Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Jamie
Grenade
crump
dena
Sean
Muhkoo
SBSP
Dean
ResurrectionRooney
13 posters

Should Northern Ireland be expelled from the United Kingdom?

Poll

Should NI be expelled from the Union

[ 10 ]
    Should Northern Ireland be expelled from the United Kingdom? Bar_left67%Should Northern Ireland be expelled from the United Kingdom? Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Should Northern Ireland be expelled from the United Kingdom? Bar_left33%Should Northern Ireland be expelled from the United Kingdom? Bar_right [33%] 

Total Votes: 15
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Should Northern Ireland be expelled from the United Kingdom? Empty Should Northern Ireland be expelled from the United Kingdom?

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:20 am

Not reunited with the Republic or anything, that'd be wrong, the people don't want it, just abandoned. A lot of Northern Irish people don't want to be in the United Kingdom, and those that do try to provoke their political opponents by having 'marching seasons'. I don't think Northern Ireland is a place that Britain really needs any more, it's just a drain on resources.
    Dean
    Dean

Should Northern Ireland be expelled from the United Kingdom? Empty Re: Should Northern Ireland be expelled from the United Kingdom?

Post by Dean Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:22 am

Yeah.

/fineshagger

shifty
    SBSP
    SBSP

Should Northern Ireland be expelled from the United Kingdom? Empty Re: Should Northern Ireland be expelled from the United Kingdom?

Post by SBSP Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:23 am

Definitely.

EDIT: Could someone give me a quick (unbiased) history lesson of how NI came to be a part of the UK? shifty Much appreciated.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:24 am

Should England be expelled from the United Kingdom? I believe they are a huge financial drain on Wales and Scotland.

I don't even.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:25 am

When you say not United with the Republic as the people don't want it do you mean the southerners or the northerners dont want it? Because if you take into account what those in the north want then the majority want to be part of the UK (Although I dont)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:27 am

SBSP wrote:Definitely.

EDIT: Could someone give me a quick (unbiased) history lesson of how NI came to be a part of the UK? shifty Much appreciated.

Our big bossman, sailed over in his ship and demanded potatoes. Potatoes were hard to come by in England. Bit of wheeler dealing, and a bit of illegal stuff on the side, potatoes were ours, and they were our suppliers. This is wayyyyyyy back before Ireland became 2. So then they were all fighting and shit. We had the choice of taking NI or Republic, but we chose NI, with it being closer to Liverpool and Liverpool being the main port. Rumour has it, we chose NI because they had less gingers, although Luke ruins that theory. So we have NI cos of Liverpool, and they received Britains Irish Potatoes.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:29 am

Basically just going on hazy memory

In around the 1500's I think, Oliver Cromwell amongst other Monarchs began the 'Plantations' which was basically when protestant English peaseants were sent to live in Ireland, in order to ensure that Ulster (NI) had a protestant majority and so England could take control over Ireland with a subservient population
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:30 am

Great Britain conquered Ireland fucking years ago, centuries, it was ruled from London. The Irish started going mental in the 1900s, blowing people up, so it was negotiated that they could control most of Ireland, but Northern Ireland would stay part of the UK because there were so many protestants there.
    Sean wrote:When you say not United with the Republic as the people don't want it do you mean the southerners or the northerners dont want it? Because if you take into account what those in the north want then the majority want to be part of the UK (Although I dont)
    I don't think either of them want it, I'm almost 100% sure that the majority of northerners don't want it, and the Irish can't afford it anyway.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:31 am

Okay, thanks. Smile

So basically, NI shouldn't even be part of Britain? shifty
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:32 am

So basically Norn Ireland is still a part of the UK because of religious reasons.

Damn religion strikes again! shifty
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:33 am

dena wrote:So basically Norn Ireland is still a part of the UK because of religious reasons.

Damn religion strikes again! shifty

Not really, it's political, the religious element is just a coincidence.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:34 am

I figured but I just wanted to take a cheap swipe at religion. Crying or Very sad
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:35 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:

Great Britain conquered Ireland fucking years ago, centuries, it was ruled from London. The Irish started going mental in the 1900s, blowing people up, so it was negotiated that they could control most of Ireland, but Northern Ireland would stay part of the UK because there were so many protestants there.
    Sean wrote:When you say not United with the Republic as the people don't want it do you mean the southerners or the northerners dont want it? Because if you take into account what those in the north want then the majority want to be part of the UK (Although I dont)
    I don't think either of them want it, I'm almost 100% sure that the majority of northerners don't want it, and the Irish can't afford it anyway.

Yea, no your right with that, but the majority of Northerners wouldnt want to cease to be a part of the United Kingdom
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:35 am

Well yea the political and religious aspects are intertwined, obviously, being Northern Ireland Laughing
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:21 am

dena wrote:I figured but I just wanted to take a cheap swipe at religion. Crying or Very sad

You could, it's very much religious. Just as much as political i suppose.

But it also very much because of stupidity. Least thats what i gather from it having being force fed stories about Northern Ireland for the last half year in English class. Seems the most simple solution would be to move all those people that want to belong to the UK, and if they say that they don't know any other place and they like it there, they are lying. It looks just as crap as most of North England, you could move them all over night while they were sleeping and they wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I stand by my previous statement about Scotland and Wales needing to expel England Should Northern Ireland be expelled from the United Kingdom? 369140
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:23 am

Don;'t we get lots of produce and shit from them?

So no.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:27 am

We should reclaim all of Ireland and run it the way we want.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:31 am

crump wrote:Don;'t we get lots of produce and shit from them?

So no.

About 100 odd years ago when we made ships and linen and shit yes...
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:37 am

Muhkoo wrote:
    dena wrote:I figured but I just wanted to take a cheap swipe at religion. Crying or Very sad

But it also very much because of stupidity. Least thats what i gather from it having being force fed stories about Northern Ireland for the last half year in English class. Seems the most simple solution would be to move all those people that want to belong to the UK, and if they say that they don't know any other place and they like it there, they are lying. It looks just as crap as most of North England, you could move them all over night while they were sleeping and they wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I stand by my previous statement about Scotland and Wales needing to expel England Should Northern Ireland be expelled from the United Kingdom? 369140

You can't just shift all those people, it's impossible. Even if the life is the same, it is still preposterous to tell millions of people 'Move here', for a start you would have to build whole new cities for people, massively expensive and time consuming, and you'd put millions of people through the inconvenience of moving home across a sea.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:46 am

crump wrote:Don;'t we get lots of produce and shit from them?

So no.
    Nowadays there is India for that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:59 am

Muhkoo wrote:

Do that, and you will cripple England.

There's a shortage of houses as it is, never mind an extra few million people coming over. Laughing
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:36 am

The majority of Northern Irish do want to be a part of it.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:44 am

Fine Shagger wrote:

Yes, that is what I was saying.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

Post by Roloman4 Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:20 pm

The historical province of Ulster opted out of the Irish Free State.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:00 pm

Fine Shagger wrote:

Yes, that is what I was saying.

Got my wires crossed. Thought you were saying the majority of Northerners don't want to be part of the UK not that they don't want a united Ireland.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:46 pm

I don't really care if its UK or not tbh.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:15 pm

What effect, if any, would this have on the production of green beer?

If no effect, I give no shit.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:56 am

No.
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:57 am

Roloman4 wrote:The historical province of Ulster opted out of the Irish Free State.

Yea there was a referendum
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:26 am

luke. wrote:No.

Explain why.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:41 am