Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Kuled
champions67
The Stig
Dedge
El_indian
Jayx1012
Jordi
Marvin
Golden_Golz
Mouse
Mario
CoVkId01
Barton
Jess
Zzonked
Coatsy
LFC_Grunners
crump
luke.
CollieBuddz
Jamie
Grenade
Jord
Dean
Jack
Childish Logic
Cadbury
Ricardo
Lux
SBSP
Sean
The Zlatan
Theo Filippo
Fanatic
Jaetinh
ShakerMatty
Cornholio
Scouser_Dave
42 posters

Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Weight Training and Fitness Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

Post by Cadbury Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:10 am

Forunatly, I don't eat alot, nor do I get fat easily, must be my metabolic rate neu shades.
    Though I've stopped doing Cricket and Football, and I don't gym so I'm probably going to die at 40.
    Anonymous

Weight Training and Fitness Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:13 am

Same here, except I eat a lot. I eat so much junk and barely exercise yet my weight remains around 155 pounds. It can drop 5 pounds very quickly if I'm having a stressful week or two.
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:15 am

If I eat a grape i'll know about it in the morning, I have a wank metabolism Neutral
    Jack
    Jack

Post by Jack Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:56 am

Unbelievable metabolism, can eat virtually anything and don't put on a pound.

I power-speed 3KG weights, but that's like 100 contractions before moving on to a different exercise.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:18 pm

I'm already a beast. So I don't do weights. Just lots and lots of football and running.

If I did the weights, it'd effect my mobility which would have a big impact on my football.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:52 pm

I have a fast metabolism. I eat anything and as much as i want but don't put on any weight. Which is bad because
    i am underweight

ahlycotc wrote:Do you people really struggle with 5 kg? That's 11 pounds. Do you mean 5 kg on each side of the bar? Because that would translate into a total of around 67 pounds.

I was talking about the dungbells.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:15 pm

All you guys who have great metabolisms better watch out once you pass thirty/forty.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:26 pm

why???
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:27 pm

SBSP wrote:All you guys who have great metabolisms better watch out once you pass thirty/forty.

I'll start eating healthy by then.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:28 pm

That's what they all say.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:31 pm

SBSP wrote:That's what they all say.

It's true though. I'll most likely be married by then and can afford good food. You can't expect a college student to eat healthy.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:37 pm

You win this round. -_-
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:40 pm

SBSP wrote:You win this round. -_-

I win all rounds. -_-
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:41 pm

I got beasted. Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:50 pm

You have been ahlified.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:47 pm

Rei wrote:You have been ahlified.

I actually Googled that to get the definition. Then I realized it was a made up word formed from my username. Neutral
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:51 am

Im going to start doing running and weights. shifty
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:56 am

Wish I had a gym in my garage.. But I'll need a garage first.

Been doing regular excercise and dumbbell lifting for about 3 months now. A simple cycle of cardio, pushups/situps, weights throught each week and a rest on the weekends.

Last edited by Jord on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:58 am

You well built from it?
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:59 am

Where did you get your dumbells Jord?
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:12 am

Burytilidie wrote:You well built from it?
    Hardly. I've got this huge matabolism and because of that I eat as much shit as possible, so it's hard to add anything to the abs. Been seeing results on near the chest, shoulders and arms I suppose. All I can do is keep going, enjoying it so far.

Sean wrote:Where did you get your dumbells Jord?
    Got them from my Stepdad. Used to built like a brick shithouse until he hit his 50's. So he let me use his stuff such as his dumbells, wrist weights.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:39 am

Added to my setup. bounce

Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:48 pm

Is it good to have a fast metabolism ?
    Been considering doing weights for a while. I just have 1 10kg dumbbell (which I struggle with) and a boxing bag. Need to buy some more shit !
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:25 pm

grenade187 wrote:Is it good to have a fast metabolism ?
    Been considering doing weights for a while. I just have 1 10kg dumbbell (which I struggle with) and a boxing bag. Need to buy some more shit !
    Fast metabolism is great, especially if you want the shredded look.

I'd buy something like this if you're a beginner.. (same bench i have, its cheap and solid)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9237245/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CSports+and+leisure%7C14419152/c_2/2%7C14419152%7CHome+gym+equipment%7C14419293/c_3/3%7Ccat_14419293%7CWeight+lifting+and+exercise+benches%7C14419306.htm

Weight Training and Fitness Thread. - Page 2 31-9237245MMA76UC1010359M
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Chris wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:Is it good to have a fast metabolism ?
    Fast metabolism is great, especially if you want the shredded look.

I'd buy something like this if you're a beginner.. (same bench i have, its cheap and solid)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9237245/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CSports+and+leisure%7C14419152/c_2/2%7C14419152%7CHome+gym+equipment%7C14419293/c_3/3%7Ccat_14419293%7CWeight+lifting+and+exercise+benches%7C14419306.htm

Weight Training and Fitness Thread. - Page 2 31-9237245MMA76UC1010359M
    Wow that's ridiculously cheap !
    You have one is it like flimsy 2mm steel ? Alot of people in the reviews say its a bit loose and wobbly. Whats so good about metal weight than cement weights?

I might go on monday to buy that I didn't know they could be that cheap Weight Training and Fitness Thread. - Page 2 644235
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:58 pm

I think the people saying its flimsy are probably big fat blokes.

It wouldn't be ideal if you are like the size of the rock, but for somebody who's 14 stone or lower i'd say its fine.

Metal/Cement weights are no different, they are just weights. Cement ones are generally cased in plastic and to give you an example a 10kg cement weight will be about twice the size of a 10kg metal weight.

I prefer the metal ones but it doesnt really matter at all.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Chris wrote:I think the people saying its flimsy are probably big fat blokes.

It wouldn't be ideal if you are like the size of the rock, but for somebody who's 14 stone or lower i'd say its fine.

Metal/Cement weights are no different, they are just weights. Cement ones are generally cased in plastic and to give you an example a 10kg cement weight will be about twice the size of a 10kg metal weight.

Cool thanks ill defo be buying it then. Only problem I can see myself having is with the leg things. Might feel uncomfortable as I'm pretty short but you can't really complain for the price.

How long have you been weight training for ? Are protein shakes worth the time ? When you started training were your muscles naturally big ?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:15 pm

grenade187 wrote:
    Chris wrote:I think the people saying its flimsy are probably big fat blokes.

Cool thanks ill defo be buying it then. Only problem I can see myself having is with the leg things. Might feel uncomfortable as I'm pretty short but you can't really complain for the price.

How long have you been weight training for ? Are protein shakes worth the time ? When you started training were your muscles naturally big ?
    Well i trained on and off since i was 14, my dad used to take me gym with him but he was always inconsistent so it did nothing for me. I've been going since march now training 4 times a week, i was never naturally big in fact i was a fucking phaggot. Now im seeing results its encouraging to keep going.

Protein shakes are well worth the time and money if you want to gain muscle quick. I have 2 a day. This is the protein i buy because its the best quality for really cheap, I buy it in 5kg tubs at a time.

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/product.php/276/18/whey_protein_concentrate_82___instantised_

Its flavourless so it doesn't taste nice, you can buy the flavoured ones for abit more. I don't drink them for the taste though. Laughing

Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Would that powder be good for me ? Currently I don't have much muscle or body fat. £12 for the 1kg bucket seems good.
    Is there any guides on youtube or that forum you go on on how to make some of your own ? Some people say eat raw eggs but I'm sure you can get salmonella like that Weight Training and Fitness Thread. - Page 2 369140
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:43 pm

grenade187 wrote:Would that powder be good for me ? Currently I don't have much muscle or body fat. £12 for the 1kg bucket seems good.
    Is there any guides on youtube or that forum you go on on how to make some of your own ? Some people say eat raw eggs but I'm sure you can get salmonella like that Weight Training and Fitness Thread. - Page 2 369140
    Forget eating raw eggs.

If you tell me your height and weight i can help.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:53 pm