Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Kelloggg8
Childish Logic
Grenade
7 posters

CO2 Emmisions make largest jump ever in 2010

Anonymous

CO2 Emmisions make largest jump ever in 2010 Empty CO2 Emmisions make largest jump ever in 2010

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:40 pm

http://www.alternet.org/news/153092/game_over_for_planet_earth:_the_month’s_biggest_story_you_never_read

That's groce. faint 2
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

CO2 Emmisions make largest jump ever in 2010 Empty Re: CO2 Emmisions make largest jump ever in 2010

Post by Grenade Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:34 pm

CO2 Emmisions make largest jump ever in 2010 Not-a-single-fuck-was-given-that-day-500x333
    Anonymous

CO2 Emmisions make largest jump ever in 2010 Empty Re: CO2 Emmisions make largest jump ever in 2010

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:00 pm

And that is the kind of attitude that is going to screw Humanity one day soon.

Well, it was nice while it lasted... My more pessimistic side also makes me think environmental catastrophe is the only way of fixing Humanity, and lowering population levels of Africa and Asia to sustainable levels for good.

Hopefully we create a genetic library of all the species we will kill off in the next 30 years though.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:06 pm

polska. wrote:http://www.alternet.org/news/153092/game_over_for_planet_earth:_the_month’s_biggest_story_you_never_read

That's groce. faint 2

Suspect
    Kelloggg8

Formerly known as : QwertyKirby
    Supports : CF América, Toronto FC

Post by Kelloggg8 Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:18 pm

polska. wrote:And that is the kind of attitude that is going to screw Humanity one day soon.

Well, it was nice while it lasted... My more pessimistic side also makes me think environmental catastrophe is the only way of fixing Humanity, and lowering population levels of Africa and Asia to sustainable levels for good.

Hopefully we create a genetic library of all the species we will kill off in the next 30 years though.

Africa facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:25 am

Yes, Africa facepalm indeed.

Though it's not entirely their fault. We Europeans were incompetent in handling the situation, however, I suppose we didn't know better.

I wouldn't facepalm Asia though, Some Asian countries took the right step, China for example with the one child policy, and I have heard that they are slightly more eco-conscious than before. Will still be atleast another generation before we see any improvement from China though, and honestly, I don't know how China will do it. Their little available farming land is already extremely poor and eroded. Maybe they'll buy an African country and produce all their food from there?
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:26 am

polska. wrote:And that is the kind of attitude that is going to screw Humanity one day soon.

And how exactly do you plan on cutting down the population sizes in those continents?
    Imo a better idea would be to nuke all the worthless countries in the world. Places like Togo, Guyana, Albania, Poland, Georgia etc.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:38 am

Nuking wouldn't really help the enviroment now, would it? Now I'm all for culling innocent Africans, but that's a stupid method.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:39 am

grenade187 wrote:

And how exactly do you plan on cutting down the population sizes in those continents?
    Imo a better idea would be to nuke all the worthless countries in the world. Places like Togo, Guyana, Albania, Poland, Georgia etc.
    Nuking them wouldn't work for obvious reasons. Rolling Eyes

We do it by not sending them aid, let nature do her work. Malthusian Catastrophe. It's a natural process Humanity has undergone ever since we started building dense population centers 7000 years ago. Eventually, they'll go Rwanda on each other until their populations are back to sustainable levels. Like hitting the reset button on a society. When they have 'defaulted', we can then come in and build them into proper sustainable countries.

We in the West can't just let nature do it's work on us though. We have to learn to adapt to sustainable ways, and that is why the news posted in the OP is such a disappointment. facepalm
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:40 am

We can start in our country.

Don't give birth to 10 Somalians if you can't support them yourself Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:42 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:Nuking wouldn't really help the enviroment now, would it? Now I'm all for culling innocent Africans, but that's a stupid method.
    Well, the forest around Chernobyl are said to be the richest forests in wildlife in Europe.

But I somehow don't see how nuking already heavily eroded land with all the forests already chopped down going to do any good.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:59 am

Unfortunately letting Africa rot is not a possibility with the way Humanity has evolved into a universal theme. People just wouldn't stand for it. I'm taking it for granted that this planet has the black spot, ignorance has always been a crucial fault.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:10 am

As smart as Humans are, humanity as a whole is fucking stupid and ignorant. I don't blame us, Humans are by nature independent, selfish and greedy.

Regarding my previous post, Israeli scientists are developing ways to turn the desert back into permanently useable and sustainable agricultural land. IIRC they test it on the land around alot of those Israeli settlements in the West Bank that the Palestinians had exhausted and eroded decades ago, for with some pretty successful results.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:20 am

polska. wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:
    Nuking them wouldn't work for obvious reasons. Rolling Eyes

We do it by not sending them aid, let nature do her work. Malthusian Catastrophe. It's a natural process Humanity has undergone ever since we started building dense population centers 7000 years ago. Eventually, they'll go Rwanda on each other until their populations are back to sustainable levels. Like hitting the reset button on a society. When they have 'defaulted', we can then come in and build them into proper sustainable countries.

We in the West can't just let nature do it's work on us though. We have to learn to adapt to sustainable ways, and that is why the news posted in the OP is such a disappointment. CO2 Emmisions make largest jump ever in 2010 58503
    Wow bit harsh ? Lets be serious here but letting millions of people in Africa die won't "save the planet" will it ? People in China and the US will still produce HUGE amounts of c02 emissions.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:16 am

Oh of course not, we in the west have to learn how to live sustainably ourselves.

That is just the only feasible solution to the Africa/Overpopulated 3rd world issue.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

Post by Roloman4 Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:53 am

polska. wrote:Oh of course not, we in the west have to learn how to live sustainably ourselves.

That is just the only feasible solution to the Africa/Overpopulated 3rd world issue.

Luckily the Americas are not overpopulated at all, Ecuador won't be left to rot.
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:55 am

Global Warming is a myth.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:12 am

TheRangersFan wrote:Global Warming is a myth.
    It is. Earth naturally warms up.

C02 emissions however, are nothing to joke about.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:01 pm

polska. wrote:Oh of course not, we in the west have to learn how to live sustainably ourselves.

Well its a shit idea. No matter what we do not enough people will contribute to help. Polar bears will be good storys to tell my grandchildren for the lulz.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 pm

grenade187 wrote:

Well its a shit idea. No matter what we do not enough people will contribute to help. Polar bears will be good storys to tell my grandchildren for the lulz.
    You mean us living sustainably?

Well yah, it will be difficult, probably the most difficult task humanity has ever faced. But it has to be done.

The article made an interesting point at the end. Look at how much people are pissed off due to inequality. If the masses somehow got it through their noggins that what we are doing is disgusting, I would be expecting even worse riots than what we are seeing today.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:24 am

This thread is full of borderline racism.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:41 am

Then you aren't reading it right.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:18 pm

How is this for an idea:

A Carbon tax on foreign products! smug
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:19 pm

I'm sure this is a veiled attempt at Polish World Domination.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:23 pm

No, American domination.

Outside of the obvious environmental benefits, America will have to start producing locally again because Chinese products would be too expansive to produce and import, thus kickstarting the American economy again.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:45 pm

polska. wrote:No, American domination.

Outside of the obvious environmental benefits, America will have to start producing locally again because Chinese products would be too expansive to produce and import, thus kickstarting the American economy again.

That will only lead to massive rise in the cost of goods, and definitely unemployment and companies going bust.

The whole reason that they use China is because it's cheap. If you change the dynamic of the business and practically force them to produce locally....the costs will be so high that it will be impossible or not worthwhile. With that.....although some people may get jobs in local industry, most companies would have to cut back on jobs as they would be losing so much money.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:09 am

People need to stop acting as if over population is a real problem, it's not, 7 billion people could live in a country the size of say... the US, EASILY. The problem is that wealth and food distribution is disproportionate, letting Africans die won't do a damn thing to change that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:16 am

dena wrote:People need to stop acting as if over population is a real problem, it's not, 7 billion people could live in a country the size of say... the US, EASILY. The problem is that wealth and food distribution is disproportionate, letting Africans die won't do a damn thing to change that.
    There are lots of problems, overpopulation is just one of them.

Farmland in overpopulated areas becomes exhausted and eroded, as is happening dramatically throughout Africa and Asia.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:46 am

The USA probably consumes more food than any other country. We should let fat Americans die instead. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:48 am

We should just nuke everywhere and start again

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:14 am