Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Laurencio
Jordan Henderchip
Ham.
VivaRonaldoLAD
Keanoo
9 posters

Ticketless Ireland fan watches match from Estonia bench

Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Ticketless Ireland fan watches match from Estonia bench Empty Ticketless Ireland fan watches match from Estonia bench

Post by Keanoo Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:35 am

Ticketless Ireland fan watches match from Estonia bench Conor_cunningham

Traveling to an international game without a ticket is a risky business, as part-time fitness instructor Conor Cunningham found out on Friday when he turned up in Tallinn for Ireland's vital Euro 2012 play-off with Estonia. Faced with coughing up €600 for a seat in the 10,300-capacity A. Le Coq Arena, the Irishman did what any sensible fan who had traveled 1,900 miles on a whim would do: he tried to sneak in.

Spotting an open doorway, Cunningham made a run for it and came across bag of balls (a ball bag, if you will) and an Estonia team tracksuit. Much like Ryan Giggs when he hears his wife's key in the front door, he quickly put the tracksuit on and acted as if everything was completely normal.

Assuming the role of an Estonian official of some sort, Cunningham channeled all his testicular fortitude and made his way out to the pitch:

"I didn't know what to do, to be honest, so I thought I'd better go into the Estonian dug-out. No one said anything to me and then I realised I was sitting beside their manager (Tarmo Ruutli). It was about 10 or 15 minutes into the match when a UEFA official got suspicious of me. He came over and, after talking to me, told me I had to move."

Quite how the Estonia manager didn't notice a complete stranger in the place of one of his team is beyond comprehension, but Cunningham watched the rest of the game from an empty seat elsewhere when he was moved on. At the conclusion of the historic 4-0 victory, he managed to celebrate with the Ireland players on the pitch...

When an official clocked the unusual site of someone in an Estonia tracksuit holding a large bag of balls celebrating with the opposition, he was asked to surrender the balls and leave. Before leaving with tales of his epic blag, however, he videoed himself with Robbie Keane and co in the post-match interview area...

Don't be surprised if sales of Poland and Ukraine tracksuits suddenly spike in Ireland at the beginning of next summer.

What a legend. Laughing not worthy
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Ticketless Ireland fan watches match from Estonia bench Empty Re: Ticketless Ireland fan watches match from Estonia bench

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:37 am

Brilliant Very Happy
    Ham.
    Ham.

Ticketless Ireland fan watches match from Estonia bench Empty Re: Ticketless Ireland fan watches match from Estonia bench

Post by Ham. Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:39 am

clap
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:40 am

rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:40 am

Wow, what a hero.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:41 am

It reminds me of something out of a film that he beats up a guard and takes their uniform tbh.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:47 am

This criminal should be arrested and imprisoned.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:01 am

Laughing What a guy.

The security services at the stadium should be looked over though. A random fan simply walking over to the opposition's bench is a major security issue.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:02 am

Ché Guayaba wrote:This criminal should be arrested and imprisoned.
    Laughing
    Rodallega
    Rodallega

Supports : Jordi Gomez

Post by Rodallega Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:05 am

rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:31 am

The most amazing part is that the tracksuit seemed to fit him perfectly.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:46 pm

Pro Work, sunshine!
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Brillant move since it actually worked! Not sure how the Estonian manager and staff did not notice a complete stranger behind the bench. I have done this before with my high school American football team, but that was when the coach was the same guy when I was part of the team.
    BigJ0526
    BigJ0526

Post by BigJ0526 Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:48 pm

u mad bro?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:07 pm

BigJ0526 wrote:
    u mad bro?
    Trespassing, two counts of petty theft and identity theft.
    BigJ0526
    BigJ0526

Post by BigJ0526 Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:11 pm

So a fan sneaks into the game and you want to throw his ass in jail? Ticketless Ireland fan watches match from Estonia bench 58503
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:44 pm

Yes.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Good on him.

Brb buying an england tracksuit and sitting next to capello, then shoving the ball bag over his head and instructing the players as if im the manager.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:28 pm