Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
SBSP
moscowmadeit3
Jordan Henderchip
David N'Gog
Clark
Ben 10
Grenade
Pippo
Weather130
Gegilworld93
Barton
Danny
Lux
Sean
Mason
VivaRonaldoLAD
Jeff
Kuled
22 posters

Estonia vs Republic of Ireland 19:45

Poll

How will it end?

[ 1 ]
    Estonia vs Republic of Ireland 19:45 - Page 4 Bar_left17%Estonia vs Republic of Ireland 19:45 - Page 4 Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Estonia vs Republic of Ireland 19:45 - Page 4 Bar_left0%Estonia vs Republic of Ireland 19:45 - Page 4 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Estonia vs Republic of Ireland 19:45 - Page 4 Bar_left83%Estonia vs Republic of Ireland 19:45 - Page 4 Bar_right [83%] 

Total Votes: 6
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Estonia vs Republic of Ireland 19:45 - Page 4 Empty Re: Estonia vs Republic of Ireland 19:45

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:35 am

akaranzo wrote:not watching anymore, this is ridiculous, the referee is 100% rooting for the Irish

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.. YOU'RE SHIT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    jeb4eva
    jeb4eva

Supports : Manchester United

Estonia vs Republic of Ireland 19:45 - Page 4 Empty Re: Estonia vs Republic of Ireland 19:45

Post by jeb4eva Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:16 pm

Pippo Inzaghi wrote:Euro 2012 suddely got less exciting Crying or Very sad

I don't see how Estonia with their brand of football would make it more exciting. If anything the tournament has been made more exciting as Ireland showed they were not afraid to attack their opposition.

akaranzo wrote:this is not right, our football association must make UEFA an official complaint about this, no way in hell was this a fair game if the referee has obviously been either payed or told by UEFA to help Ireland.

Ah Jesus what are you on about? He got most of the decisions right, the only one he got wrong was the McGeady challenge. But the foul on Robbie warranted a red on its own. And there was a horrible high foot against Ward that wasn't called by him also.

moscowmadeit3 wrote:Didn't matter what team won this, they'll only be there to make up the numbers and most likely finish bottom of the group..

Ah fuck off, we'll be there on merit like the rest of the qualified teams not to make up the numbers. When the team's on form we're a match for a lot of the big sides and I'm kinda hoping we get drawn with England as I think we'd have a great chance of pulling off a shock win.

Delighted we got the job done and now I can relax and watch the celebrations at the Aviva on Tuesday. Bring on a summer of Irish football!!!
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:28 pm

Not to mention our fans are immense, South Africa would've been so much better with our fans there. Even David Beckham agrees. Snooty
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:35 pm

I like to root for the underdog.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:55 pm

well done to our irish pals, make sure you fuck england if youre grouped with eachother
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:06 pm

So many of you seem to think that he made good decisions in this game:

1. There were many occasions when there was a foul from an Irish player and then a similar foul from an Estonian player, when the Irish player made the foul, the ref either did nothing or just gave the free kick, but when the Estonian made the foul it was most certainly a free kick and a yellow card!

2. He gave a yellow card to Stepanov for (what he thought) was a foul on McGeady, in reality, McGeady dived, so when Stepanov made that tackle on Keane, it should've been his first yellow card.

3. He gave so many throw ins to Ireland even when you could clearly see that the Irish player touched the ball last when it went out.

4. The penalty was never a penalty! Purje didn't even touch Hunt! He ran past him and then his own feet got tangled and he fell over.

5. Piiroja's sending off was an absolute disgrace, the first foul that he made wasn't a foul at all, the second yellow card for the hand ball is questionable.

6. The referee did everything that the Irish players told him to do! A good example is Piiroja's second yellow card, the ref wasn't doing anything until Keane started complaining to him and asking for a yellow card, same thing happened on many occasions when Kassai (the referee) wasn't doing anything until the Irish players started complaining to him.

So this match was not fair, I'm 100% certain that this referee got either bribed or told by UEFA to help Ireland in any way possible. I really think that our football association should report this to UEFA and if they don't listen then we should start a protest. The chance to make it to the European Championship for the first time ever was taken from us yesterday by the referee. The Irish did deserve to win but a fair win would've been 0-1 or 0-2 for the Irish, the third and fourth goal would have never happened if it was a different referee, maybe even the second goal wouldn't have happened if we had 11 men on the field.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:09 pm

100% certain. What a moron you are. Laughing
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:11 pm

rofl How bitter can you get? You got battered fair and square, get over it.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:16 pm

I didn't see the game but, I've been told by at least 15 people, professional and not, that the foul on Keane was worthy of a red in itself.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Just watched the foul on Keane, definitely at least yellow, which being second yellow card meant red.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:29 pm

After watching all the incidents it does look like the ref was biased toward ROI...
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:37 pm

akaranzo wrote:6. The referee did everything that the Irish players told him to do! A good example is Piiroja's second yellow card, the ref wasn't doing anything until Keane started complaining to him and asking for a yellow card

The ref was running over from the halfway line, is he supposed to not contemplate whether to send the player off or not, talk to his officials etc and just show a yellow and red from the halfway line before Keane protests a legitimate claim for a yellow/arguably red?

To be honest looking at the highlights I'd say Ireland should have won the game easily. At least one red card......maybe two (though I'm not sure about the yellow either...but the linesman had the best view)..and the penalty was soft. Either way you would have lost and Ireland would have a big advantage going into the 2nd leg.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:47 pm

not the best video but shows some of his absurd decisions

Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:59 pm

You're pathetic.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:46 pm

akaranzo wrote:not the best video but shows some of his absurd decisions

what a song choice Laughing

I understand that you're angry, I'd probably be angry too but Switzerland would beat Ireland anyway Cool
    Hunt dived but the rest of the decisions were correct imo.
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:49 pm

akaranzo wrote:not the best video but shows some of his absurd decisions

The song Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:18 am

yeah the song is weird on that video, but it's the best video I could find atm
    Potato-7
    Potato-7

Supports : Olympiakos

Post by Potato-7 Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:22 am

Ireland would qualify anyway,and the referee didnt help them that much.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:56 am

Kuled wrote:You're pathetic.

No, the refereeing was pathetic.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:38 am

Potato-7 wrote:Ireland would qualify anyway,and the referee didnt help them that much.

he did, the last 2 goals would never have happened if the ref wouldn't had helped them, and maybe even the second goal wouldn't have happened if the referee hadn't sent Stepanov off and he shouldn't have, the first yellow was a dive by McGeady...
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Keanoo Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:44 am

Biased ref or non biased ref it wouldn't of mattered anyway you would never have beaten us over 2 legs.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:24 am

Keanoo wrote:Biased ref or non biased ref it wouldn't of mattered anyway you would never have beaten us over 2 legs.

no, probably not, but a 0-4 loss? we're not THAT bad either, that scoreline is not right, we didn't deserve to lose by 4 goals, at least we would've retained SOME pride if we lost 0-1 or 0-2, it was our first ever time making it so far and we were against a very strong Ireland side so nobody would be surprised over that scoreline but a 0-4 loss is just a little bit too much. I wouldn't complain at all if the ref was fair yesterday and we lost 0-2, I'd be a little disappointed because of course I'd like us to win but I wouldn't complain, but the way we lost, no I'm not gonna forget about that, that was disgraceful, the referee just did everything he could to help Ireland...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:26 pm