Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Danny
BigJ0526
Lux
The Zlatan
LM_Punk
9 posters

Why don't Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotlan.....

LM_Punk

Why don't Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotlan..... Empty Why don't Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotlan.....

Post by LM_Punk Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:28 am

Want to be a part of team GB?
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Why don't Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotlan..... Empty Re: Why don't Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotlan.....

Post by The Zlatan Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:55 am

Because they're shit and jealous.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Why don't Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotlan..... Empty Re: Why don't Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotlan.....

Post by Lux Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:55 am

They think it will start talks of merging GB into one football association.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:56 am

stuart pearce
    BigJ0526
    BigJ0526

Post by BigJ0526 Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:05 am

Lux wrote:They think it will start talks of merging GB into one football association.
    Wouldn't that be a good thing?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:06 am

BigJ0526 wrote:
    Lux wrote:They think it will start talks of merging GB into one football association.

No, they hate England.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:07 am

BigJ0526 wrote:
    Why would that be a good thing?

Fans of all 4 countries don't want to merge into one.

I don't want to be cheering on the likes of Gareth Bale and shouting "come on Great Britain". Neutral
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:08 am

BigJ0526 wrote:

No because besides the Old Firm and a couple other SPL teams it would make the majority of the other clubs become non-league. So it wouldn't neccesarily be a GB league just the English league and a couple of Scots Neutral, I doubt any Welsh/Irish clubs could compete in League 2.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:08 am

Woah, their FAs think the leagues would merge as well? Oh lord. Laughing
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:11 am

Danny wrote:Woah, their FAs think the leagues would merge as well? Oh lord. Laughing

I just presumed that's what they believed, I'm most probably wrong. I just couldn't see 1 nation with 4 different leagues competing in it now that would be awful.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:12 am

LFC_Grunners wrote:
    Danny wrote:Woah, their FAs think the leagues would merge as well? Oh lord. Laughing

I just presumed that's what they believed, I'm most probably wrong. I just couldn't see 1 nation with 4 different leagues competing in it now that would be awful.
    It's not going to happen anyway. As if the national teams would permanently merge. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:18 am

I would love it if we all merged into GB.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:19 am

It would be cool I think, but it's blatter that says we have to do it.

I don't care if Bale plays, idiot Wales fans saying he shouldn't play for Wales again if he does. They'll soon change there tone once he bangs in goals again on the weekend.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:20 am

Mc Babel wrote:It would be cool I think, but it's blatter that says we have to do it.

I don't care if Bale plays, idiot Wales fans saying he shouldn't play for Wales again if he does. They'll soon change there tone once he bangs in goals again on the weekend.
    Blatter's a moron anyway.

We won the fucking thing once or twice in the 40s, we were still all separate national teams then. Laughing
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:21 am

They think FIFA would see it as a chance to make all 4 nations play as GB for Euros and World Cup qualifiers etc. Why can't this just be a one off thing? like do it for charity? say for each goal we score a certain amount of money goes to charities and how far we get.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:22 am

-----------Gordon
    Richards-Terry-Jones-Cole
    -----------Barry
    ------Ramsey--Wilshere
    Bale-----Rooney-----Young

Let's just merge, we'd be ace.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:23 am

James wrote:-----------Gordon
    Richards-Terry-Jones-Cole
    -----------Barry
    ------Ramsey--Wilshere
    Bale-----Rooney-----Young

Let's just merge, we'd be ace.
    Hart is so much better than Gordon.

We've merged with 3 other national teams, and we'd still be with Barry? Oh lord.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:27 am

I actually rate Gordon better than Hart, he has just been unfortunate with injuries recently. He's only behind Cech in the PL imo.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:28 am

Why don't we have one anyway? We have have British athletes.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:31 am

Mc Babel wrote:Why don't we have one anyway? We have have British athletes.

Because years ago the F.A abolished the distinction between amateur and professional players, And because the Olympics are only open to amateurs it made it very confusing on top of the 4 separate associations.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:34 am

Too many haters and general opposition in the British isles, would love it nonetheless
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:49 am

Replace Barry with Parker and Gordon with Hart.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:28 am

Stick your GB team up their arse.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:01 am

BigJ0526 wrote:

Not particularly no. Each of the nations want their own national team. All of them hate England too....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:44 am