I got back. Neutral

Why?

Because it was 2-1. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:54 am

Cam wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Why?

It's not the first time Barca managed to turn a game around and win against Madrid. Plus, Barca were the better side in the first half.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:55 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Cam wrote:

It's not the first time Barca managed to turn a game around and win against Madrid. Plus, Barca were the better side in the first half.

Yeah well, I was still surprised.
    drivescore
    drivescore

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Bayern Munich, Liverpool FC

Post by drivescore Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Yes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:45 pm

Messi is The 2nd best in the world. Shit poll.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:48 pm

No!, Van Persie is.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:52 pm

Without him Real Madrid would be nowhere near Barca, certainly not top of the league with a significant point gap. He's definitely the second best player in the world, I don't think there's any contest for who is the best though.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:53 pm

No, Lionel Messi is.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:08 pm

Easy Lionel Messi, in his last 139 games for Barca.

Games 139
    Scored 133
    Assists 52

Ronaldo in his 117 games for Real has scored 113 goals. And in his last 219 club games he has scored 181 goals that includeds his last two season's at Manchester United.

Yes both are playing for two of the top teams on the planet and stats dont always tell you everything, but them stats are bloody scary. And they do say the hardest part of the game is scoring goals.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:23 pm