Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Dean
SpiritOfShankly
Steadman
luke.
Laurencio
Barton
ShakerMatty
Kuled
ResurrectionRooney
13 posters

'It's the game of the season' - Ferguson.

Anonymous

'It's the game of the season' - Ferguson.  Empty 'It's the game of the season' - Ferguson.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:10 am

Liverpool vs Manchester United, that is.

Contrary to the beliefs of this forum's very own Danny, who claims this game 'doesn't even matter'.

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

'It's the game of the season' - Ferguson.  Empty Re: 'It's the game of the season' - Ferguson.

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:12 am

Needs to be played up a bit, in the last few games, particularly at Anfield, Liverpool have treated it like a World Championship Final (something they have never won) whereas United have treated it like a normal League game.
    Kuled

'It's the game of the season' - Ferguson.  Empty Re: 'It's the game of the season' - Ferguson.

Post by Kuled Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:12 am

Who cares what Danny thinks? This game is massive.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:13 am

Every team goes out to win every game, and every game, they give it all they've got.

Your statement is false. It's just an excuse you fall back on when we beat you.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:15 am

He's saying its a nothing game? Fucking hell i still feel awful that we lost to Rochdale, the derby is the game when the atmosphere is increased and anything can happen.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:16 am

Burytilidie wrote:He's saying its a nothing game? Fucking hell i still feel awful that we lost to Rochdale, the derby is the game when the atmosphere is increased and anything can happen.

His attitude was, 'why should I care about this game if we win the League title'
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:16 am

Actually, I think he said that after the end of the season it meant nothing since we won the league. Or something like that..
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:18 am

I look forward to the United match, more than the Everton match.

Don't know why. Laughing
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:19 am

Bigger rivalry than the Merseyside derby isn't it? Fans certainly hate each other alot more.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:25 am

JMB_94 wrote:Bigger rivalry than the Merseyside derby isn't it? Fans certainly hate each other alot more.

I don't hate them.

But they have some gobshites. Laughing
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:29 am

JMB_94 wrote:Bigger rivalry than the Merseyside derby isn't it? Fans certainly hate each other alot more.

The Old Guard vs the New, of course it's the biggest game of the season. It's the "El Classico" of England (only eh.... very different).
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:35 am

Well if it's more entertaining then United - Chelsea then it's bound to be a good game.

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:42 am

I do think United-City has become a bigger game than this now.
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:55 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I do think United-City has become a bigger game than this now.
    It's only natural. They were already your geographical rivals and have now become your main title rivals.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:57 am

Scott wrote:Every team goes out to win every game, and every game, they give it all they've got.

That's obviously not true by the way, if you think every team tries just as hard regardless of the opposition, regardless of the context of the match, then you are delusional.
    SpiritOfShankly
    SpiritOfShankly

Supports : Liverpool

Post by SpiritOfShankly Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:00 am

Mr Leiva wrote:I look forward to the United match, more than the Everton match.

Don't know why. Laughing

are you scouse?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:01 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Scott wrote:Every team goes out to win every game, and every game, they give it all they've got.

That's obviously not true by the way, if you think every team tries just as hard regardless of the opposition, regardless of the context of the match, then you are delusional.

We're not trying any harder to beat you, than you are trying to beat us. If you think that, then you're delusional.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:17 am

Scott wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:That's obviously not true by the way, if you think every team tries just as hard regardless of the opposition, regardless of the context of the match, then you are delusional.

We're not trying any harder to beat you, than you are trying to beat us. If you think that, then you're delusional.
    You must admit it's a bigger game for you though, in the context of your season.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:31 am

I hear some fans saying we 'raise' our game for the visit of United, maybe so, I'll accept that as we do, but it's the same for when we visit United, they step their game up too, no doubt about it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:37 am

SpiritOfShankly wrote:
    Mr Leiva wrote:I look forward to the United match, more than the Everton match.

Don't know why. Laughing

are you scouse?

Yes.
    SpiritOfShankly
    SpiritOfShankly

Supports : Liverpool

Post by SpiritOfShankly Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:48 am

Mr Leiva wrote:
    SpiritOfShankly wrote:

are you scouse?

Yes.

It's because we don't have to live with them lot if the result doesn't go our way. You know what it's like after a derby.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:06 am

Dean wrote:I hear some fans saying we 'raise' our game for the visit of United, maybe so, I'll accept that as we do, but it's the same for when we visit United, they step their game up too, no doubt about it.

United used to raise there game back in the 80,s against Liverpool and always were up for it even though Liverpool won the title most season's. I remember Liverpool winning a few cup games in the League cup against United back then in 83 and 86. But in the League at Anfield Liverpool beat United 1 nil in 1988,89 season and that was the first time they had beat United in the League at Anfield for 9 season's.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:29 am

Scott wrote:Liverpool vs Manchester United, that is.

Contrary to the beliefs of this forum's very own Danny, who claims this game 'doesn't even matter'.

I said at the end of the season, if we win the league and lose to you, the game doesn't matter to us. Thick cunt.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:41 am

'It's the game of the season' - Ferguson.  Orly-owl_1748741

That's not how I remember it ..................

Proof ............

Danny wrote:
    Cam wrote:

Shut the fuck up, you utter prick, you bring this bullshit every time
    Certainly the highlight of Scott's season. Seems like it comes down to this one game which doesn't really matter at the end of the day. Laughing

I see no mention of you winning the title at the end of the season.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:42 am

It's on!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:45 am

Danny. facepalm
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:30 am

He was referring to past games when he said the results at Anfield didnt matter because we went on to win the league.

VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:46 am

Danny wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Still does matter tbf, hurts me that we haven't won there for 3 seasons in a row.
    Yeah it does, but when we celebrate winning the league at the end of the season, is anyone thinking about we got fucked over at Anfield again?
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:48 am

Is it fuck bigger than the Merseyside derby Laughing

The Liverpool v Manchester United games have been massively overhyped for years by the media. It's still remains a massive game for us, but if your from the city you'll know how much bigger the Merseyside derby is for us.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:46 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Danny wrote:Yeah it does, but when we celebrate winning the league at the end of the season, is anyone thinking about we got fucked over at Anfield again?
    not worthy

Scott and Polska can fuck off. If we lose tomorrow and win the title in May, not one United fan will look back to this game. Practically guaranteed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:17 pm