Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Kuled
champions67
The Stig
Dedge
El_indian
Jayx1012
Jordi
Marvin
Golden_Golz
Mouse
Mario
CoVkId01
Barton
Jess
Zzonked
Coatsy
LFC_Grunners
crump
luke.
CollieBuddz
Jamie
Grenade
Jord
Dean
Jack
Childish Logic
Cadbury
Ricardo
Lux
SBSP
Sean
The Zlatan
Theo Filippo
Fanatic
Jaetinh
ShakerMatty
Cornholio
Scouser_Dave
42 posters

Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Weight Training and Fitness Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

Post by Grenade Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Been a while since I last checked but I'm 5'5 and about 6.5 or 7 stones now? Not at home so can't check atm.
    Anonymous

Weight Training and Fitness Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:00 pm

grenade187 wrote:Been a while since I last checked but I'm 5'5 and about 6.5 or 7 stones now? Not at home so can't check atm.
    Ok well at that size you have the advantage that if you consume enough protein (for your size at least 100g a day) you will fill out pretty fast.

What i do is take the protein i need in shakes, then i can just eat whatever the fuck i want without worrying about it. If you decide to get the equipment and stuff i'll be happy to hook you up with a good routine.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:08 pm

Not an expert with food and stuff tbh. What sort of food is good for protein ? Would like a tuna sandwich be a good protein meal?
    Thanks for all the help btw !
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:22 pm

grenade187 wrote:Not an expert with food and stuff tbh. What sort of food is good for protein ? Would like a tuna sandwich be a good protein meal?
    Thanks for all the help btw !
    Tuna
    Eggs (doesn't matter how you cook them)
    Chicken
    Steak

If you go to your local sainsbury/tesco whatever they will have tins of chicken stew/beef stew, chicken curry which are cheap and good for protein. Also i noticed those tins of beans with pork sausages have a decent protein content and they are just 30p a tin. I tend to look out for things like that but its much cheaper/less hassle to cover your protein with shakes than worry about what food you are eating all the time.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:28 pm

Would tuna mixed with mayonnaise still be good for protein ? Sorry if its a sort of a stupid question but people on youtube are saying the fat in it eats the protein???
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:36 pm

grenade187 wrote:Would tuna mixed with mayonnaise still be good for protein ? Sorry if its a sort of a stupid question but people on youtube are saying the fat in it eats the protein???
    Dont worry about people on youtube. That does sound rather disgusting but trust me, fat does not eat.

Im off now but if you need further advice you know where to find me. Top Hat
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Oh okay Smile
    Thanks for the advice Weight Training and Fitness Thread. - Page 3 631712
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Chris wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:Been a while since I last checked but I'm 5'5 and about 6.5 or 7 stones now? Not at home so can't check atm.
    Ok well at that size you have the advantage that if you consume enough protein (for your size at least 100g a day) you will fill out pretty fast.

What i do is take the protein i need in shakes, then i can just eat whatever the fuck i want without worrying about it. If you decide to get the equipment and stuff i'll be happy to hook you up with a good routine.
    This, just buy a tub of protein powder mix have 90g of it a day with milk and you have around 100g easy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:49 pm

I did last summer, got bored though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:42 pm

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Chris wrote:

This, just buy a tub of protein powder mix have 90g of it a day with milk and you have around 100g easy

Don't mix it with milk. There protein in milk that slows down the nutrient absorption in the intestines, so lowers the amount of protein you actually take in.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:47 pm

You sure about that? Because that's very underweight.

And what Chris said to you won't help you much at the moment.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:03 pm

Chris you need to hoover up in your garage.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:04 pm

I'm 5"9/5"10 9.9 stone which to me I think is underweight.... So you sound well underweight. OMG
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:17 pm

Don't do weights.

Just jog four times a week, doing about 2 miles every jog. Not much, but it keeps me fit and active.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:21 pm

Mr Leiva wrote:Don't do weights.

Just jog four times a week, doing about 2 miles every jog. Not much, but it keeps me fit and active.
    Thats what im going to start doing, ill also run In Australia round the Beaches shifty
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:36 am

Dan wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Chris wrote:

Don't mix it with milk. There protein in milk that slows down the nutrient absorption in the intestines, so lowers the amount of protein you actually take in.
    Oh right never knew that Embarassed I have it in small amounts anyway 250ml milk 30g protein mix.

I suppose as long as my muscles recover after 2 - 3 days thats all that matters
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:43 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Chris wrote:

Oh right never knew that Embarassed I have it in small amounts anyway 250ml milk 30g protein mix.

I suppose as long as my muscles recover after 2 - 3 days thats all that matters

Yeah, you could easily make-up the protein that isn't absorbed with a snack or something. Drinking milk before bed is a good idea though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:16 am

What's the rule for protein again? 1.5g for 1.5 lb body weight?

Might just increase it in my diet,
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:29 am

I'm starting again next week with cardio but with a proper diet this time.

Last edited by NoviNovak on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:51 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:What's the rule for protein again? 1.5g for 1.5 lb body weight?

There is no rule. You should eat 1g for every kg you way in a balanced diet anyway. If you want to put on weight, you need to eat more - but not too much as excess will turn into fat.

It all depends on what you are looking to achieve. Gain weight? Put on muscle? Get toned? Become a proper beast?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:58 am

Dan wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:What's the rule for protein again? 1.5g for 1.5 lb body weight?

There is no rule. You should eat 1g for every kg you way in a balanced diet anyway. If you want to put on weight, you need to eat more - but not too much as excess will turn into fat.

It all depends on what you are looking to achieve. Gain weight? Put on muscle? Get toned? Become a proper beast?

I've got muscles as it is, but I need to get back into shape, might be slightly over-weight. I just currently resort to an exercise routine late evening or early morning where I just go as far as I can go in 15 minutes or less. These protein-shakes are intriguing, but a good diet seems a simpler alternative.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:02 am

You add the Protein shakes into your diet
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:05 am

I've tried many times but I've never been comitted enough to do it for more than a month.

Protein shakes taste like shite too.

Last edited by Cadbury on Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:06 am

Protein shakes are a waste of money. Should only be used at the beginning if you aren't used to eating as much as you need to bulk up.

They might contain a load of protein, but they also contain a load of shit, and also don't have the nutrients that natural protein rich foods contain. A good diet is so much better for you than protein shakes. Plus, your system might not agree with them and they can lead to the shits.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:06 am

What do you mean by exercise for 15 minutes? Thats not enough.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:09 am

press-ups, sit-ups, chin-ups etc. And they do work, just take time and you have to be consistently motivated.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:10 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    Dan wrote:

I've got muscles as it is, but I need to get back into shape, might be slightly over-weight. I just currently resort to an exercise routine late evening or early morning where I just go as far as I can go in 15 minutes or less. These protein-shakes are intriguing, but a good diet seems a simpler alternative.

In this case, don't resort to loading your body with protein (protein shakes will also be a no no). You'll need to increase your exercise time (I'm guessing you want to tone up and slim slightly then?). Keep your protein intake to 1 per kg of your body weight. Don't go much higher and raise it slightly if you begin to train heavily with weights.

Protein should make up about 30% of your diet a day normally. Keep it as close to that as possible.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:12 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:press-ups, sit-ups, chin-ups etc. And they do work, just take time and you have to be consistently motivated.

You say you are slightly over weight so i'm assuming you want to lose that? Go running.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:16 am

I've never bothered with protein shakes. Dont think I can be arsed either.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:20 am

James wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:press-ups, sit-ups, chin-ups etc. And they do work, just take time and you have to be consistently motivated.

You say you are slightly over weight so i'm assuming you want to lose that? Go running.

I think I'll lose it if I just decrease the fat intake, though that is a good option, and it seems quite a few people on here do running.

And Dan, problem is, longer than 15 minutes and I might lose the motivation. Maybe I should get up earlier, I find it easier in the mornings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:28 pm