Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Impeccabubble
Roloman4
ResurrectionRooney
bcfcben
moscowmadeit3
El Jefe
Ricardo
Muhkoo
fluffy_kittens
Steadman
Cadbury
MickStupp
RubyArmyCTFC
Danny
JJ
Lux
Schnix
Keanoo
crump
ShakerMatty
24 posters

a dream team for your football team

Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

a dream team for your football team - Page 2 Empty Re: a dream team for your football team

Post by Roloman4 Sat May 14, 2011 11:27 am

Cadbury wrote:I have a dream,
    That one day, Agüero will grace the Anfield touchline as he darts down the wing in a Liverpool shirt.

He and Suárez. wank 2
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

a dream team for your football team - Page 2 Empty Re: a dream team for your football team

Post by Roloman4 Sat May 14, 2011 11:29 am

Muhkoo wrote:VDS
    Danny Blind-Frank De Boer- Jaap Stam - Gregory Van Der Wiel
    Sneijder - Michael Laudrup -Van der Vaart
    Brian Laudrup- Ibrahimovic - Suarez

I went to my first Ajax game as a 5 year old, so 95 and up.

wank 2

What a fucking team.
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Sat May 14, 2011 11:58 am

The-Reporter wrote:-------------------Henry---------------------
    Pires-----------Bergkamp----------V.Persie
    -----------Vieira------Petit------------
    Winterburn----Adams-----Keown------Dixon
    ----------------------Seaman-------------------
    Really?

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    van der Sar

Neville Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Beckham Keane Scholes Ronaldo

Rooney van Nistelrooy

Cardinal sin to many to drop Giggs, but I've never been his biggest fan, always preferred Beckham and Ronaldo at his peak was certainly a better player.
    Schmeichel, Cantona, Best and Stam exclusions are a bigger shock than Giggs.
    Impeccabubble
    Impeccabubble

Post by Impeccabubble Sat May 14, 2011 12:09 pm

The current City team is the best I've seen in most positions so there wouldn't be many changes. I hate to say it as he's a scumbag but Distin when he was at his best for us would be a brilliant partner for Kompany. Maybe have the Petrov from his first season with us since we need a left winger. Apart from that I would have the Wright-Phillips from before he went to Chelsea and the Vieira from when he was in his prime for Arsenal if that's allowed.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat May 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Steadman wrote:
    Really?

van der Sar

Rooney van Nistelrooy

Cardinal sin to many to drop Giggs, but I've never been his biggest fan, always preferred Beckham and Ronaldo at his peak was certainly a better player.

Fuck Cantona, and it's only really a line-up from the last 20 years or so, people like Best and Charlton (Charlton's a much bigger exclusion than Cantona, Schemiechel or Stam by the way) played in different eras, they're not really comparable to modern day players. I rank Vidic and Ferdinand as second to none as a partnership when they're at their best., and I rank VDS above even the great Schmeichel.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 12:35 pm

Steadman - Yeh really.
    Steadman
    Steadman

Post by Steadman Sat May 14, 2011 1:09 pm

Steadman wrote:
    Really?

van der Sar

Rooney van Nistelrooy

Fuck Cantona, and it's only really a line-up from the last 20 years or so, people like Best and Charlton (Charlton's a much bigger exclusion than Cantona, Schemiechel or Stam by the way) played in different eras, they're not really comparable to modern day players. I rank Vidic and Ferdinand as second to none as a partnership when they're at their best., and I rank VDS above even the great Schmeichel.
    Fair enough if you were basing this team on modern times - i'm ashamed to say I forgot about Charlton (it's late). Embarassed

I have to say though Schmeichel is the best keeper i've seen in my life time, up there with Buffon, so I couldn't agree with you there. I'll give you Vidic and Ferdinand have the advantage of actually playing together but Jaap Stam for me was better than Ferdinand, 3 seasons with United and voted into the PFA Team of the Year each season. Not going to bother your reference to Cantona, he was obviously a better player than Rooney so you must have your reasons.

Another shout would be Dennis Irwin at left back over Evra.

The-Reporter wrote:Steadman - Yeh really.
    Why do you think van Persie would be more effective out wide than say an Overmars or a Ljungberg? Great player, no doubt, but shouldn't really make it into an Arsenal greatest XI.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 1:54 pm

Think he's better than Ljungberg. Cutting in off that side he is brilliant.

Overmars didn't play for us long enough to be in my XI. Also he played left side?
    Steadman
    Steadman

Post by Steadman Sat May 14, 2011 2:03 pm

The-Reporter wrote:Think he's better than Ljungberg. Cutting in off that side he is brilliant.

Overmars didn't play for us long enough to be in my XI. Also he played left side?
    You could always move Pires to the right, he could play either wing. Overmars was still a better winger than van Persie though even if he was with us for a short space of time.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 2:11 pm

Steadman wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:Think he's better than Ljungberg. Cutting in off that side he is brilliant.

You could always move Pires to the right, he could play either wing. Overmars was still a better winger than van Persie though even if he was with us for a short space of time.
    RVP - Better touch, better vision, better in the air, better volley, better goal scorer, better ball retention, better crosser, better passer, better for our style of play on either wing, striker, in the hole imo.
    Steadman
    Steadman

Post by Steadman Sat May 14, 2011 2:32 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    Steadman wrote:

RVP - Better touch, better vision, better in the air, better volley, better goal scorer, better ball retention, better crosser, better passer, better for our style of play on either wing, striker, in the hole imo.
    Bolded I cannot agree with, italic is debatable and the rest I agree with.

Thing is though, Robin van Persie's effectiveness comes from playing from behind the striker - in Bergkamp's former role for us. If you stick a world class center forward onto the wing it does not always mean they will play as a world class winger. Overmars out wide was at times unstoppable. His pace, on and off the ball, was unreal and his ability to keep control of the ball at high speeds is something we lack today with Theo.

I agree Robin van Persie would be more effective as a center forward, but when you're talking about who is better playing out wide? There's only one winner.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 3:57 pm

BUFFON
    ZAMBROTTA - NESTA - CANNAVARO - MALDINI
    GATTUSO
    PIRLO - ALBERTINI
    DONADONI---------------DEL PIERO
    TOTTI

Potato-7
    Potato-7

Supports : Olympiakos

Post by Potato-7 Sat May 14, 2011 4:30 pm

Nikopolidis
    Torosidis---Mellberg---Papadopoulos---Georgatos
    Karembeu---Stoltidis
    Galletti----Rivaldo------Djorjevic
    Giovanni
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sat May 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Niemi
    Ostlund - Lundekvam - M. Svensson - Le Saux
    Walcott - A. Svensson - Schneiderlin - Bale
    Le Tissier
    Pahars

That's from the last ten years.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Sat May 14, 2011 9:04 pm

Jordi wrote:
    Niemi
    Ostlund - Lundekvam - M. Svensson - Le Saux
    Walcott - A. Svensson - Schneiderlin - Bale
    Le Tissier
    Pahars

That's from the last ten years.
    eek Giggity
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2011 1:38 am

GK: Lee Camp

RB: Chris Gunter
    CB: Michael Dawson
    CB: John Terry
    LB: Nicky Shorey

RM: Andy Reid
    CM: Chris Cohen
    CM: Jermain Jenas
    LM: Kris Commons

ST: David Johnson
    ST: Marlon Harewood

Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Sun May 15, 2011 1:43 am

I fellt like posting

Casillas
    Ramos - Helguera - Hierro - Roberto Carlos
    Redondo
    C.Ronaldo - Figo
    Zidane
    Morientes - Raúl

Yes I left the Brazilian Ronaldo out because the Raúl - Morientes combo was just so good.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun May 15, 2011 1:47 am

No Beckham. You should be ashamed. shifty
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Sun May 15, 2011 2:26 am

McGregor
    Hutton - Weir -Gough - Numan
    Laudrup - Gascoigne -Van Bronckhorst - McCann
    DeBoer
    Jelavic

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:59 pm